My Non-Participation

I am unable to participate in most events and wars and etc. My laptop, doesn't work most of the time. I am a poor man, so replacing what needs to be replaced really isn't an option. So, for the most part... I am stuck on phone. All this will hopefully change around Christmas. I keep getting needled about not participating, so here is my explanation. This isn't a complaint about the needling, by all means, keep them coming! 

Occasionally I will get it to work.

I will still RP, but getting slammed mechanically over and over again because I can't keep up(rather than me sucking at combat, I can handle constant death because I suck at combat) isn't very fun 
Macavity

Comments

• NipsyNipsy Setting fire to Aeryx's mine
    For us @Motrec we know how badly you want to participate and join us in many things going on.

Just keep doing you! There will be plenty still after everything settles a bit.
    Macavity
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    @Motrec even if/when you get a PC that works and all, do remember this is a game, and you play it the way you want to play it. Dont let anyone tell you otherwise! Unless you are looking for tips to improve yourself and such of course. Always remember, no one can force you to do anything you do not want to do.

I LOVE the ideas you come with as a character and totally respect the creativity!
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Nipsy
  • I am in the same boat. Here is the thing. You should not be being needled. That is crap. 
    Xavin
  • I will say this and I think it's a good reminder: The only time I can remember us going after Motrec was when he'd shouted and talked smack. If anyone gave you grief over not being able to be involved, I'm sorry, but it's TOTALLY reasonable for characters to see Motrec talking smack and go kill him in the middle of a war.
    SryaenNipsy
  • Rasani said:
    I will say this and I think it's a good reminder: The only time I can remember us going after Motrec was when he'd shouted and talked smack. If anyone gave you grief over not being able to be involved, I'm sorry, but it's TOTALLY reasonable for characters to see Motrec talking smack and go kill him in the middle of a war.
    This reads like a, ‘your RP doesn’t trump my mechanics’ kind of comment. I could be wrong, but if I’m not, I’ve been gone for too damn long. 
    Wjoltyr
  • EliadonEliadon Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    edited December 2021
    Naos said:

This reads like a, ‘your RP doesn’t trump my mechanics’ kind of comment. I could be wrong, but if I’m not, I’ve been gone for too damn long. 
    More like 'talk shit get hit'
    NipsyTetchtaIesid
  • NipsyNipsy Setting fire to Aeryx's mine
    He was informed of the 'talk shit get hit clause' furthering ambitions were of his own volition.
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    Eliadon said:

More like 'talk unicorns get hit'

Talk unicorns, get barleycorns.

• edited December 2021
    Naos said:

Rasani said:

I will say this and I think it's a good reminder: The only time I can remember us going after Motrec was when he'd shouted and talked smack. If anyone gave you grief over not being able to be involved, I'm sorry, but it's TOTALLY reasonable for characters to see Motrec talking smack and go kill him in the middle of a war.

Nah, it's about fairness mostly. It absolutely sucks that people who can't/don't/are too low level to engage are being pulled into it, but it's also unreasonable to see that it's happening to someone else and expect that you're the one person it won't happen to.

Edited to specify I mean specifically when you're talking shit. Shouting isn't automatically grounds to get stabbed, but it likely is if you're shouting insults at the enemy in the middle of a war.
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    Bulrok tried to merc me for my Haven Parody shout, this war has truly gotten out of hand 😩

NipsyValorieAlela
  • I am a non-combatant unless rp ABSOLUTELY demands it. And even then it sucks for me. The speed of information flooding my screen triggers anxiety and stress in a not fun way and I've literally been brought tears as a physical reaction. It sucks more because I would love to have that layer of character development and even take the time to learn some coding about it, but ultimately it's just not for me and not why I play. I'm excited to explore some more rp-heavy combat-flavoured things at the moment to get even a tiny bit of that without sacrificing my own enjoyment.

All of that said, there are SO MANY other facets of the game to explore that you can develop and experience a great deal without really touching the combat stuff, outside of like... guild reqs... if avoiding is what is needed/desired.
  • EliadonEliadon Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Teotl said:
    I am a non-combatant unless rp ABSOLUTELY demands it. And even then it sucks for me. The speed of information flooding my screen triggers anxiety and stress in a not fun way and I've literally been brought tears as a physical reaction. It sucks more because I would love to have that layer of character development and even take the time to learn some coding about it, but ultimately it's just not for me and not why I play. I'm excited to explore some more rp-heavy combat-flavoured things at the moment to get even a tiny bit of that without sacrificing my own enjoyment. All of that said, there are SO MANY other facets of the game to explore that you can develop and experience a great deal without really touching the combat stuff, outside of like... guild reqs... if avoiding is what is needed/desired.
    There are some tools to help mitigate that, ab tunnelvision, config combatmessages gag, gagging some of the lines that aren't strictly needed, etc. Happy to help mitigate that if you need!
    Teotl
  • Eliadon said:

Eliadon said:

There are some tools to help mitigate that, ab tunnelvision, config combatmessages gag, gagging some of the lines that aren't strictly needed, etc. Happy to help mitigate that if you need!
    I will likely employ these so things that pop up around me don't mess me up by surprise during this combat heavy time, thank you!