Announce post #3261: Level 200 Classes: The Future

11/13/2021 at 2:25
Ictinus, the Architect
Everyone
Level 200 Classes: The Future

Hi folks,

I'm writing to lay out our plans for the future of the level 200 system and to explain some of our thinking on the changes we will be making going forward. I mentioned at the first town hall that this was something we wanted to streamline and standardise, and while some time has passed since then, we've put a lot of thought into how best to resolve things.

It obviously goes without saying that reaching level 200 is an incredible achievement, and until now, that achievement has carried with it a uniquely themed class and race combination. The stark reality of the situation is that as more and more people reach this goal (with others catching up behind), it becomes more and more unsustainable to create new classes and races with supporting lore, their own events, and their own skill flavour and themes. With a development cycle as busy as it has been (and will continue to be), we simply cannot leave this option open indefinitely.

With all that in mind, going forward each city will have one level 200 class and race combination that is strictly associated with them (see below for the list and breakdown). The two cities that have thus far not had a citizen reach 200 (Enorian and Spinesreach) will each remain on the table for this option when someone that has been a long-standing member reaches the goal. This person will, as those who came before them did, have a big hand in defining the 200 experience for others in the organisation.

In addition to that, there will be a total of six non-city aligned level 200 race and class combinations. Two of these will represent the two halves of Chaos and thus be restricted by Tether, the other four will be fully neutral options available to everyone. This does mean that existing level 200 race/classes will be made available. The upside of this is that once everything is complete, actually acquiring your race and class will be significantly faster than it is now, without the lengthy wait for a gap in the dev cycle.

The breakdown of how these will be arranged is as follows:

THE CITIES
-----------

Bloodloch: Nocturn
Enorian: To be decided by a longstanding citizen.
Duiran: In progress, defined by Illidan.
Spinesreach: To be decided by a longstanding citizen.

THE CHAOS
---------

Astral Noble
Chaos Lord

THE NEUTRALS
------------

Adherent (you would retain your standard race, not become Ankyrean, but the class would be updated to reflect the God to whom you wish to adhere, pending their approval)
Titan
Neutral option 3: In progress, defined by Valorie.
Neutral option 4: Undecided, to be defined.

We don't yet know what the process of obtaining these will look like once everything is finalised, but I'll have more details on that once we are closer to having everything in place.

Penned by my hand on Kinsday, the 6th of Haernos, in the year 498 MA.
ValorieIllikaalSeurimasEliadonXavinTaiyangNipsyEakuTeani

Comments

• Would be a nice touch to let the first batch of 200s get their own fame line (first to be chaos lord, etc.) and have their name mentioned in the helpfile.
    TaiyangNipsyEakuAlelaHolbrookTeani
  • They already got lines for it. I can't imagine the others are going to not.

• naw, talking about different lines. Everyone should get generic ones for hitting 200, yes. but it'll be nice for these 12 people to get an extra line for being the first to do so (especially since some of them didn't expect their classes to be shared), plus a helpfile mention. in general, it's just for good morale/good game-running practice to let players feel like they could become a notable/get a mention for achieving something significant. also doesn't take much to add in a helpfile line/fame line.
    TeaniXenia