Research Trees

Lets talk about the research trees and if or when the damaged abilities will work again. It feels like the pink elephant in the room that no one talks about or seems to care. I asked IC to various people and nobody knows.

I will admit I have selfish reasons for asking and they pertain to bashing. The anatomy lost means 5% crit rate gone, the manipulation and transmutation of wisdom is 30% XP lost. Having the venantium-chased gauntlet makes it even more annoying since we could get a free manipulation every 6 hours. I remember @Mjoll saying in the forums here how she spend a lot of gold transmuting wisdom, that is no longer possible. It may not be much but at higher levels every little bit helps.

Now with all that said and to be fair the weekly bonuses for September and October certainly made up for the research loses. Thank you @Ictinus and the team for that, it was appreciated.
MjollValorieIllikaal

Comments

• I poke Bloodloch's research ministry every now and again about this, I'm sure they're all sick of me (sorry not sorry). It'd be great to get the followup on this so we know what's going to be turned back on and get that ball rolling.
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
  • Mjoll said:

I poke Bloodloch's research ministry every now and again about this, I'm sure they're all sick of me (sorry not sorry). It'd be great to get the followup on this so we know what's going to be turned back on and get that ball rolling.

Yes so have I and I also ask a few people from other cities. From what I can tell the player base does not know. I was hoping @Ictinus would chime in here. I also sent him a message about 3 weeks ago asking to consider making the expensive artifact venantium chased gauntlet level 7 work like the improved absorbtion artifact that works even if the city does not have the research ability. Never heard back. Maybe he has a secret agenda *eyeshift =)
  • Did everyone lose the same branches from the trees?

• AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    Yeah, for those of us who have level 20 antiquated gauntlet, which includes all 3 transmute charges, losing that functionality is kinda savage.

My guess, knowing Ictinus, is that there is story based reasons they haven't talked about it yet, and they don't want to spoil anything.

Even still, its a bit out of character to not have heard anything at all, especially when it affects so much. Here's to hoping we do hear something soon!
    Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
    Neoma
  • They're likely re-doing the research trees, since they damaged certain pylon modules for a reason. Maybe they're waiting for a city to get to maximum ylem first before telling us how to repair them!
    AeryxNeoma
  • Elene said:

They're likely re-doing the research trees, since they damaged certain pylon modules for a reason. Maybe they're waiting for a city to get to maximum ylem first before telling us how to repair them!

Perhaps but it has now been well over 2 months that certain abilities of the the artifact gauntlet are unavailable. I only have a level 10 gauntlet but as Aeryx said those with level 20 lose even more. Maybe its just me but I feel this is not right.