The retired soldier and The Dourif.

//Context: Dourif at a bar with a drunken retired soldier when Fyrren walks in and sees..
//Note: Dourif is playing from his iPhone during all this.

A warped and sodden bar.
--- Area 88: Bloodloch ---- v4512 ---

[B]
|
[ ]-[ ]-[+]
|
[B]-[ ]-[$]-[ ]
/ | \
[ ] [s] [ ]
/ \
[$]-[ ]-[$]- - -[$]-[ ]-[$]
| |
[$]-[ ]-[$]- - -[$]-[ ]-[$]
| |
-------------- -1:23:0 --------------
Hafydus the minotaur barkeep stands with meaty arms crossed over his broad chest. Cracked in half, the destroyed wreckage of a beautifully carved chess board is here. A retired soldier from the Bloodloch army sits here, drunk. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A small leather sack has been left on the ground. A glowing red flame-shaped sigil has been left here. Resting on the ground is a cube-shaped silver sigil. The Dourif is here. He wields a small codex in his left hand and a spiked kite shield in his right. You see a sign here instructing you that WARES is the command to see what is for sale.
You see a single exit leading west.
[HINT]: A retired soldier seems particularly alert.

Dourif pats a retired soldier in a friendly manner.

You incline your head politely to those around you.

Dourif tips a hood of elusion respectfully to you.

You pay 20 gold sovereigns and receive an opaque shot glass.

You give an opaque shot glass to Dourif.

You say to Dourif, "Here's to the near future."

The Dourif says to a retired soldier, "Here i was thinking we were just starting to get along? You do not wish to share a drink with The Dourif?"

A retired soldier sighs before downing a whiskey.

You have emoted: Fyrren raises an opaque shot glass in Dourif's direction.

The Dourif says to you, "Mind buying this grumpy old bastard one?"

Comprehension flashes across your face.

You say, "Sure."

Dourif nods his head emphatically.

You give an opaque shot glass to a retired soldier.

The Dourif says, "He needs it more than i."

Broken hearted from various military campaigns, this Bloodloch soldier drinks away his worries and woes nightly.
A retired soldier looks weak and feeble.

"The Dourif," a retired soldier considers the words. Suddenly, a hearty guffaw erupts from him. Then another, and another, the man nearly doubling over from laughter. "Sounds...like...The...Doofus," he manages between the laughs.

Dourif covers his mouth with his hand to hide a grin, but fails to hide the amused twinkle in his eyes.

"Heh heh heh," you chuckle.

"Ah, you ain't half bad, The Doofus," a retired soldier finally warms up a bit to Dourif, clapping him on the back. He downs the offered drink in a single gulp, tossing the empty shot glass carelessly over his shoulder.

Dourif raises an eyebrow at a glass of neverending eggnog.

You drink the last drops from an opaque shot glass with traces of tequila, the cactus lingering with a somewhat woody, cask-aged aftertaste.

The Dourif says, "Not that one."

Dourif drinks the last drops from an opaque shot glass with traces of tequila.

Comprehension flashes across Dourif's face.

You pay 60 gold sovereigns and receive a hollowed-out skull.

The Dourif says to a retired soldier, "Though your insults and honesty do enlighten me Soldier. How about a good War story?"

A retired soldier nods at the request, face turning deathly serious as he begins his tale. "Once upon a time - and these were the olden days, mind you, where blades and might meant something..."

A retired soldier turns a serious stare first to Dourif, then to you, before continuing. "A great behemoth of a beast plagued these caverns, causing trouble beyond reckoning. Aye, a fierce opponent, the likes of which had never been seen before."

Dourif tilts his head and listens intently to a retired soldier.

"The city tried but failed to conquer this beast - we lost many good men those days," a retired soldier continues, bowing his head in homage to the fallen.

You have emoted: Fyrren raises his glass of beer, "To the glorious fallen."

You drink from a hollowed-out skull of bitter dark beer, malty and bitter on the tongue.

The Dourif says, "To the fallen."

Dourif buys a hollowed-out skull.

A hefty sigh, as a retired soldier takes a moment to collect himself. Then he continues. "When all hope seemed lost, in desperation, I set out to slay the beast."

"500 pounds of pure mass, fierce as all else, with breath that stank of fire," a retired soldier recalls to them. "It was a fierce, ferocious struggle, but I managed to mount the beast and conquer it."

Slowly, a shit-eating grin spreads across a retired soldier's face. "And that, my friends, is the story of when I faced The Doofus' mother."

You exclaim "Hah!" in a triumphant voice.

You say, "I saw that coming."

Dourif gives a hollowed-out skull to a retired soldier.

You give a hollowed-out skull to a retired soldier.

The Dourif says, "For your comedy soldier."

A retired soldier pats Dourif in a friendly manner.

The Dourif says, "Although I should beat your drunken arse to a pulp, we shall stick to a drink instead."

A retired soldier raises the skull in a 'cheers', winking at each of you before downing the entire thing. "Ahh, you lot are alright. You'll be the first I warn should the beast return."

The Dourif says to a retired soldier, "You are welcome to the old bitch should she."

The corners of Dourif's mouth turn up as he grins mischievously.

A retired soldier winks knowingly at Dourif.

You say, "Five hundred pounds of beast."

A retired soldier sighs before downing a whiskey.

With a last wave to the both of you, a retired soldier stumbles back to the bar, returning to his 'important' business.

A retired soldier's attention drifts, returning to their usual tasks.
You say to Dourif, "What a guy. This is why I joined Bloodloch."

Dourif nods his head at you.
Avatar of Fyrren drawn by the amazing Sessizlik.
SryaenAlelaBenedictoMairaEleneValorie