Producer Change

This is a repost of an announce in the game so that you can discuss it.

---------------

After reviewing recent and long standing player and volunteer concerns I have decided to make some significant changes to the Aetolia management.

We're going to release Eric Lamy (Galleus) from his position as lead producer on Aetolia. The new producer will be Michael Duncan (Razmael). He'll start immediately, but Eric has agreed to help make the transition as smooth as possible and will remain with Aetolia through the end of the year.

I personally would like the mention how much I appreciate the work that Eric has done over the years for IRE. I first met him on Achaea when we were both players. Many thanks to Eric for the work he's put in over the years and we wish him the best in the future.

I will be around as much as possible, especially over the next couple of weeks to make sure things are moving along smoothly. If you have any question please do not hesitate to email me at jeremy@ironrealms.com.

Lin

Comments

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Thank you for everything, Galleus.

So. Does this mean that a new coder will be hired to replace Razmael is the lead coder?

Also, what does this all mean for Aetolia? Will stuff move on as previously (the transition towards new continent, class revamps, etc)?
    Azrael
  • VarianVarian Administrator
    Yes and yes.
  • You're a great guy and all the work you've put in over the years won't be forgotten. Thanks for everything, Eric.
    IosyneAldric
  • Thank you for being a major part of why Aetolia is what it is today. I appreciate the help you've given me, on a personal note!
  • First off I'm going to say thanks to big G, he took over shortly before I quit playing Aetolia and I've only been back for about 4 months now but have enjoyed my time back immensely.

Secondly, I have to say congrats to Mike. I haven't spoke with him since I originally quit playing and was extremely disappointed to not see him playing when I came back. You have to imagine my surprise to see his name in the announce post. So again, congrats my old friend!

I'm looking forward to seeing where this change leads.

• You can be assured I'm echoing my co-volunteers when I say this: thank you for everything, Eric. I appreciate everything you've done for me in the past two years I've been up in the Pools. Let's continue to discuss fine microbrews and cuisine with Clexx! (that Korean BBQ..)
    IosyneAldric
  • Love you G!
  • Thank you, Galleus. I admire you for your business sense, and hope that whatever endeavors you pursue from here on are successful. 

Congratulations, Razmael. While this is a rather sensitive subject no doubt, I have nothing but complete faith that you'll be able to take us forward. You deserve it.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    Azrael
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Thanks Galleus, and Congrats Raz.  
    Doin big things yo.
  • Hah, I get the joke.
  • ..Does this perhaps mean that Razmael will be showing his face on a Ustream now?
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Miss yoooouuuu!
  • Take care, Galleus, and good luck in the future.

Congrats, Raz! Now all the pressure is on you! :P

• KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Thanks for your hard work and dedication, G.

I think the most important question now is: will Razmael also spend 8-12 hours a day on Aetolia? 
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    AldricArbreLin
  • Kiyotan said:
    Thanks for your hard work and dedication, G.

I think the most important question now is: will Razmael also spend 8-12 hours a day on Aetolia? 
    Was there ever a time when he didn't?
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Thank you for all the years and time you put in, Eric. You will be missed.

Congratulations to Razmael, who I am sure is celebrating by microwaving a chicken as we speak.
    CaspienKiyotanAldricLupinHavenOrisaeYuuki
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    We love you, Eric! I'll be starting a petition to get Mike to wear a fauxhawk in your honor.
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Just wanted to write a big thanks to Eric for everything he has done.

He's always been a really patient and understanding guy, and always been very supportive where he can. Thanks for the opportunities, you've let us all have a great time during your period as Producer and you will be sorely missed.

:)
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited December 2012

Thanks eric and congrats Razmael

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3918/sheepagecopy.jpg

^^^^ the new midnight age poster^^^^

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

MastemaHaven
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.

This played the whole time I read this topic.

Thanks, G. You've been very professional in our interactions, and it's awesome to know that the guy in charge cares about the people.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
    HavenZunAldric
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Daingean said:

This played the whole time I read this topic.

Thanks, G. You've been very professional in our interactions, and it's awesome to know that the guy in charge cares about the people.
    Supernatural fanboy squeal. \o/
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Zun
  • Thanks for everything G, and best of luck in whatever you do next.

• Thanks for everything, Eric. You've earned all the praises. I appreciate all you've done for me, for the game, and all the players. Good luck!

And congrats to the new Producer! You have big shoes to fill, but I am certain you'll do a wonderful job. I applaud your intent to have a more open communication and hope to hear more about upcoming releases, projects on hold and what can be done to help make things go even smoother. Once more, Congratulations, Razmael!
  • A BIG thankyou to G, and a Congratulations to Raz!
  • Seriously, you're both awesome and I'm excited to see where this goes! Thank you for your time invested in us and our silly hobby here, Eric.

Congrats Ramz! You'll be as awesome as you've always been.
  • PericlesPericles Administrator, Immortal
    This is Matt (the CEO of Iron Realms). I just wanted to echo what Jeremy said, and wish Eric the best going forward.

And to Raz: Make it happen. (and congrats!)

• But who will we name our whirlwinds after now?
    My avatar is not representative of how I or my character look.