Announce post #3462: A History of 2022 & Previews for 2023!

12/21/2022 at 22:14
Ictinus, the Architect
Everyone
A History of 2022 & Previews for 2023!

Hi folks!

It's that time again already (somehow) for the year in review post and previews for 2023! The post proper will be in the forum thread for this announce (give me about 30 seconds to post it), with a write up of the year 2022 and some idea of what you can expect from Aetolia in 2023.

Feel free to comment in the thread with your thoughts and speculations!

Penned by my hand on Falsday, the 3rd of Variach, in the year 507 MA.

Comments

• AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    Things I'd Like to See in 2023
    ---------------------------------
    -- Pure Int based neutral class
    -- Chronomancers for above like we talked about
    -- At least one additional solo instanced bashing area like Xaanhal
    -- Airships(Memes aside, we did see one in the recent event again)
    -- Normal ships(Dawnbreaker was one of my favorite things ever)
    -- Additional flavorful tieins of certain classes into certain Mercantile skills
    -- Crates promo again(I have had this last venantium crowbar for nearly 2 years at this point)
    -- Provisioning to be fully revamped/reworked(This has been one of the biggest regrets I have on any spending in Aetolia)
    -- While continuing to adjust city identities, consider reworking Ministries, a request the community has had for a long time
    -- In the spirit of adjusting city mechanics, with the cities having 20 city ranks now, allow city leaders to invest certain powers into certain cityranks
    -- The return of the Weekly Milestone :)
    Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
  • Could we perhaps get mor mid-tier hunting areas? Think lvl70-99 unartifacted hunting. There are really few of them and not every player is interested in (or can afford) thousands of dollars worth of arties or bashing to lvl200.
  • edited December 2022
    cinnamae said:

Could we perhaps get mor mid-tier hunting areas? Think lvl70-99 unartifacted hunting. There are really few of them and not every player is interested in (or can afford) thousands of dollars worth of arties or bashing to lvl200.

They are actually doing that in a round about fashion. Mid-tier zones were frequently bashed out by people going to 200. By adding more 'endgame' zones they are taking congestion out of those zones and freeing them up for people of the appropriate level/gear range.
    Xavin