XP Disconnecting

JuhaJuha Member Posts: 14
Hey everyone,

I disconnected from the game last night (my internet went down) while I was bashing in Fengard Keep. I'd hoped I would be ok because there were no mobs in my room when my internet went out but I guess something walked in and killed me because I've logged back in and I think I lost around ~40% xp (level 93). I'd popped Chalice & Bronze key XP and Book tattoo and yellow ylem orb and even then I think I was hunting for around ~3 hours to get that last night.

Do the admin consider restoring lost XP for the cases of dying while DC'd and losing a bunch of XP for it or do I just chalk it up to being unlucky?

Thanks~

Comments

• TetchtaTetchta Member Posts: 566 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    40%? That's...a lot to lose from a PVE death. Are you sure on that number? In any case no it's not commonplace to get reimbursed XP unless it's due to some sort of critical bug.

Edit: In fact I'd say that's an impossibly large amount of xp to lose from a PVE death or any death, given this section in HELP DEATH
    Numerically, death costs about 14% of experience to next level total. There is a cap upon lost experience, which ultimately reduces that cost until roughly 1% at level 99. From 100 onward, death costs 1% of your experience to next level.
    There's not a lot you can do to mitigate that without arties, but having a short timeout set can help you in the worst case scenarios. But I've noticed when I unexpectedly DC I end up getting kicked pretty fast.
    "We're taught Lord Acton's axiom: all power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. I believed that when I started these books, but I don't believe it's always true any more. Power doesn't always corrupt. What I believe is always true about power is that power always reveals. When you have enough power to do what you always wanted to do, then you see what the guy always wanted to do."
    -Robert Caro
  • AlmolAlmol Member Posts: 35
    Player Death
    Juha was slain by a horrid basilwyrm.
    Used to be if you stayed dead without approaching mirror you would keep losing xp until you d/c'd or did the thing. But that was like Aetolia Classic era stuff.

Ayastia
  • JuhaJuha Member Posts: 14
    It's entirely possible I misremembered how much XP I hunted to, if it's not mechanically possible for me to have lost close to 40% then I find it more likely that I was mistaken