Aryanne Aquila

edited February 2014 in Self-Affirmations
SO! I've been back into things for.. a month now? Ish? Bit longer? And I'm still feeling kinda rusty, shaking off the cobwebs doesn't really feel complete. I've been getting out there more and trying to interact with people, so I'd really like some advice/feedback on it!

Things I largely wonder and would love answers to as you have them:
Is Aryanne a little too over-the-top?
Is she annoying, as a player, to interact with?
What could I improve about my writing?
Does she seems very one-dimensional?
Does my RP leave you lacking, disinterested in more?
If yes, any suggestions on how I could improve this?
Any general suggestions about what I can improve!

Things that are obviously nice to hear:
Do you enjoy my writing?
Do you / your character enjoy Aryanne?
Anything else about interacting with Aryanne you feel like sharing
Things you like about interacting with her!

Please don't be shy to critique or offer 'negative' feedback, I will be thrilled that I've made enough of an impression that you bothered to post here one way or the other! :D

Haven

Comments

• AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Your emotes are very well written, full of careful characterization and full descriptions where necessary.

That said, they don't all have to be six-line long paragraphs! I found it was extremely liberating once I started using shorter emotes to describe smaller chunks of an interaction or conversation. Don't get me wrong, there's certainly a time for the longer emotes, but until you settle into a sort of 'pace' or 'rhythm' for a scene, short emotes help move things along.

Or maybe I could start RPing with you before it's like 3am and we're both either trying to rush off to bed or passing out at the keyboard (:p).
    Aryanne
  • Thanks @angwe! I will try to mix things up and break my emotes up into smaller chunks, especially to get things moving as you pointed out. Honestly, mine are usually probably longer than they've been.  Ya know... when I'm not struggling to keep my eyes open, hahaha.
    (it makes such a great excuse for the typos/syntax fail, though >.>)

• You're a good writer, though not a fast one, and I never regret the wait for an emote from you.  Your excellent, or at least above average, knowledge of anatomy is always fun as well.  There have been a few times I've had to look up a muscle or muscle group or a bone that you've referenced because I was unaware of what it was or where it was located on the body.

Aryanne herself is immensely enjoyable, and very quirky.  Her reactions to things are often outside of what I might consider the 'ordinary' range of reactions, and interacting with her frequently makes me think about what my character would do, and leads to me improving my own role playing as well.

In short, lots of love.
    Aryanne
  • I've always enjoyed my brief conversations with Aryanne! She seems like a load of fun.
    Aryanne
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I adore how you play Aryanne. I don't think it's over the top at all and plays nicely into all of our interactions. 
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Aryanne
  • @mephistoles:  Thank you, Mephi! It's reassuring to know that my slowmotes are tolerable. I've been trying to go faster, but yours are SOLONGANDFAST that it's always been hard to compete. You're definitely one of those people that makes me feel like I need to one-up the non-critical descriptions a notch for characterization, which is great!

@sarkis : Thanks! Maybe they'll finally actually RP some day and get more character out!

@haven : Thank you! :D They haven't had tooo many interactions, but since I think your emotes are always so well written and full of character and subtext, it's nice to hear that mine don't feel over-done as I'm trying to keep up!

Mephistoles
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Aryanne is about the only 'snuggly' that I can put up with.  She's adorable without overdoing it - I never feel like she's about to pounce, lick, or snuggle.  I love the language quirk, no matter how much I make fun of you for it.  It's a lot of fun for me to be around her and people who don't know her well and get to translate while others are wondering what the heck she's saying.  It's not an overdone accent but it's own unique thing that you pull off really well.
    Aryanne
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    I've been really enjoying getting to know Aryanne better! Her little quirks often have me sitting here giggling -- she comes across so bubbly and cheerful, of course, but is then deeply suspicious/afraid of babies. Weird little quirks like that are what make a character really come to life for me! I find the dynamic between her and Emelle very funny, because in a lot of ways they are opposite, but they seem to be able to understand each other in a way that allows them a sort of easy friendship, and that's fun! I also love her random questions and gifts, and the thought that you put into sustaining interactions with Emelle.

I get the sense that there's a lot more to Aryanne's character, which keeps me interested, and I appreciate that thoughtfulness. Looking forward to more from you!
    Aryanne
  • I've been kinda feeling blah and 'pfffftthhhbbttt'ly boring at my attempts at RP lately,

So I beg of you!

Tell me what I'm doing well and/or what I'm doing poorly. Help me improve or at least know what NOT to change.

Alternatively, be gushy and flattering, or criticize her leaving/joining your organization!

• You did leaving Enorian really poorly. I recommend you come back and try it again.
    Aryanne
  • edited June 2014
    Faerah has no idea what to think about Aryanne. From the moment she met her she's been kind of skeptical that she'll cut it in the Syssin, but willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.

As for me, I think the character is fairly lovely. You carry her about consistently which is fairly impressive considering how quirky she is. I disagree with @Rashar though, you did everything right in leaving Enorian. You should just stay put.
    Aryanne
  • God, the world is not ready for Aryanne the spy.

"However do you do, what with all of the top secret goings on about?"
    *scratches head, confused*
    *spills -all- the beans*
    FaerahHavenEmelle
  • Rashar said:

God, the world is not ready for Aryanne the spy.

"However do you do, what with all of the top secret goings on about?"
    *scratches head, confused*
    *spills -all- the beans*

^ QFT. Still, I think Fae's suspending her belief a bit because -I'd- like to see how/if Aryanne develops and see if we can rub off on her some. Should be fun either way.
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    I loved the RP we had last night, even if it was brief. I think I can have Sol harden Aryanne up a little, maybe, or could just scare the wits out of her constantly. Sounds like a decent plan, too.

AshmerAryanne
  • @Rashar @Faerah - Daresay, I haven't the slightest notion whatever you mean!

And - Thank you! :D

@Solaria - I enjoyed that little snippet tremendously! I could easily see either of those happening, haha.

Solaria
  • we need to meet more often. In person.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    Aryanne
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    I want my Ary back.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• IngramIngram Alaska
    You're great, don't change. Aryanne is just.. awesome. Well-written, fleshed out personality, funny, adorable, etc. Glad you're on my end of the world now.
    AshmerFaerahHavenAryanne
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    In many ways, easily one of the most loveable characters in Aetolia. I do like that you're kinda sorta trying to delve into PK and make her more... I dunno. Serious? Mature? Developed? Dunno if those are really appropriate but the only ones I can think of at the moment.

But at the same time saddening cause Aryanne's kind of innocence is a really difficult role to pull off well which I think you do marvelously and I like that unique niche you offer to the game. Regardless of that, I do think it's interesting to see her delve into the more edgier and darker themes. So we'll see how things go.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    EmelleAryanne
  • Just wanted to post an update here -

- Aryanne is a wonderful character. I really enjoy interacting with her (even though sometimes it breaks my head trying to figure out precisely what she's said!). She's three dimensional, consistent and well-written, and I enjoy seeing her and Faerah's relationship develop.
    Aryanne
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    I'm going to be short, but Daskalos absolutely adores Aryanne...

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

AshmerAryanne
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    I'll post again, because our dynamic has been really shifting. I always adore Aryanne and love that she's actually become a bit passionate about Solaria not wanting to be family (the whole vamp cutting off thing). The tells we were going through back and forth (that were unfortunately not logged) were amazing. You rolled with Sol's cold, brutal attitude and kept on being Aryanne still with no issues. You do a great job. :)

Aryanne
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    You joined a city and you allowed me to have Aarbrok give the proper introduction, you were sweet, interested, and enjoyable to talk to. Aryanne is kind and welcoming to pretty much anything from my initial observations, and I had an absolute blast RPing with you to welcome you 'home'

Aryanne
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Ingram said:

You're great, don't change. Aryanne is just.. awesome. Well-written, fleshed out personality, funny, adorable, etc. Glad you're on my end of the world now.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

TragerAarbrokEmelleAryanne
  • edited August 2014
    Rashar said:

You did leaving Enorian really poorly. I recommend you come back and try it again.

@rashar

Done.

Ya'll make me so flattered, SO MUCH <3!

• EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    I'm just here to say that I love the friendship(?) between Emelle and Aryanne. Most of the time Em doesn't know what to make of Ary, and is sort of mystified that she's developed any fondness for her at all; meanwhile, I'm usually sitting in front of my screen giggling nonstop at their conversations.

You've created a character that manages to be at once hilarious and believable, and you execute her with great consistency. Even though most of our interactions these days happen through tells, I really enjoy RP with you.

I'm also sorry I never got around to that thing we were supposed to do -- RL, you know. I haven't forgotten about it...maybe someday! :)
    TragerAryanneHaven
  • Nobody knows what to make of Ary.

We just love, and don't question. :)
    EmelleTragerHaven
  • AuresaeAuresae Minneapolis
    When you start reading what she says and understanding it immediately is when you need to seek help.
    AryanneTragerAarbrokPiperAshmerEmelle
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I feel like Aishia has always gotten Aryanne better than most people. And the other way around too. I do sort of miss when we RP'd more. I think especially back then, we both were always all sugar and honey, to the point where we just couldn't keep it up with each other. rofl. Remember all my plots to murder you!? I think Aishia has gotten a lot more acerbic since BACK THEN. Aryanne's def one of those characters with a bit more depth and layering in, than you might figure at first. It's probably a mark of good roleplay when you're not just portraying your character in a certain way, but that your CHARACTER is acting a certain way on top of the fundamentals of their personality. If you know what I mean you'll understand me! Haw. "HATING" Aryanne has always been one of the backbones of my character!
    HavenAryanne
  • She's like a flaky pastry. Sweetness and light. I just haven't gotten to the dark raspberry filling yet. We should RP more, I want to babysit.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*