Announce post #3182: Shamans

4/28/2021 at 4:13
Keroc, the Starborn
Everyone
Shamans

Just trying out some changes for Shaman here. I don't really consider this the final version, but we need to get the ball rolling somewhere so we all stop looking at each other dimly about what to do.

Some notes:
- I may tweak the conditions on Reclamation some more. I'm not 100% certain how much I like it as is, but we'll see.
- I still need to work on changing Ice fetish, but I'm leaving it open for now.

Hopefully some of you guys will give it a test and let me know how it goes. Send me logs! I've also barred Shaman from Sect in the mean time just until things look stable.

Primality
============================
- Reclamation reworked:
* No longer a channel.
* Now requires 5 phobia afflictions and premonition in order to kill someone.
* Afflictions considered phobias are fear, agoraphobia, claustrophobia, vertigo, loneliness, shyness, paranoia, and superstition.
* The actual kill has a slight delay to it, but it will disable the target during it.
- Vinelash is no longer blocked from using the curare venom.
- Lightning can no longer be used to target yourself.

Shamanism
============================
- New Skill: Divulgence.
* Providing the target has three mental afflictions, you can afflict them with a phobia of choice.
* Additionally drains a little bit of mana from the target.
- Omen damage is no longer increased by spiritbane, instead it is now increased by paranoia.
- Stormtouched is now a curable affliction that can be cured with the panacea pill.
- Feather fetish activation delay is now 3 seconds, down from 5.

Penned by my hand on Gosday, the 13th of Haernos, in the year 494 MA.
Czcienn

Comments

• edited April 2021
    Will the premonition be attuned to a specific shaman so that every shaman who shows up in a group can't trigger reclamation off of the conditionals? What is the thought process behind moving omen damage increase to a non-shaman specific affliction?

I think the changes are interesting and I appreciate the idea of looking at it via 1v1 for moving into an interesting momentum kill (sort of reminds of Archivist), but I will say that I'm not exactly the happiest seeing yet another finisher with conditionals easily applied by multiple classes added. If premonition is attuned to a specific shaman, however, that alleviates some of its concern in a group setting.

Edit: To add, the reason I have concern in group setting is: Abundance of impatience on demand (Luminary and Sentinel), the access to the phobias needed by Shaman (both classes again), and if premonition is not attuned to a specific shaman, that means we are in the boat we are with Sentinel: Bring many, as one can give the heartflutter while the other spinecuts.
    Drystin
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited April 2021
    Saidenn said:

Will the premonition be attuned to a specific shaman so that every shaman who shows up in a group can't trigger reclamation off of the conditionals? What is the thought process behind moving omen damage increase to a non-shaman specific affliction?

I think the changes are interesting and I appreciate the idea of looking at it via 1v1 for moving into an interesting momentum kill (sort of reminds of Archivist), but I will say that I'm not exactly the happiest seeing yet another finisher with conditionals easily applied by multiple classes added. If premonition is attuned to a specific shaman, however, that alleviates some of its concern in a group setting.

Edit: To add, the reason I have concern in group setting is: Abundance of impatience on demand (Luminary and Sentinel), the access to the phobias needed by Shaman (both classes again), and if premonition is not attuned to a specific shaman, that means we are in the boat we are with Sentinel: Bring many, as one can give the heartflutter while the other spinecuts.

As I explained in the discord, I do not believe it'll be that big of a deal because of the unusual setup required to do it. That's 5 phobias + premonition, which means if a group is pushing for those you are likely not being venomlocked or hindered in any meaningful way, which leads to a bunch of counterplay to help you avoid it.

Edit: Now that I think about it, it's even more counterable if people actually play support on the target. Syssin using that new ability that wipes a mental every 5 + fool sounds like it could deter this pretty easily, especially since the target wouldn't be getting hindered in theory.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    IesidHavenDrystin
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Group combat is wildly broken and unbalanced.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    BorminchiaRhyotDrystinAlela
    The vines corkscrew around Valorie's limbs, digging in painfully as she squirms in terror. The
    slender tips of the creeping plants pierce through her skin at points along the major veins in the
    wrists, neck and legs as they continue their parasitic spread throughout her body. Finally, the
    vines burst forth from her mouth and gut in a grisly display, the tearing of skin and muscle and
    cracking of bones audible. She produces a thick and sickly gurgle just prior to losing
    consciousness, her body slumping downward.

Didn't there used to be a bit at the end where this beautiful flower blooms from their corpse? That was a nice touch and I'd love to see it in reclamations.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    LinSibatti
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    There was, yeah. I cut it out because the death message was already pretty long after combining things together.
    Keroc said:

There was, yeah. I cut it out because the death message was already pretty long after combining things together.

Sir. I need my giant flower sprouting out of their mouth and breaking their neck or chest please. It's WAY too iconic to pass up!
    LinSibatti
  • RijettaRijetta Nowhere Important
    Illidan said:

Saidenn said:

As I explained in the discord, I do not believe it'll be that big of a deal because of the unusual setup required to do it. That's 5 phobias + premonition, which means if a group is pushing for those you are likely not being venomlocked or hindered in any meaningful way, which leads to a bunch of counterplay to help you avoid it.

Edit: Now that I think about it, it's even more counterable if people actually play support on the target. Syssin using that new ability that wipes a mental every 5 + fool sounds like it could deter this pretty easily, especially since the target wouldn't be getting hindered in theory.
    Sorry - I agree with you that support moves need to be utilized, but I don't think needing TWO support moves used on one person to survive the onslaught of Spirit instas is a valid answer. If this becomes Spinecut 2, it's a problem. Moreover, it's a little disappointing to see a class with a functional and interesting kill route (omen) get, in my eyes, demoted to a conditional insta.
    A low, sultry voice resounds within the depths of your mind, "I look forward to seeing your descent."
  • What's the updated panacea cure order?
    DrystinAlela
  • Mazzion said:

What's the updated panacea cure order?

Testing shows the order is: stormtouched, then patterns, then shaderot.
    (Web): Abhorash has joined your web.
    (Web): Abhorash says, "Nerds."
    (Web): Abhorash has left your web.

Alela's Affirmations
    DrystinBenedictoMazzion