Yet another goodbye post

TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
edited April 2021 in OOC Chat
Coming so short after Nisavi's post, seems a bit silly, but I realized I can't play this game anymore. My reasons are similar to Nisa's, but different at the same time. I've had a lot of positive experiences with this game, especially when I first came back, but things slowly soured. A handful of negative OOC interactions didn't help, but honestly the reasons don't matter that much. The game isn't fun for me anymore, and I don't see that changing any time soon. And, if I can be frank, I want to be treated better than this game and its community seems capable of treating me. The benefit of the doubt and respect seems to be a one way street where it's expected of you, but not given to you in return. I've done things I've thought might help and change the game for the better, but at the end of the day I've gotta just accept that it's not for me.

I love a lot of things about this game. Before most of my favorite roleplayers got chased into retirement by OOC toxicity, I loved building and exploring my character. I love coding dumb stuff for MUDlet. But this game isn't good for me, and it's reached a point where I can't keep expecting things to change in that regard. And trust me, I know my particular communication method is less than perfect, especially when read in a vacuum, so this is probably just as much a me thing as it is anything else. Regardless of all the reasons, at the end of the day, Logging in doesn't make me happy, nor does arguing here about stuff. Caring about this game doesn't enable me to be the best version of myself; more like the opposite. I'm tired, and I'd much rather play a game that treats me the way I think I deserve to be treated, like Bloodborne or Elite Dangerous.

If Aetolia ever begins to resemble something that would be more fun and rewarding to enjoy than not in the future, I'll definitely be back.

But until then, farewell, Aetolia.

NonateaAolinValorieIllikaalIesidGhatzhjia