Mafia: Signups

MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
edited June 2013 in OOC Chat

We haven't had a Mafia game on forums in ages, so I'll host one! Sign up in this thread if you are interested!
I'll update this post with the current list and we'll start either in a weekish, or once we get 25 people.

We're doing a basic game format I've run in the past, which will be lightly Aetolian themed.
Check out this if you've never played before, or need a refresher.

The Breakdown: Lifers vs Darkies
Lightly Aetolian themed, but don't hyper-analyse the roles. They are just for a fun theme.

Enoduiran
-------------

Lifer - all players are this role by default, unless told otherwise
The Luminary - this player is the equivalent of the Doctor role and can angel aura one player each night round to save them from a kill
The Sentaari - this player is the equivalent of the Cop and can use telepathy to investigate one player each night round
The Zealot - this player is the equivalent of the Vigilante and can firebomb one person he/she suspects as mafia each night round (this role is dependent on overall total numbers - if we don't have enough, I'll drop it)

Bloodreach
-------------

The vampires* - this is the equivalent of the mafia. Your goal is to kill all the lifers and, collectively, you vote by majority on one person to kill each night round
The Bloodborn - the supervamp, this player is the equivalent of the godfather and his/her super OP rituals prevent him/her from being identified as a darkie when investigated

Rogue!
---------

The Syssin - do your own thang. This role is the equivalent of the Serial Killer and wins if everyone else dies. No phasing allowed.

* numbers to be determined based on overall number of players.

Signup if interested, and post with any questions! Also let me know if there is an IC name you'd like listed next to your forum ID. It can save for confusion later in the game, when everyone is voting for, say, Llok even though his forum ID is Drass.

Signed up:

----------------

1. Iosyne

2. Arbre

3. Angwe

4. Aldric

5. Ilyon

6. Macavity

7. Alexina

8. Setne

9. Xenia

10. Valenae

11. Periluna

12. Aryanne

13. Esper

14. Piper

15. Teani

16. Ezalor

Comments

• IosyneIosyne the Lair
    So down.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Yessum.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Sure!
  • Absolutely in.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • Sure, let's try this.

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    sure I will give it a try!  although what do you mean about the IC name next to the forum ID?  where or what does that show?
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I just meant if someone has a weird forum name not related to the Aetolian everyone knows them as. For example, Llok uses Drass on forums, but everyone calls him Llok. Someone who doesn't know him might think those are two different people.
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    I'll join.
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    I'm up for a game, sure.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • You know I will!

• I'm in

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• Oooh, haven't played this in forever.
    I wanna play!
    Me-me, pick me!

I am curious, how will this work on the forums, or will we get that information at the start of the game??
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• I'm in

edited June 2013
    Instructions will be given when the game starts, yep. If you haven't played before, though, I suggest you take a look at one of the older games to get a feel for how gameplay works: http://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/235/mafia-trouble-in-the-spires/
    is this starting soon or are we losing steam on it?/  I hope not because it sounded fun!
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

I said I'd leave signups for a week. I'll give it until the end of the weekend before I send out roles. Ideally, we could use up to 10 more people! Sign up!!!
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    I'll play :)
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited June 2013
    I wish I had the time. Maybe I'll go next round. :(

Actually, scratch that. I've got internet for another few weeks. Hopefully I can get online at least once a day. If that's enough, let me know!

• edited June 2013
    Dat moment when I get off a plane and immediately check on mafia. Not my email, or my bank balance - just mafia. lol

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

OrisaeEsperPerilunaMacavityAryanne
    Going to set this up TONIGHT, so you have a few hours to sign up last minute!
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Ah let's give it a try!
    Sorry, SOMEONE deleted the city's laws so I got kinda distracted last night. I'll set up this game after I take a nap.