Announce post #3157: Clawhook Range & surrounding areas updates

1/2/2021 at 11:12
Razmael, the Synthesist
Everyone
Clawhook Range & surrounding areas updates

If you bash regularly on Albedos, you may have noticed some changes happening across some of its areas. If not, here's a list of what changed:

Clawhook Range
--------------
* New connecting area: Bakal Chasm
* New connecting area: Basilisk's lair (refer to public posting)
* Clawhook been populated with some different high-level animals.
* The increased presence of Sapience's adventurers in the Clawhook Range has prompted the nearby Drakkenmont fortress of Dramlai Watch to send scouts out into the area. When engaged, these scouts will fire off a flare to summon soldiers from the fortress. Be careful!

Dovan Hollow
------------
* Increased the density of NPCs in the area.
* Added in a couple of new NPC types we had sitting around flagged for the area but were being unused.
* Various adjustments to attacks and NPC levels.

Dramedo Warrens
---------------

Forgotten depths of Mount Helba
-------------------------------
* Now added to the AREAS list at 99.
* Note: This area has the 'truedark' flag, which means you need a lightsource of some kind in your inventory to be able to see.

The Maul
--------
* Now added to the AREAS list at 99.
* Unflagged several of the NPC types as aggressive.
- Guards remain aggressive, but have stationary positions (they still chase).
- Vakmuts remian aggressive, and roam.
* Added some gladiators into the pit to fight, too.

Penned by my hand on Tisday, the 19th of Lleian, in the year 492 MA.
GavramelCzciennLinTetchtaIllikaalSibattiRijettaStraidMazzion

Comments

• Let me be the first to say thank you. I can see Clawhook being another highly desirable area next to Tcann. It's also refreshing to see that the pleas of the playerbase didn't go unheard, and there was a concerted effort to alleviate them. Also, I didn't know about the Maul nor Mount Helba, so I'll try them out and see how it goes.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    It looks really good. One small fix, perhaps? In Dramedo Warrens there is still one small inaccessible area without connection or hints. It does show on the website map and counts towards exploration. Could this be fixed while you are in the area, please?

RhineMjoll
  • Teani said:

It looks really good. One small fix, perhaps? In Dramedo Warrens there is still one small inaccessible area without connection or hints. It does show on the website map and counts towards exploration. Could this be fixed while you are in the area, please?

I swear I haven't spent real life months sitting there trying to figure out how to get to those rooms... >.>
    LinMjoll
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    I've shifted those rooms off-plane so they won't count anymore. They were fully inaccessible, and the rooms have some special descriptions that imply they were being planned for something major rather than a general access area.
    IesidRhineLinGavramelMjollTeaniCzciennSeurimas
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Razmael said:
    I've shifted those rooms off-plane so they won't count anymore. They were fully inaccessible, and the rooms have some special descriptions that imply they were being planned for something major rather than a general access area.
    You know you're awesome, right? Right!

Rhine
  • Really like the changes overall.

I'd like to request the dazed attack of the slavers in Dovan to be removed or significant reduced in frequency. I've died a lot in the new areas over the last few days and almost all of them have been things I could have avoided by being more careful, but there is nothing fair about being chain dazed by a single mob for half a minute while watching your bleeding tick up 1500 at a time.
  • I enjoy the mechanics of the new areas. What I do not enjoy is the pointless annoyance of the wind on Tcanna, quite literally, blowing you out of the trees every few seconds. This is not an exaggeration, and it makes bashing the tree mobs incredibly unattractive when you get blown out of the tree, swing up, attack, and then blown out of the tree again before you even regain balance. I don't know what the purpose of the mechanic could be other than to serve as a deterrent for afk bashing, but if that's the case I don't think the wind blowing needs to be as frequent as it presently is.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Mazzion
  • Illidan said:

I enjoy the mechanics of the new areas. What I do not enjoy is the pointless annoyance of the wind on Tcanna, quite literally, blowing you out of the trees every few seconds. This is not an exaggeration, and it makes bashing the tree mobs incredibly unattractive when you get blown out of the tree, swing up, attack, and then blown out of the tree again before you even regain balance. I don't know what the purpose of the mechanic could be other than to serve as a deterrent for afk bashing, but if that's the case I don't think the wind blowing needs to be as frequent as it presently is.

Agreed, also, why doesn't the air stability skill help/stop that as well?
    Teani
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Clinging would stop you from being blown out of the trees by the wind.
    MazzionRijetta
  • Keroc said:

I mean true, but that is 2s equil loss each room, before first attack.
  • It's almost like the area is supposed to be more difficult to bash (especially autobash)...
  • Tedious doesn't = difficult.
    BulrokIllikaalLinDrystin
  • RijettaRijetta Nowhere Important
    Keroc said:
    New artifact idea: claws of the koala. Halve the balance cost on clinging.
    A low, sultry voice resounds within the depths of your mind, "I look forward to seeing your descent."
    MjollDrystin
  • Rijetta said:
    Keroc said:
    New artifact idea: claws of the koala. Halve the balance cost on clinging.
    Stability, density, being mounted should already handle something like this in my opinion. It isn't just in this area either. It happens in several different areas.
  • I'd just like to say that in my experience since the areas have been released, there has RARELY been a time where I couldn't find something/somewhere to bash. There have certainly been times where i'll start my route and the first few areas are clear, but I'll get to other areas that are mostly/fully populated down the line. I'm curious if other people have been feeling or noticing the changes?
    Lin
  • I've found less people bashing again, compared to November/December. Where we used to have 10+ people out, there's only about 3-5 at any given time. So, not sure if it's the additional zones alone (which did help some, I'm sure), or just people getting back to work/life as well.

Would be good for admin to chime in on what they've seen.
  • RijettaRijetta Nowhere Important
    I gave up trying to compete.
    A low, sultry voice resounds within the depths of your mind, "I look forward to seeing your descent."
  • December was likely a lot of people having chocolates from stockings.

The changes do help, but only in the short term. Before one person bashing could clear pretty much all the 100+ areas bar some particularly obnoxious ones that people don't want to touch. Now it's probably going to take two or three people.

Tcanna is also comparatively less desirable now too.
    Rihrin