Announce post #3264: Sermon Milestone Change

11/21/2021 at 3:14
Ictinus, the Architect
Everyone
Sermon Milestone Change

Hi folks,

As of today, we've reduced the reward on the sermon milestone from 2 keys to 1. Normally I'd put this change on the changelog instead of posting, but we've been talking about doing something here for a while and I wanted to explain our reasoning.

I've noticed a pervasive trend lately where sermons are being held only for the milestone reward with almost no roleplay or interaction surrounding them - by making this an optimal way of earning daily credits, I think it cheapens what should be a meaningful activity.

God worship is an extremely rp-centric thing, and I would like to see sermons used more for that purpose than something people feel obligated to do in order to earn their rewards.

Penned by my hand on Gosday, the 5th of Severin, in the year 499 MA.
MjollRhineAlelaIesidFyrren

Comments

• TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Whelp, this falls under the 'I totally get it, but aww damnit' category for me. Good change overall, though.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• 100% agree with change. They seemingly only ever occurred 5 minutes after Howling. Since that is basically "Wjoltyr never gets to play time," I never got to see sermons except in very rare circumstances. Good change.

Also, I have no idea which deity to follow.

>market "WTB: a deity to follow. Send tells with information please!"
    ReaveGalileiEleneRhineTetchta
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Check MTELLS to see who had recently offered to hold a sermon to see who to approach, @Wjoltyr. Also check HELP <city/deity> to find out who is their Cardinal/Order representative for some religion-based RP. :smile:
    Teani would welcome the chance to discuss things, for example. 

Wjoltyr