Announce post #3196: Room Credits

7/14/2021 at 20:26
Tiur, the Gnosis
Everyone
Room Credits

The time has come.

Rooms in castles are now built with roomcredits.

BUILDING ROOMCREDITS
- See how many you have.

BUILDING ROOMCREDITS BUY <#>
- Purchase room credits with stone. 2:1.

The milestone wares shop has been updated to sell roomcredits for platinum keystones. 1:1.

-T

PS I -told- you all there was a reason for platinum keystones.

Penned by my hand on Quensday, the 4th of Midsummer, in the year 496 MA.
AyastiaLinTetchtaAolinDrystin

Comments

• TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    edited July 2021
    So, like, YAY! Stone no longer! I'm a little...confused about why it's a separate currency though? Are there plans to make it possible to buy roomcredits with regular credits or something at some point? Buy room credits with unbounds maybe? Just curious!

Still better than stone, though! By a lot!

• TiurTiur Producer
    Not sure. It is being discussed and debated. I still just really like the feel of big houses being a sign of big ingame effort.
    TetchtaDrystinSaltzSeurimasIesid
    So! My two cents:

I get why it's a separate currency, it was probably the only way to transfer stone into something else without making it, like, possible to buy artifacts by trading in stone. Totally get that! I do think there should be some way to get them other than platinum keystones, though. YMMV on what you think that should be, or what anybody might think that should be (gold, credits [bound/unbound]). But since there's a lot of ways to play the game, and milestones are largely one type of gamified way of playing, I think it'd be nice to be inclusive of other styles of play when it comes to room currency access.

Jhin
  • Tetchta said:
    So! My two cents: I get why it's a separate currency, it was probably the only way to transfer stone into something else without making it, like, possible to buy artifacts by trading in stone. Totally get that! I do think there should be some way to get them other than platinum keystones, though. YMMV on what you think that should be, or what anybody might think that should be (gold, credits [bound/unbound]). But since there's a lot of ways to play the game, and milestones are largely one type of gamified way of playing, I think it'd be nice to be inclusive of other styles of play when it comes to room currency access.
    Now that you mention it, it could make sense for sect points to transfer to room credits. Platinum keystone is one way to participate sect is another perhaps?
  • edited July 2021
    Thank you!

Honestly maybe I am not looking grand scheme, but I like this. You can use stone you already have or get to get rooms without having to be locked down by players over inflating the price. If other methods come out, cool. 

May I suggest, @Tiur, making room creditst ransferable? For instance if Aya's wife gets some that way she can help with the building like she was able to with stone? If not, my heart isn't broken. 
  • People can still help with building by buying stone and giving them to you so you can convert those to room credits. 
  • Elene said:
    People can still help with building by buying stone and giving them to you so you can convert those to room credits. 
    That just puts them back in the same problem though of people hoarding stone and selling at a ridiculous markup. Do not mistake me. I am very appreciative of this change and if nothing else happens I will be happy, but it only fixes the problem for the owners. When a house ic belongs to more than one person... For instance, Zareen deposited a good chunk of the 600 credits we put together for the house. 
  • I think the issue with using plats for room credits is that they are BOUND credits, which are individual use. Artifact gifts require unbound credits/iron coins. So to let people buy room credits for others would require the usage of purchased credits and we return to the original idea behind using plats.

I am sympathetic in someone else investing into a house, but that has been the nature of housing since forever and why houses do not have a retire value and are not refundable. They are a blackhole of value.
  • Yeah I get that. But maybe a good alternative is to do something like shops. Shop allies/house ally which would be the spouse(s) of the owner. It would add value to the mechanical system of marriage since it is rather expensive to end. Makes them a secondary owner for instance, not as many privs but can add rooms/descrips. Then make a house cache. That way you can't buy them but the two can come together to work on the house together. 
    KonnornValorie
    Giving IC spouses mechanical authority over a player's paid-for house seems like a good way to make sure none of my characters ever get married lol. That said I could have sworn it was already possible to give someone the ability to change a house?

Ayastia
  • If you want the ability to pool resources, you have to look into organizational buildings. Castles can be purchased for an organization (like a clan) and then everyone can pool their resources and at that point things cost either credits or gold rather than stone. These CAN be built in the wilderness, but I know they have a more robust approval process than those built in cities.

Stone/room credits are specifically for individual player housing.
    edited July 2021
    Saidenn said:

Castles can be purchased for an organization (like a clan)

BZZZZZZZZZZZT, incorrect. I've been told in no uncertain terms that this is not something Aetolia provides at present. All current buildings for any orgs that aren't guilds are legacies. I can dig up the message but it'd take me time. I do wish it were the case tho!

edit: crap I think I deleted the message and would have to dig through logs to find it

edit the second: found it!

Message #1033 Sent By: Tiur Received On: 11/23/2020/18:14
    "Orgs can't really own things."

You sent the following message to Tiur:
    They can't? There are clan-owned buildings all over.

You sent the following message to Tiur:
    "This building belongs to the Clan of House Ve'kahi." How does that happen?

Message #1037 Sent By: Tiur Received On: 11/23/2020/18:18
    "That was a House that became a clan when we got rid of houses."

So, yeah, as far as I know, new org buildings aren't a thing anymore.

Saidenn
  • edited July 2021
    Tetchta said:
    Giving IC spouses mechanical authority over a player's paid-for house seems like a good way to make sure none of my characters ever get married lol. That said I could have sworn it was already possible to give someone the ability to change a house?
    Lol I do not mean full authority. Like locks and keys definitely out. But I have seen plenty of unfinished housing because the owner went torpor. Or hell, make it permission based like shop discounts. (Secondary owner may: Add/remove rooms, change description and room titles, deposit/withdraw house cache, make copies of keys. Or if you don't want them to have that much access, Secondary owner may: Deposit into house cache)
    AolinValorieTetchta
    Yeah I'm into revokable/beqeathable housing permissions. I actually thought they already existed but I never found documentation so I must've just made it up in my head haha