Announce post #3324: Dhar/Ivoln Conflict: Some More Details & Clarifications

2/13/2022 at 17:59
Ictinus, the Architect
Everyone
Dhar/Ivoln Conflict: Some More Details & Clarifications

Hi folks,

With the Dhar & Ivoln conflict imminent, I have a few more things to clarify about the mechanics, and a number tweak based on our internal testing.

DEATH ESSENCE
-------------

- 20 essence is gained when killing another player in the conflict zone
- The cap kicks in at 100, which allows you to EXUDE in order to gain the death_infused buff.
- This reduces it by 20, and the buff lasts for 4 minutes, during which you cannot EXUDE again.
- This essentially grants you 1 extra kill on top of the initial cap of 5.
- Dying does not reduce or remove your accumulated essence.

SOULS
------

- Bashing artifacts, chocolates, and similar buffs do not work against the soul denizens.
- Each soul is now worth 1 corrupted essence (for Ivoln) or 1 pure essence (for Dhar), down from 3 in the initial post.
- The goal of 1000 essence per spear stays the same.
- Souls will defend each other so long as they are not at the peak with the spear.
- Souls will shield themselves frequently if they are attacked by 3 or more players.

FOCAL POINTS
-------------

- Focal point empowerment will be announced by a global alert.
- The soul march will begin some minutes after this.
- When the soul march begins, the souls will come from multiple locations, so you will need to spread out.
- Only one point will be active at any one time.
- There will be a minimum gap of several hours between focal point activity, but they are not on a predictable schedule by design.

Good luck!

Penned by my hand on Falsday, the 12th of Niuran, in the year 500 MA.

Comments

• I want to thank the administration for this war design, not because it's perfect, but because I feel like one of my main complaints here, (the mechanical objective bit) was heard. Appreciate it.
    Iesid