New show, the successor to the podcast

Comments

• WyattWyatt PoolsImmortal
    I don't get the chance to listen live every week, but I have listened to every one with the new format so far.

I don't want to incentivize pitching things to the pools directly via this medium, but I am personally listening to all of the ideas, suggestions and discussion that happens. If I hear a great idea, I will 100% run it up the ladder to paid staff and say, "Hey, the players suggested X, how do we feel about implementing something like that?"

Sometimes what I think is a great idea turns out not to be, for any one of a variety of reasons, but there have been multiple weeks now where I've taken feedback that was expressed or suggestions given and started a discourse on it. I love finding ways to make the game more enjoyable regardless of the aspect - bashing, crafting, questing, events, etc. - and will happily work with different people to see what we can do.

I would agree with other commenters that having a more rigid or streamlined set of topics and sticking to those topics would go a long way.
    AeryxRhyotElene
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    I actually enjoyed being on the show despite not being an active player, but it was really nice to be able to talk about an aspect of the game I really loved throughout my playing time.

For the record, we did have a set list of topics to talk about, and we had budgeted time to talk about each one (roughly 30 mins), but it was far too easy to get carried away talking about stuff, and we ended going over the time we had intended. We tried to transition between the topics as best as we could. I'm not normally a super chatty person, so it was kind of surprising at how easy it was to just blab at length. Sorry about that! 
  • AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    Impromptu stream to talk about the crazy events of the day! Lets get into it!

Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
    The Youtube vod of the impromptu stream today is here, and we end up having a surprise guest near the end!

SeurimasLinRhine
    I'd like to go ahead and officially state here, as I did in the Discord a bit ago, that @Ictinus is committed to also coming on the Weekly Milestone show this coming Saturday at 3 PM as well. Due to the fact that he's already doing those big Town Halls in game the day before, and the day after, and those will be a lot of Aetolia related questions and answers, I thought we'd mix it up for the stream and try to ask him about himself, what his history as a player was, what classes he enjoys, what he likes to do outside of IRE games, etc etc. I think it's important to remember that the paid staff are in fact humans, and not robots(Well maybe @Razmael is, according to the Iron Realms About Us Page), and I think it'll be fun to get to know this new, and clearly super important figure in our game community here. So, look forward to it. Also look forward to Classlead talk, and a bunch of other topics we have planned! Lets go!
    ObaLin
    I've talked about it a little bit on Discord today, but for anyone who uses this and not that, we will be delaying today's stream by an hour or two. It is my birthday today and my real life friends have decided to surprise me with lunch, and I want to do that with them and also not rush it.

We will do the stream, Ictinus is still on and said its okay to do it later, and I just hope the rest of the crew can still make it. I hope you all have a good Saturday and thanks for understanding!
    Okay, I made it back home, and we're live now. Starting in about 12-15 mins! But we're live now at the starting soon screen!

Youtube VOD for yesterday's stream!

• I missed the stream last night but yay for those answers! I like fantasy myself and I absolutely love history. I have a fondness towards Henry VIII myself, but really.. I love all kind history. I would love to visit the British museum in London some day. And the Tower of London. Never been to London.. it's on my bucket list.
    AeryxRhine
    edited August 2021
    Went ahead and went live a little earlier than usual, still starting at 3 PM EST though! Come hang out if you wanna with me in chat and listen to the DMCA free music! :tongue:
    Youtube VOD for this week's show! Enjoy!

We're live. We have @Teani on today, and maybe @Sryaen when he wakes up! Lots of stuff to talk about today from all the events, to the mortal builders applications, sanction system, and more!

Youtube VOD of today's stream!

Something like six or seven things to talk about this crazy week! We're live! Starting at the top of the hour!

Sorry this link is late, I've been busy quite a bit since the end of the stream. I started the uploading process about 8 hours before this post, and Youtube still hasn't finished the 1080p version as of this post, but the 720p is up and what have you at this link. Also note, this is the second week now we have Timestamps/Timecodes in the video description so you can skip the music part. Also shows up as chapters in the video progress bar.

• Been listening on my very long drives. Fun to hear different opinions. 

Here's a question to ponder for the next week's show: 

Is the Syndicate of Gorshire evil? 

Evidence for: No gnomes worked the mine in Lodi. Dorven and Sleff were humans, Kortine a dwarf. Crazy tso'laa was... A tso'laa. No suvivors. No rescue attempt made by the gnomes that I can tell of, further lending credence to this notion.

Evidence against: None.

Now, clearly this is the mining event releaser, which is cool and all. But let's stop pretending these gnomes are nice people. They're bloodthirsty, profit-driven maniacs that murdered four innocent, generous folk. This is a hostile takeover of Lodi, which was never Gnomish to begin with. Time to evacuate Blaan and Braan before the little ankle biters go after the wool production of the valley!
    AeryxReaveOba
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Wjoltyr said:

Gnome conspiracy theory

We already know that Crafting gnomes are a shady bunch, so...

Aeryx
    We're live for the week, come on in! Just me and Sryaen again this week, but we have so much to talk about, obviously!

Youtube VOD for this week! Timecodes in the description to skip the music!

Rasani, Teani, and Rihrin in the house with me! We're live, lets go!

This was a truly fun episode, and I really enjoyed all the guests, and chat, and everything else. Hope you all enjoy too.

We're live for the week, starting at top of the hour as always! Me and Phoenecia, and we talk about all the news of the week!

Youtube VOD for the week!

We talk about Starfall, Great Hunt, and lots more! Isia and Aloli on for the first time! Teani returns! We got Affiliate, and more about that! Lets go!

Teani
    Youtube VOD for the week! Was a great one!

Oba
    Today we start out by doing the live commentary of the Iron Epicurean event which starts when our show does! After it ends, we'll have a whole giant stream of classlead talk, and if we have more time, we will discuss some of the other things of the past week like the History Quiz, Great Hunt results, and more! Bulrok, Iesid, Eaku, Saidenn, and myself!

Weekly stream is up! Lets go! Earthcallers, Battlefields, and a ton of other stuff from the week! Eaku, Rasani, Teani and myself!

We're live for the week! We talk about Haunted House, Battlefields, Oneiromancers, classleads and more! Bulrok and Iesid join me initially, and maybe Rasani later on!

edited November 2021
    I apologize for not posting this sooner. I decided to not do an episode of the stream today. The reasons were that noone was available to do it with me, and I figured going through the topics by myself would be both short and boring for everyone to watch. Also at the same time we usually start the preamble event was still happening. It just so happens I'm off work the next two days in a row, so as long as everything lines up we're going to try and do a show two days from now on Monday, with Sryaen making his return. Then hopefully the following Saturday we will be back on track. Thanks!
    TeaniDourif
    Special crazy Weekly Milestone Monday Edition is life! Teani and me start, and hopefully Rasani will be along! Lets talk about October, November, the recent event, and the Artisanal and Bardics!

Seurimas