9/13/2021 at 5:29
Ictinus, the Architect
Family Roleplay, Titles, and Seconds
We've had a couple of questions come up recently on the subject of family / heritage roleplay, and I would like to clarify the following:
- Wearing the title of a noble house such as those of Djeir is allowed, with some caveats:
- Unless officially sanctioned, no one is obligated to recognise or accept this claim, and others may dispute it in character if they wish.
- This includes admin-driven roleplay: NPCs or other admin-driven characters are very likely to dispute these claims if they are raised in an appropriate in character context.
- Claiming to be a direct descendant of a royal line or claims of other disprovable heritage are not appropriate.
- It is never appropriate to have multiple characters as part of the same family.
- Referring to other characters as family members, or involving them in another character's roleplay at all is in breach of HELP SECONDS.
- HELP SECONDS has been updated to reflect this.
Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about this!
Penned by my hand on Gosday, the 16th of Lanosian, in the year 497 MA.