Announce post #3418: Major Foci & Occupation-General

10/7/2022 at 13:50
Keroc, the Starborn
Everyone
Major Foci & Occupation-General

Hi folks,

We're making some changes to how major foci work as I continue to give our conflict systems an update. This particular one focuses on making a major foci a little more valuable to contest and/or control.

There are more Research changes to be coming soon, so don't flood Ictinus' inbox too hard about the damaged pylon ranks for now.

Major foci changes
==================
- Major foci now have a hard cooldown of 3 days, up from 1.
* The soft cooldown where it has a 1 in 10 chance to spawn remains, once the hard cooldown is over.
- The ylem gain possible from a major foci has now been tripled.
- Fixed a bug where major foci didn't grant the full amount of time allowed to complete a contention phase.
- Fixed a bug where the eld in the Onslaught contention were generating less ylem than intended due to one of my earlier changes with Absorption.
- LEYLINES now has information about each contention type when in a major foci area.
* The LEYLINES display also has some wording changes as well, so you might need to update your triggers.
- Node and Ylemfield contentions now spawn their own type of foci instead of lessers and minors.
- Node and Ylemfield foci now have very fast control times, so you can quickly take them over after chasing off an opponent.

In addition, we have a new treaty term and a new city position: the Occupation-General. Make sure you read HELP OCCUPATION before agreeing to any treaties that specify this term within its writing, so you know what you might be signing up for.

As per HELP TREATY, the use of the term is described as thus:

OCCUPATION <person> : (City only) You will offer the position of
Occupation-General to an opposing party,
providing that the chosen individual is a
citizen of that party. When signed, the
Occupation-General will have a number of
powers in your city, which can be found
under HELP OCCCUPATION. You must include
a relation term alongside this to be
valid.

That's all for now!

Penned by my hand on Closday, the 1st of Midsummer, in the year 505 MA.
Seurimas