11/7/2022 at 12:45
Ictinus, the Architect
Looking Ahead: Remainder of 2022
Now that we've had a bit of a break following the War of Night and October's fun, I wanted to touch base a bit on what our plans are for the last ~8 weeks of the year.
The Night War was an unplanned and massive undertaking which dominated a whole quarter by itself. As a result of that, we have had to make some significant changes to our original plan for 2022.
After careful consideration and initial planning/outlining of the project, we have made the decision to shift Agriculture 3 from Q4 2022 into Q1 2023. This was a difficult call but I believe it to be the right one in order to ensure it has adequate time in the oven to be properly designed, developed, and polished to release at the high quality it deserves.
Further, with the return of the 1v1v1v1 conflict meta, I want to put more time and development attention into shoring up themes and identity to ensure every org has a solid foundation to work from.
With that in mind, you can expect to see the following before the end of the year:
- Additional updates to the ylem system and continued review/updates of conflict systems.
* War, orrery, and holy war are all on the list here, but this is likely to continue beyond 2022 as a focus.
- Further enhancement of city themes via new features, focused storylines, and "things" to engage with.
* The aim here is to provide vehicles to engage with the city themes in a variety of different ways that suit several play styles.
- The clean-up of scoured terrain and the aftermath of Dejaani/Ohlsana.
- A couple of new areas are on the way.
In a week or two I'll be posting a survey for feedback as we start to make our calendar for 2023; keep an eye out for it!
Penned by my hand on Closday, the 12th of Severin, in the year 506 MA.