Announce post #3189: June Promotion Try #3

6/1/2021 at 2:18
Tiur, the Gnosis
Everyone
June Promotion Try #3

Well, I had a promotion planned. It was a good promotion. But my notes are gone. Who the hell steals an OOC Producer's notes off of his IC saltblock desk and replaces them with IC notes for the OOC promotion? Whatever, I don't want to do this over again, so I'm just going with it. Aetolia is a strange place sometimes.

This month, we bring you Kryptic Kontainers [sic]!

Check aetolia.com/credits to purchase things from promotions chosen via a super secret method (Tiur: I think they're lying and it's random) from all sorts of different promotions. Iron Bank keys, giftbags, crates, all sorts of weird things! Here's hoping someone kept those helpfiles up to date so they all make sense.

The Promotions:

I've gone ahead and heavily edited what I found here... some of it didn't make a great deal of sense! No, I will not, as a promo, sell a "Token to Resurrect a God, c'mon Tiur, do it. DO IT". Though I did allow some old strange things through.

Things on https://www.aetolia.com/credits
-----------------------------------------
Venantium Vial Set 5x Venantium Vials that hold 110 sips each.
Adventurer's Travel Pack 3x vials, 3x pipes, and 1x wyrmskin pack.
Bureaucrat's Bundle 3x Medals of Meritorious Bureaucracy.
1 Crpytic Chest HELP CRYPTIC CHESTS
1 Skull Token HELP WHEEL OF FATES
50 Cryptic Chests
25 Skull Tokens
5 Venantium Crowbars HELP CRATES, HELP RELIC COLLECTIONS
10 Crates of Relic Collection XVIII (pretty much everything, + environment fragments)
15 Pots of Gold HELP POTS OF GOLD
10 Elemental Coffers HELP ELEMENTAL COFFERS
5 Iron Bank Vault Keys HELP IRON BANK
50 Iron Bank Vault Keys

EXTRA THINGS
------------

Every 25 credits purchased will give 1 giftbag! (Tiur: But no bonus bags, aww)

Also there is a 17% credit sale! (Tiur: 17? WHY)

THURSDAYS IN JUNE ARE DOUBLE XP!

------------

New Items! Each promotion has some of these items in them. (Tiur: I'll try to make it make sense, but coffers won't have them)

Niuri Stones - LOOKUP NIURISTONES
------------
These odd little stones possess some color and are worn in a new slot "orbiting the head". Amaze your friends as a skyblue3 crystal orbits you. Why? Because.

All transferable powers transfer TO (not from) a Niuri stone for free.

TAP <stone1> AGAINST <stone2> - destroy stone1 and transfer the color to stone2. The source stone may not have any powers on it.

Each stone will have a set color for the month. This month's color is the aforementioned skyblue3. Colors will not repeat unless Tiur screws it up (Tiur: RUDE).

PRESS <stone> AGAINST <stone2> - destroy the source stone and make a new color for stone2. The new color will be based on the stones mixed according to a formula we won't tell you. The source stone may not have any powers on it.

PROBE STONE - find the color name of the color the stone currently has.

PROMO TRADEIN <stone> - destroy the stone and get 35 bound credits. Again, must not have any powers currently on it.

Note that when Pressing or Tapping, only the destroyed stone must bear your mark. So you may accept someone else's stone and change its color using one you own. BE CAREFUL WHO YOU LEND YOUR STONES TO.
-------------

MINIPETS
--------
a direhop bloatfish - Aquatic

-K

PS That should be -T, but whatever, this is giving me a headache. Talk in msgs or in the forums about a refresh. I didn't intend one, but I wouldn't be surprised to see one on my desk.

Penned by my hand on Gosday, the 17th of Lleian, in the year 495 MA.

Comments

• Wish list for the refresh, even though I know is unlikely:

1. Direct salvage.
    2. Direct salvage.
    3. Direct salvage.

:smile:
    MoxieDemarcus
  • AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    Good lord almighty this post is confusing. Has the stresses of running Aetolia finally broken Tiur? Has he been shattered into so many pieces that they're going to start selling him as relic pieces? Why 17%?! What is going on here?
    Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
    Lin
  • edited June 2021
    New Items! Each promotion has some of these items in them. (Tiur: I'll try to make it make sense, but coffers won't have them)

What are the drop rates for these new items in each promo item? Iron Vault is easy, but what about the others? I know most promo drops are credit-weighted in some way, so do they have a nominal value of 35 credits?

All transferable powers transfer TO (not from) a Niuri stone for free.

Are transfers from a Niuri stone to a Niuri stone free? Or still have a cost? What's the slot wear limit on "orbiting the head"?

Also, are non-powered Niuri stones in any way tradeable besides maybe loaning out for the color swapping?

Also also, LOOKUP NIURISTONES fails, but LOOKUP NIURISTONE works.
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
  • TiurTiur Producer
    This was just a fun idea to follow events in game. Whatever the K cult is, I blame them.

Powers transfer to Niuri stones for free. A power is not free to take off of a Niuri stone.

I'm not going to do drop rate explanations for them all, much like everything else. Their value is 35cr, obviously, so those are the sorts of slots they fill in.

Niuri Stones are not tradeable, other than for sharing colors around. The orbiting slot allows 1 item. I might do more if people seem super excited.

Seurimas
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    So, if I understand this, some sort of in game events which involve chaos or perhaps specifically Khepri... The spectre of Khepri? I don't know... At any rate, introduced Krazy Kontamination into Tiur's producer notes and we have this word soup of a promotion?

I have feelings about this. Part of me is happy to see a variety of fun stuff to get. Part of me is sad to not have direct salvage. Part of me is really confused why there is this attempted crossover of IC stuff to OOC promotions. Because I have no idea what is going on ICly. Gonna have to figure out what I'm gonna get from this promo... 
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I usually theme promotions when there are events going on. This just seemed fun. It lets me use promotion bits that maybe didn't do so well on their own, too.

Direct salvage... blech. I mean, if you guys really want, I suppose maybe July.
    DemarcusFyrrenIesidGavramelIllikaalAxiusJunFeirenz
    Tiur said:
    I usually theme promotions when there are events going on. This just seemed fun. It lets me use promotion bits that maybe didn't do so well on their own, too. Direct salvage... blech. I mean, if you guys really want, I suppose maybe July.
    Tiur, you know I provide honest and calculated feedback on promotions. This one is an awful lot to crunch and it's overall great simply because it's different and offers a lot of choices. 2300 on a Memorial Day after collecting nearly 26,000 steps is probably the worst time for me to comprehend what the heck your post actually meant. It's growing on me though, as I get coffee... Kudos.
  • Niuri stones are a fun new cosmetic item, and I'm still trying to figure out how to get my hands on one. Do cryptic chests fused from pieces have a chance of dropping them during this promotion?
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
  • Tiur said:
    I usually theme promotions when there are events going on. This just seemed fun. It lets me use promotion bits that maybe didn't do so well on their own, too. Direct salvage... blech. I mean, if you guys really want, I suppose maybe July.
    nothing would make me invest faster than direct salvage, personally. I ended up buying credits on two characters last time. I regret not buying more. 

I feel like you wanted to make this month fun and on theme. Consider that a success. However, the nature of the post makes it difficult to even understand what NiuriStones are even for...?
    Eoros
  • Niuri stones are just a magical cosmetic item that you can put arti powers on. The post makes it seem like they have colors that will be unique going forward, making them collectible.
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    Iesid
  • TiurTiur Producer
    @Mjoll has it! I've got plans for small powers on them added from sacrificing boring ones. Nothing combat oriented, but extra skins, emotes, etc. And everyone seems to like making a Super Artifact where they put all their powers on a single thing, so I thought to make it somewhat cheaper and enabled.

All cryptic chests should have a chance, so fused ones count.
    SeurimasMoxieGavramel
    Convenient that this magical way to potentially reduce the number of items in the game magically appeared! I'm definitely excited for them. 
  • Tiur said:

everyone seems to like making a Super Artifact where they put all their powers on a single thing

I used to do this, but now I just want to have my clothes not disappear without me realizing.
    (Web): Abhorash has joined your web.
    (Web): Abhorash says, "Nerds."
    (Web): Abhorash has left your web.

Alela's Affirmations
    DemarcusNaosRhyot
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Customization artifacts for the WIIIIIIIN!!!!!

Alela
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited June 2021
    Time to spread my artifacts over, I dunno, 6 seems like a nice round number. I'll get them in an array of colors, and perhaps put artifact powers of certain types corresponding to the colors.

Once i'm done i'll celebrate by going to a poetry club.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Demarcus said:

Convenient that this magical way to potentially reduce the number of items in the game magically appeared! I'm definitely excited for them. 

Didn't even think of that. This has been in the hopper for a long time, and the stones have changed uses a TON. Originally they were going to be a single slot artifact that gave +1 to a stat. And then Keroc sat me down and explained how bad that would be for combat. So, they got shelved.
  • Elemental Coffers hate me.
    Aeryx
  • Tiur said:

Direct salvage... blech. I mean, if you guys really want, I suppose maybe July.

my hype is rapidly intensifying