Announce post #3284: Proxy War Event Rewards

12/20/2021 at 13:09
Ictinus, the Architect
Everyone
Proxy War Event Rewards

Hi folks!

I am pleased to announce that the outstanding rewards for the Proxy War event have now been completed!

Before I get into the specifics, I want to preface this post with a minor disclaimer that a lot of the original intentions here weren't clear as they were left largely in my predecessor's hands and fell into obscurity in the time since the event was run. As such, we've put these together from the leftover notes (belated thanks to the departed Antehe for her work) and added some new ideas into the mix too.

First among these is a brand new shop located at v64329. There you'll find Khep, the Kobold Merchant, offering a selection of wares that can be purchased for the Ophidian coin currency or for gold. Anyone can purchase items from this shop, but members of the Shadow tether receive a 25% discount.

The wares available include:

* a twisting Ophidian goblet containing a new drink 'a kiss of Artifice'
* a smoking Kobold contraption which works similarly to a game of hot potato
* a Liruma lynx kitten (a minipet)
* a saddled scrubland cow (a mount)
* a rough-cut block of shadow's favour (a crafting material)
* transmute beetles for all six armour types themed around the Kobold habit of tinkering and salvage

Second is the release of three new quests in the Ophidian Empire area. You'll have to find out the details of these yourselves, but as the supporters of the winning side in the event, two of these quests are available only to the Shadow tether, while the third is open to everyone.

Lastly, the Kobold language can now be learned from Prek, the Kobold Chieftain at v64172. Anyone can learn the language, and Shadow tether players can pick it up for half the cost. HELP LINGUISTICS has also been updated to reflect the new addition.

Enjoy!

Penned by my hand on Tisday, the 6th of Lanosian, in the year 499 MA.
NeomaNaos

Comments

• I love that there are 3 new quest and a new language. <3 BUT Prek is non responsive.
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!

RhineIllikaalWyattIesidChurch
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Asking for a friend. Is this all Current Shadow, or do you need like fame lines from being in the war on Shadow's side?
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• Benedicto said:

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

WyattIesidBenedictoReaveNipsyAlelaEaku
  • Toz said:

Benedicto said:

where's the imp faction shop with the rainbow bombs and glitter traps, anyways? i need to retraumatize toz and bulrok
    (Web): Abhorash has joined your web.
    (Web): Abhorash says, "Nerds."
    (Web): Abhorash has left your web.

Alela's Affirmations
  • Tekias said:
    Asking for a friend. Is this all Current Shadow, or do you need like fame lines from being in the war on Shadow's side?
    Appears to be all Shadow. I have no related fame line and get the Bestie discount! 
  • Krep's quest is broken, and breaks even further when someone in the room takes up the quest.

I am fascinated by the fact that we did actually get the proxy war shop out though!

But otherwise I'm maybe slightly mad you put a cow as a mount in the shop. Now Elene has to deal with a menagerie of field animals in her house. >:(
  • IctinusIctinus Producer Administrator, Immortal
    The quest bug(s) should be resolved now.
  • Elene said:

Krep's quest is broken, and breaks even further when someone in the room takes up the quest.

I am fascinated by the fact that we did actually get the proxy war shop out though!

But otherwise I'm maybe slightly mad you put a cow as a mount in the shop. Now Elene has to deal with a menagerie of field animals in her house. >:(

EleneRazmaelReaveXaspherXavin