The Children of the Guardian Amalgams

LileinLilein The Lab
edited November 2020 in Roleplay Logs
The first of these was a couple of weeks ago, while the other was more recent, prompting me to post both of these.

Context for Lati:
Lilein had been visiting Semomti, a towering quadrupedal amalgamation that lived in the arbor of Spinesreach, fairly regularly. It was the location Lil went to think and relax, and she brought food to Semomti each time she came by.

Lati's First Birthday, 4th of Severin, 491 MA

Lilein inclines her head politely to those around her.

Lilein smiles softly.

Lilein says to a towering quadrupedal amalgamation sheathed in cartilage, "Greetings, Hungerer."

Translator's Note: Semomti means Hungerer in Kalsu

Lilein says, "I brought some food from Bloodloch this time..."

Lilein says, "Roasted boar."

Lilein smile and says, "I hope you enjoy it."

Lilein gives a plate of roasted boar to a towering quadrupedal amalgamation sheathed in cartilage.

Lilein smiles softly.

Lilein says, "Oh, I also have something from my adopted parent."

Lilein says, "They gave me a couple of these, but I wanted to save one for you."

Lilein gives a candied silk treat encasing the remains of a Mrenadhi warrior to a towering quadrupedal amalgamation sheathed in cartilage.

Lilein smiles and says, "I hope you like it."

Lilein lets out a contented sigh.

Lilein says, "It's always good to see you."

A towering quadrupedal amalgamation sheathed in cartilage pads curiously closer to you.

Lilein blinks.

Lilein tilts her head up towards a towering quadrupedal amalgamation sheathed in cartilage, "Did you like the treat?"

They haven't responded to me before...

It must have been the treat, considering its Chiav nature...

One of a towering quadrupedal amalgamation sheathed in cartilage's many tentacles reaches out, waving in the air in front of you. The creature flexes and relaxes in turn before a soft growl escapes it.

The deepening dusk yields to impenetrable darkness as night claims the land.
It is now dusk on Kinsday, the 4th of Severin, year 491 of the Midnight Age.

Lilein tilts her head to the side, watching each of a towering quadrupedal amalgamation sheathed in cartilage motions, before one of her own tendrils stretches to wave about before her in similar fashion, a soft smile on the Consanguine's lips.

"Perhaps this is how Semomti communicates..."

I don't know if the Malevolet made them with an ability to speak..."

A towering quadrupedal amalgamation sheathed in cartilage's movements pause as it watches your movements curiously. After a long moment, Semomti blinks, tentacle retreating. Two of its plates shift, depositing something at Lilein's feet.

Lati's Description:
This adorable amalgamation bounces on all fours, its balance still developing as its movements are augmented by the eight spindly tentacles that spread from the monster's back. Messy plates of bone and cartilage coat the scant few inches of the amalgamation's tiny body, the gaps in its full-body outfit held together by miniature sheets of ice. The creature's narrow, wyrm-like face sports the faint beginnings of whiskers above a yelping, half-toothed maw. The amalgamation's stubby legs scrabble along the ground, ending in cloven hooves. It walks as if it had the blessing of Iosyne, the Malevolent...but it doesn't.
It can only be worn in the following location: perched.
It weighs about 1 pound(s) and 0 ounce(s).
It is loyal to Lilein Val'narav.

Lilein blinks in surprise at the motion, before kneeling down to look over a miniature quadrupedal amalgamation in curiosity.

"This is... One of Semomti's children..."

[HINT]: Mini-Semomti is a minipet!

"I remember the Conductor having one... Part of why I first began looking for Semomti..."

Lilein extends a hand to gently pet the top of a miniature quadrupedal amalgamation head.

Lilein smiles softly.

A towering quadrupedal amalgamation sheathed in cartilage's attention drifts, returning to their usual tasks.

Lilein smiles wide, before gently picking up a miniature quadrupedal amalgamation, "Thank you, my friend. I'll take great care of them."

You carefully gather a miniature quadrupedal amalgamation into your arms.

Lilein says to a towering quadrupedal amalgamation sheathed in cartilage, "And I swear to bring them by for a visit every so often."

Lilein smiles softly.

Lilein gently sets a miniature quadrupedal amalgamation on her shoulder, her smile remaining as she watches the creature.

Lilein says, "What to name you..."

"This... Is a wonderful day."

"The fourth of Severin."

You ponder the situation.

"Hmm... If Semomti means Hungerer, and this is a mini-Semomti..."

"Lasdu Semomti?"

"Perhaps simply Lasdu..."

"Except the eti suffix is for an individual..."

"What about..."

"Lati."

Lilein smiles softly.

Testing the word aloud, Lilein says, "Lati."

Turning to the amalgam on her shoulder, Lilein asks "What do you think, Lati?"

Lilein smiles softly.

Lilein get some gold sovereigns from a soft onyx cotton pouch with a gaping maw.

Done! A miniature quadrupedal amalgamation will now be named 'Lati'.

Lilein puts some gold sovereigns in a soft onyx cotton pouch with a gaping maw.

Lilein quickly scoops a miniature quadrupedal amalgamation from her shoulder to give them a hug, before returning them to their perch.

Lilein smiles softly.

Lilein says to a towering quadrupedal amalgamation sheathed in cartilage, "Thank you so much, my friend."

Lilein smiles softly.

Lilein says, "I'll see about bringing more of those treats, next time."

Lilein says, "Eventually, I should be able to make them for you."

Lilein smiles softly.

Context for Barry'eyr:
Lilein had been writing a presentation on a few historical events that @Iosyne had been a part of, an assignment from @Ayukazi. These events included the creation of the two amalgams, Semomti and Eggward. Lil had recently sent off the latest draft of this presentation to the Malevolent.

Berry'eyr's First Birthday, 25th of Chakros, 491 MA

Agony wracks Lilein for an instant as Iosyne's words bestow the gift of Pain upon Lilein, "Quite the show you have dreamed up."

Letting the arcane ether carry her voice, Lilein tells Iosyne, "Do You like it, Lady Malevolent?"

"I can call upon the arts of Sciomancy now if I need to do the presentation..."

Agony wracks Lilein for an instant as Iosyne's words bestow the gift of Pain upon Lilein, "Hmm. There is one party who is not entirely pleased with the portrayal afforded it."

"I... Who would be angered by the presentation?"

"Is She upset with Her illusory duplicates?"

Letting the arcane ether carry her voice, Lilein tells Iosyne, "Might I ask who is upset by the current version of the presentation?"

"Most I think of are dead, beaten, and fallen..."

A large, writhing tentacle erupts from the ground, slithering in a corkscrew pattern around Lilein's body.

The tentacle slithers back in the depths of the earth, dragging Lilein along with it.

Lilein is moved by a writhing tentacle.
Before an opulent stone racetrack.
------ v65052 -------
\
\
\
[A] [ ]
\ \ /
[A] [+]-[ ] [ ]
\ / | /
[ ] [W]-[ ]
\ |
[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[C]
|
------- 0:2:0 -------
A flamboyantly dressed Troll stands here, stylishly distracted from his surroundings. Violent streaks of elemental energy lash out from a bipedal creature here. Humming with energy, a crystal aegis has been attuned to this location. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A glowing red flame-shaped sigil has been left here. Resting on the ground is a cube-shaped silver sigil. Scanning the surroundings with a cool expression, a domineering Carnifex knight stands on watch here. Muttering emanates from behind the cowl of a scion of despair, a tarot card alight betwixt her gnarled, clawed fingers. The monstrous half-woman, half-spider form of Iosyne, the Malevolent is here.
You see a single exit leading east.
[HINT]: A winged bipedal creature wreathed in crackling energy seems particularly alert.

A large, writhing tentacle deposits Lilein in the presence of the Malevolent Goddess before retreating back underground.

Lilein says, "Ah, greetings, Lady Malevolent, Eggward."

Iosyne licks Her lips as the tentacle retreats, greeting Lilein with a wide, tooth-filled smile.

A winged bipedal creature wreathed in crackling energy's greeting is less enthusiastic, an annoyed harrumph sprayed out at Lilein.

Lilein blinks.

"Is... Is he the unenthused party?"

"I... Hrm..."

"Is it because there's no illusory copy of him slaughtering the dreg?"

"Perhaps..."

A winged bipedal creature wreathed in crackling energy stomps over to loom over Lilein, the massive creature's every step sending tremours through the racetrack. It towers over her, eyes burning - literally - with jade fire. The chaotic elemental aura crackles all around it as it studies Lilein.

Lilein blinks once, shuffling slightly in place before she clasps her hands politely behind her, tilting her head up to look towards a winged bipedal creature wreathed in crackling energy, "Are you um... The one the Lady Malevolent mentioned wasn't pleased with the presentation, Eggward?"

Iosyne moves alongside the creature - the Goddess Herself dwarfed by its enormous size. Her glowing white eyes rove between Lilein and Eggward, Her smile widening. The elemental aura curiously shies away from the Goddess, bending unnaturally to avoid Her.

A winged bipedal creature wreathed in crackling energy leans all the way down - a very long way down indeed - to peer almost eye-to-eye with Lilein. A second, deafening harrumph erupts from it at the question, the creature shaking its big meaty wings in irritation.

Lilein asks, "Is it... Because your niece is the only one fighting the illusory dreg, and there is no equivalent copy of yourself?"

A winged bipedal creature wreathed in crackling energy gives its wings another shake, dislodging clouds of dusty spores. It gruffly kicks one such spore rudely, sending it tumbling to press against Lilein's leg.

As it rolls towards Lilein's leg, the spore evolves, mutating before your eyes. By the time it hits your leg, it has taken on an entirely new shape.

Lilein lowers her gaze towards the spore, kneeling down to get a better look at the rapidly evolving organism.

Barry'eyr's Description:
Shining eyes of jade fire sparkle from the tiny creature's avian face, its beak adorably curved. The creation's humanoid torso is wreathed entirely in elemental energy, obscuring its body: miniature wisps of smoke solidify into sparse clouds of sand, clouds of sand melt into meager columns of fire, columns of fire burn out into wisps of smoke; an endless cycle. Uneven, barely-visible barbs line the creature's arms, culminating in stubby fingers tipped by scrabbling claws. Organic, miniscule wings flare out from the abomination's back, covered in a barely-perceptible cloud of tiny spores. It walks as if it had the blessing of Iosyne, the Malevolent...but it doesn't.

Earth shaking once again with each massive step, a winged bipedal creature wreathed in crackling energy promptly stomps away back to its original spot. With a final harrumph, it seemingly directs its attention elsewhere - though Lilein curiously seems to be held just within the edge of the creature's sight at all times.

Iosyne finally speaks, tongue slithering disturbingly with the enunciation of each word. "It is a worthy presentation. Inform the General that I am pleased."

Another harrumph comes from a winged bipedal creature wreathed in crackling energy, louder than ever.

Lilein gently reaches out a tendril to pet a tiny winged bipedal creature head, before looking back up towards Iosyne, "Understood, Lady Malevolent. Thank you." She pauses to look back towards the small creature, before her eyes look towards a winged bipedal creature wreathed in crackling energy, "And... Thank you, Eggward. I shall take as good care of them as I do your niece, and they shall both be present in my presentation."

Iosyne, the Malevolent says, "We shall witness the presentation live some time soon."

Lilein says, "It shall be ready whenever you wish it, Lady Malevolent."

"Though I'll have to make a slight adjustment for the latest addition to the team..."

A large, writhing tentacle erupts from the ground, slithering in a corkscrew pattern around your body.

The tentacle slithers back in the depths of the earth, dragging you along with it.

Lilein is moved by a writhing tentacle.
ValorieAxiusCallidoraAyukaziMalcanthet