Announce post #3166: Classleads January 2021 - part 1

2/6/2021 at 5:18
Nalus the Liaison
Everyone
Classleads January 2021 - part 1

Afflictions
=========================
- [2951] New affliction: Limp veins.
* Cured by the steroid pill (see HELP CURE ORDER).
* This affliction will extend elixir balance by 2 seconds.
- [2977] Aeon is now blocked by the speed defence no matter its source.
* This will proc a resistance line via discernment.
* The Aeon tarot won't proc the resistance line as it already has its own specific message.

Battlefury
- [2972] Zeal, Rend, Rupture, Raze, Strike, and Arc now check to ensure the weapon arm is not broken instead of previous arm logic.

Deathlore
- [2951] Activating Implant now causes a small amount of poison damage.

Dhuriv
- [2965] Spinecut now requires the addition of heartflutter in order to be successful.

Elemancy
- [2959] Whirlwind can now be cast indoors.
- [2959] Whirlwind equilibrium time lowered to 3 seconds, down from 4.

Numerology
- [2980] Recollection equilibrium recovery time is no longer affected by modifiers.

Primality
- [2966] Equivalence damage type changed from unblockable to spirit.
- [2966] Equivalence now consumes 2 energy when used, up from 1.
- [2966] Boosted Equivalence no longer duplicates two afflictions from you to the target.
- [2966] Boosted Equivalence now gives the justice affliction, however it is hidden.

Vocalizing
- [2962] The Disruptive howl now has a 60% chance to block the prism tattoo, instead of 100%.
* This will be checked when the prism attempt is about to complete.

Warhounds
- [2951] Poisonclaw major trait now causes blisters instead of rend.
- [2951] Focus for the Poisonclaw trait now causes limp veins instead of blisters.

Weaponry
- [2972] Weapon attacks now check to ensure the weapon arm is not broken instead of previous arm logic.

Penned by my hand on Closday, the 3rd of Chakros, in the year 493 MA.
RijettaMjoll

Comments

• Next time just reject the report, holy cow
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    LinNaos
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    I sent a message to Nalus in game and mentioned this in the Discord Server, but I still don't understand the reject note for Report #2967. It reads to me like whoever did the rejection didn't actually read the report.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Problem:
    Praenomen bashing is problematic for one easily circleable reason: people have to choose between PVP and PVE specs in a nearly-irreversible way (or one that requires a painfully large credit investment that other classes do not have). Simply put, equilibrium speed is a dealbreaker (or maker) for PVP, but balance is required for bashing (to speed up Frenzy output). This makes it so that people, especially in endgame, have to choose between the bal/eq speed enhancement--and once they make that choice, they're locked into one role predominantly (PVE or PVP.) As far as I'm aware, there's no other class in the game that has this particular limitation (and even classes like Tera have tools to deal with int/eq specs) to this degree.
    Solution #1:
    Give Praenomen the ability to choose to use eq for Frenzy. This will mitigate the issue pretty much entirely. This presents some problems for PVP, so it should hopefully be something relatively easy to switch on/off and/or have a (relatively) short cooldown.
    Solution #2:
    Similar to above, but slight tweak, is to give Praenomen an eq bashing skill that's more or less a clone of Frenzy. Mitigates the issues with having a switch to turn on or off.
    Solution #3:
    Give Praenomen the ability to selectively choose whether they want eq/bal+ enhancements at will. This could be problematic in any number of ways, but it's a possible solution that /would/ fully eliminate the problems with Prae bashing.
    Decision:
    2021/02/05 20:13:29
    This was already taken into account in their PvE numbers. If Enrage changes, we will make a reassessment, but it already increases bashing speed enough.
    The report was about how if you want to do PVP, you have to choose the +eq enhancement, but if you want to optimally bash, you have to choose +balance. It wasn't about making Enrage faster. The decision says that this is already taken into account, but after testing, I found this:

+bal low blood balance: 2.93s
    +eq low blood balance: 3.15s

+bal low blood DPS: 659 (no arties)
    +eq low blood DPS: 613 (no arties)
    This means if you choose +eq in order to be viable at PVP, you experience a 6.98% decrease in overall DPS. That's...kind of a lot. That's ~1/2 of what level 1 knuckles get you. With the current changes to DPS boosts being additive entirely and not multiplicative, making this up is even more challenging. As far as I'm aware, no other class has to choose between a spec that's only reversible with an artifact that essentially locks them out of the optimal PVE or PVP abilities. For Carnifex it's just a gold thing (bashing weapon vs PVP weapon). I don't understand this rejection at all, can someone explain it to me? I don't even mind that it was rejected, but the note just...doesn't match the problem. Is Prae intentionally designed to be the only class with an irreversible 6.98% penalty for choosing to do PVP?

• Carnifex can do little a poison damage, as a treat
    (Web): Abhorash has joined your web.
    (Web): Abhorash says, "Nerds."
    (Web): Abhorash has left your web.

Alela's Affirmations
    Lin
  • Just a little, though, too much will spoil our hound steak dinners

Alela