Announce post #3334: Problematic Behaviour & Some Advice

3/3/2022 at 19:26
Ictinus, the Architect
Everyone
Problematic Behaviour & Some Advice

Hi everyone,

On behalf of the team I'm writing to apologise to those of you who have recently been exposed to manipulative threats of suicide and other ooc-driven harassment from a certain individual with a years-long history of problematic behaviour that started on Achaea and has continued here.

Suicide is an extremely serious matter and I will not tolerate it being used as a weapon to emotionally manipulate people. This is never okay, and I don't want anyone to have to deal with it. I've now dealt with the individual in question and will continue to deal with future offenders should this occur again.

If you or someone you know is experiencing suicidal ideation, please contact a prevention hotline. These show proven results, and a list of them based on country can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_suicide_crisis_lines

If you find yourself in a situation where someone is making these types of threats towards you, please let us know by issuing yourself, and try to keep it subtle. If it happens on Discord, you are welcome to directly ping me and I will handle it.

Beyond that, I would just like to reaffirm again that we have a zero tolerance policy towards hatespeech, harassment, and seconds abuses (particularly when they facilitate the former). IGNORE is your friend. ISSUEs are your friend when ignore fails.

- Ictinus

Penned by my hand on Quensday, the 21st of Severin, in the year 501 MA.
IazamatAxiusTetchtaSibattiWjoltyrReaveTeaniKonnornValorieLinHaelraLegynXaspherRihrinIesidNipsySryaenYviProcyonAloli

Comments

• Thank you for handling this so well. It didn’t affect me directly, but I have been subject to this kind of thing over the years. Nipping it in the bud and offering support, as well as the encouragement for those of us that often struggle with depression to seek help and how, shows an encouraging level of professionalism that is often lost online. 
    TeaniSryaenKonnornAxiusNipsyAloli