Announce post #3397: Some changes to: Chocolates, XP Gain, Chalices

8/16/2022 at 15:36
Ictinus, the Architect
Everyone
Some changes to: Chocolates, XP Gain, Chalices

Hi folks!

As I mentioned back in post #3359, we've been monitoring things since the removal of caramels and have some more changes to announce today. The intent behind these changes is to reduce the effectiveness of chocolates and the impact they have on PvE balancing (specifically in relation to bosses, dungeons, etc) without negatively impacting the level 200 push too much.

Chocolates
----------

- Hazelnut chocolates now provide +1 to stats, down from +2.
- Fudge chocolates now provide +1 to celerity, down from +2.
- Fudge chocolates are no longer restricted to chocolate boxes and the artifact cart.
- White chocolates now only provide damage resistance in PvE, and will not reduce PvP damage.
- White chocolates are no longer restricted to chocolate boxes and the artifact cart.
- Almond chocolates are now retired from circulation.
* The almond effect may return in some form in the future, we're discussing possibilities here.
- All existing almond and caramel chocolates have been converted into MINT.
* Message me if you would prefer something other than mints.

Experience Gain
---------------

- Endgame races (Azudim, Idreth, Yeleni) now have a passive 10% bonus to experience gain that is in effect at all times and stacks with all other boosts.
* This should offset most of the impact to the 200 push.
* This does affect level 200 races as well, separately to the innate bonus those races have.

Chalices of Knowledge
---------------------

- Newly obtained chalices will now have 3 sips of the Elixir of Knowledge
- Elixir of Knowledge sips now last 8 hours, down from 24
* This should mitigate the issues with wasting chalice time due to the previous long duration, especially considering the cost of chalices compared to other boosts.
* Any current knowledge buffs will not be affected.

As always, we'll be keeping an eye on the impact here and making further adjustments if necessary.

Enjoy!

Penned by my hand on Tisday, the 15th of Khepary, in the year 504 MA.
Iesid