Automation-related Ideas!

I was reading the automation thread and it got me thinking about this subject for the first time in awhile.

One idea I had that I haven't seen implemented anywhere (and I have no idea if this would work in current Aetolia, but I feel like sharing it) would be a "windup" skill.

What this does is that if you haven't attacked, it saves up the time value (up to a limit, such as 3 or 4 seconds for example). Then, your next attack will do bonus damage and push back healing balance times depending on how long you didn't attack for.

The reason for this is that, instead of everyone needing to attack as quickly as they possibly can in order to pressure each other's healing balances, you have the option to wait a reasonable amount of time, see what your opponent does, then take a swing.

I was working on a version of this, along with slower cure times and slower affliction rates, for a MUD I wanted to make but due to stagnant player population levels I don't think it will be happening, so I'm just going to leave it here in case anyone finds it interesting.