Announce post #3234: Kingslayer Tournament: Rules & Registration

10/9/2021 at 15:02
Ictinus, the Architect
Everyone
Kingslayer Tournament: Rules & Registration

Hi everyone!

In advance of the Kingslayer tournament opening on Monday, I'm opening registrations and I have some details to share!

To register for the tournament, simply type: KINGSLAYER REGISTER from anywhere.

* This will be double elimination, and matches will be best of three.

* You must register before the tournament begins.

* Your matches will be assigned by us using a bracket, but you will have to organise your own times with your opponent to play.

* You don't need to message anyone to let us know the results, we'll be tracking them all!

* You are expected to play your match ups in a timely manner where possible so that we can keep things moving efficiently.

* When everyone has played out the first round we'll assign your next match ups, and so on until there's a winner!

* Reminder: Kingslayer matches last until six or more points have been accumulated. You will need to score six or more points twice against your opponent to advance into the next round.

* Good sportsmanship is expected; anyone deliberately stalling out matches or avoiding games will be disqualified.

Registrations will remain open for the next 36 hours, closing a short while before the tournament begins on EVENTS. I've pushed the start back a little to allow more time to sign up.

Let me know if you have questions!

Penned by my hand on Falsday, the 25th of Ios, in the year 498 MA.

Comments

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    ok ok ok, but where in the bloody hell is this Bok at to even buy a deck?!?!? oiy
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited October 2021
    He's in the Drakt village in northern Scidve, I believe.

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    yeah still cant find him, been all over that area looking at everything, WHILE things attack me, thank you... I do not understand how one can partake in an event when we cant even seem to be able to find the materials needed to play. @Ictinus ??
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Mjoll
  • IctinusIctinus Producer Administrator, Immortal
    I've added the vnum of Bok's shop to HELP KINGSLAYER now (v68864). Sorry about that!
    Macavity
  • I shall be prepared to send my competition to the shadow realm.
    Iesid
  • edited October 2021
    Some questions about the Kingslayer Tournament before I sign up:

- Since it looks like the Tournament is an "on your own time" king of thing, does it mean that you have the whole 7 days to seek out your opponent to play?

- What if the opponent who registered and you're paired with never turns up?

• IctinusIctinus Producer Administrator, Immortal
    Since you'll need to play multiple matches to get to the end, ideally you'd find your opponent to play within a day or two, but I didn't want to impose a hard limit because of timezones.

"* You are expected to play your match ups in a timely manner where possible so that we can keep things moving efficiently."

If you get an impossible pairing let me know and I'll do my best to resolve it.
    MacavityIesid