Iosyne's General versus Zsarachnor, the Reborn (Part 2 of 3)

edited October 2020 in Roleplay Logs
--- The Black Keep: The throneroom of Llazuth -----

The throneroom of Llazuth in the Black Keep. This large octagonal chamber is filled with a myriad of black candles, each one casting dim flickers over the cavernous hall. Footsteps echo off the smooth floors made of polished obsidian. The light of the candles reflects in the depths of the shining walls, floors, and ceilings, playing over a lavish display of silver and gold tapestries. At the center of the room is a raised dais, upon which stands a magnificent black throne made of ebony and inlaid with glowing amethysts. At the foot of the dais stands a smaller throne, made similarly of ebony but decorated only with simple designs of silver. The crushed body of an arachnid Chiav is here, oozing out its organs. Arrogant in her beauty and power, the demonic Spider Queen Llazuth is standing proudly here. The Spider Throne stands here, its obsidian magnificence overshadowing all else. Dripping black ichor, a heaping skeleton of bone creates a construct from the earth here. Wreathed in darkness with an elongated blade at his side, Zsarachnor stands here, wrapped in an aura of shadow and power. A puddle of green slime bubbles on the floor.

An arachnid Chiav strider is here, its humanoid half wielding a poison-tipped spear. Arrogant in her beauty and power, the demonic Spider Queen Llazuth is standing proudly here. The Spider Throne stands here, its obsidian magnificence overshadowing all else. Dripping black ichor, a heaping skeleton of bone creates a construct from the earth here. Wreathed in darkness with an elongated blade at his side, Zsarachnor stands here, wrapped in an aura of shadow and power. A puddle of green slime bubbles on the floor. A small wooden pyramid has been left here. There are 2 white warhounds here. A ghostly white warhound stands here, silently watching. There are 2 hulking, black-haired boars here. Ominiously silent, a mahogany warhound stands here, teeth bared. There are 2 chestnut warhounds here. The sickly sweet stench of death and decay wafts off of a sadistic, jade tainted warhound here. Suspended in a web of ethereal, fickle light, a luminescent spider spirit waits here. Covered in spiked, black armor, a midnight black stallion trots menacingly here. Khelzya is here. She wields a vicious light brown dhurive in her hands. Archelaus is here. He is riding on a gentle pony. He wields in his left hand and a chipped bone dagger in his right. Ehtias is here. He is riding on a midnight black stallion. He wields a bardiche in his hands. Valeria is here. She is riding on an oversized toad. She wields a Shamanic quarterstaff in her hands. Stine is here. He is riding on a sleek, golden horse. He wields a elegant, narrow-bladed falchion in his left hand and a elegant, narrow-bladed falchion in his right. Rhyot is here. Lilein is here. She wields a gruesome crescent scythe in her hands. Qelres is here, giving off a truly ghastly stench. The Azudim wields a bejeweled jaw bone dagger in their left hand. Tina is here, hidden. She is riding on a phoenix of corruption. She wields a skin bound codex of corrupt races in her left hand and a reinforced tower shield in her right. Vaeth is here. He wields a long, dragon-crested tower shield in his left hand. Mjoll is here. She wields a blackened warhammer in her hands. Azarae is here. She wields a corrupted violet-eyed eldritch scythe in her hands. Aisling is here. Kanivara is here. She is riding on a hulking, black-haired boar. She wields a oversized carrot on a stick shaped warhammer in her hands. Ardent is here. He is riding on a giant, black-furred wolf. He wields a throwing axe in his left hand and a rune-covered cavalry shield in his right. This area has been overgrown with a swathe of seething plantlife. You see a single exit leading west.

Swara arrives from the west.

A spider spirit slowly wakens, looking fit and refreshed.

Ayuna sizes up the vampire, stepping closer. "What does this temper tantrum prove? This is not your domain."

(Order): Malcanthet says, "What makes him think he has claim over what is Hers?"

Zsarachnor, Reborn sets upon the corpse of an arachnid Chiav strider. His fingers engage into the creature's eyes, sinking deep beneath before tearing the head apart in half. Ayuna does not seem worthy of his attention as he licks fingers clean before standing to face Llazuth.

Malcanthet strides in from the west, her colossal form sending tremors through the ground. She is followed by a daemonic golem.

Kanivara says to Ayuna, "What does a temper tantrum from any ancient vampire prove?"

"You may witness, but do not interfere," Zsarachnor, Reborn calls behind his shoulder as he approaches the Spider Throne. Shadows rise in his wake, snaking into the air - they abruptly billow, flowing out to form an impassable barrier isolating the vampire with the Spider Queen.

(Tells): In the back of her mind, Ayuna hears Kanivara saying to her, "... I am fair sure this was once his lair."

Rhyot says, "As much as I am to oppose gods, that would be a very bad idea."

(Tells): On a soft, clicking whisper, Ayuna hisses against Kanivara's mind, "It is no longer. He does not have claim on what is Hers."

(Tells): In the back of her mind, Ayuna hears Kanivara saying to her, "I think he's here to settle an old score, since it is no longer his lair."

Something between a smile and snarl warps Zsarachnor, Reborn's lips as he points theglowing sword, slick with the remains of fallen Chiav, at the Demon Spider Queen. "Today marks the end of your pathetic existence," the vampire proclaims.

Flippantly, Mjoll says, "Some old shit for blood vampire wakes up and decides what can and can't be done around her, that'll end well for him."

(Tells): On a soft, clicking whisper, Ayuna hisses against Kanivara's mind, "What can you tell me of the events of then?"

"No no, he's got a point. I wanna watch. Because when his decrepit ass gets misted I'm gonna laugh." Ardent offers to Rhyot with a faint shrug while flicking a finger at the wanna-be-Vampire from ages long past.

(Tells): In the back of her mind, Ayuna hears Kanivara saying to her, "Llazuth, I think, was instrumental in kicking his ass."

Cloaked and incognito, Vaeth silently watches the vampire lord, standing behind and to the side of Lilein. He glances to his left and right, his lips twitching to smirk but it doesn't form, clearly amused at the display.

Qelres's face is stern. "I do not think any of you are taking this seriously enough," they murmur below their breath.

Seated upon the Spider Throne, no emotion mars Llazuth, the Demon Spider Queen's haughty face, though her eyes burn with violent fire as she confronts her old enemy. "A shame the rocks did nothing to improve that hideous face," Llazuth replies. "You should have remained forgotten where the Malevolent buried you."

(Tells): In the back of her mind, Ayuna hears Kanivara saying to her, "My recollection of what happened back then, when he died, when the Chiav moved in, is dusty."

Malcanthet's nose wrinkles in a slight sniff.

Rhyot eyes Qelres for a moment before looking back at Zsarachnor. "I think we are taking this very seriously. There's not much we can do right now though."

With a nod to Rhyot, Ardent says, "Yeah basically that."

Ayuna holds her stance, moving closer to those of Iosyne's Order. "This will not stand."

That comment provides the convenient opening for Zsarachnor, Reborn to launch into convenient exposition. "Reduced to mist, haunting the tunnels beneath Azdun." The vampire's expression sours further into snarl territory. "But your Goddess was not idle in those same tunnels, oh no. She killed and fed and tortured and experimented and created and destroyed. And each time I followed, gathering the essence of the remnants She left behind. A century until I gathered enough to rebuild what is rightfully -."

Swara gently rubs her cheek, standing near the back and watching quietly.

Rhyot says to Qelres, "There was a reason Zsarachnor was buried beneath a tomb, never meant to rise again."

Mid sentence, Llazuth, the Demon Spider Queen erupts off the Spider Throne, demonic wings carrying her forward. Streaks of violent power swirling about her form, Malevolence's High Priestess falls upon Zsarachnor, violet fire springing forth from outstretched hands to consume him.

Kanivara says, "Yours? Pit no, only the strong may lay claim to anything. I see where Abhorash got his arrogance."

Zsarachnor, Reborn's shadow, previously flickering with the unsteady, swaying candlelight, suddenly thickens, manifesting into something solid. The vampire's shadow flares up, inky darkness rising to intercept the blow in its owner's place. Wracked by the violet fire, the shadow blows apart, returning once more to its flickering, outstretched position behind Zsarachnor.

Rhyot says to Kanivara, "Careful, Spirean. Abhorash might not wake much anymore, but he's a better Primus than what stands now."

Nozerem enters from the west, riding a decrepit desert camel.

Kanivara says to Rhyot, "No argument there. I am merely pointing out traits similar between... generations."

" - mine," Zsarachnor, Reborn finishes, supremely unconcerned. He raises his eyebrows in wry amusement at Llazuth. "Rude," the vampire says, wagging a finger under the airborne Queen's nose, before promptly smashing a pale fist into her nose.

The ancient, silver runes etched into Mjoll's flesh give off a sudden, sharp pulse of light before receding back into a slow, rhythmic beat.

A demonic spider strides in from the west, violet flame dancing in its eyes.

The force of the blow sends Llazuth, the Demon Spider Queen careening back, smashing with immense force against the Spider Throne. Her broken face is hideously warped, bones smashed and misconfigured to ruin the previously perfect symmetry.

Taj arrives from the west.

Raynia whispers a soft, "Uh oh," under her breath.

In keen observation, Vaeth's eyes begin to glow a faint red as the vampire lord's shadows take action, more interested in the power of his kin than the bickering outside the barrier. His eyes widen subtley at the blow dealt to the Spider Queen, remaining still.

Zsarachnor, Reborn's footfalls ring as he presses forward, in no apparent hurry, sword outstretched.

Sarita strides in from the west, her colossal form sending tremors through the ground. She is followed by an onyx golem with inlaid sanguinite.

Qelres's lip curls back to reveal snarling teeth.

The torn skin of Llazuth, the Demon Spider Queen's face roils further, disfiguring. Soon the skin erupts altogether as the demonic arachnid Spider Queen bursts out, shedding her flesh form as she surges forward in a nightmare fangs and legs.

(Tells): Rhyot tells Ayuna, "I am unsure if even my Chaos powers could break through that barrier."

Ayuna watches, crossing her arms over herself. "No, this is fine. Pain is one of Her Rules, after all." She makes no move to interfere.

Stine quickly devours a lime.

"Droll," Zsarachnor, Reborn says, tone bored, as he blurs into motion himself, sidestepping the falling arachnid before thrusting the sword forth.

The empowered blade catches Llazuth, the Demon Spider Queen straight in the abdomen, driving her back with a sickening squelch followed by a heavy thud as she is impaled against the back of the Spider Throne. Violet haze envelops the spider as she shrinks, reverting to her humanoid form, complete with the sword jutting out of her stomach.

Zsarachnor, Reborn casually extracts the blade from its resting place, twisting cruelly to rend apart more of the struggling woman's body on the way out. He watches with amusement as Llazuth's broken body begins to attempt to repair itself. "Oh, I don't think so," Zsarachnor says, pointing a contemptuous finger at the slumped Spider Queen. A drop of blood seeps out from the outstretched nail, crystalizing into a needle that promptly speeds forth into Llazuth's open wound.

A hideous, tortured screech escapes Llazuth, the Demon Spider Queen as the foreign blood enters her wound. A loud hiss fills the air, followed by a truly rancid odour as the wound immediately stops its attempted regeneration, halted by the corruption of Zsarachnor's blood.

Its poison-tipped spear at the ready, a Chiav strider skitters in from the west on eight spindly legs.

"To think I expected a challenge," Zsarachnor, Reborn sneers, standing triumphantly over his broken adversary. "It seems I will have to find my fun in other ways. And oh, what -fun- it will be," the vampire promises.

Kanivara watches, her silver eyes focused with intensity on the battle. Occasionally, she looks to Ayuna for direction, staying still so long as she does.

A shallow rumbling from nearby travels in small echoes around you.

Tendrils of essence pour forth from the skeletal shrine of Iosyne, wrapping carelessly around the fallen Chiav corpse littering the floor. The essence rends the corpse apart, spinning it rapidly in the air as chitin, flesh, and bones spray away from the offering. Soon, only the creature's spine remains, wrapped in essence.

A thorny rosebush of black ice begins to snake up Ardent's body, exploding into a wisps of smoke as the first bud forms.

Like Kanivara, Qelres is utterly tuned to the General's response, although their grip on their dagger is white-knuckled with energy held in check.

Ehtias sips from a simple kawhe cup with traces of an icy, purple splash of 'Intelligence'

Ardent tilts his head slightly before looking at Ayuna a moment then back to the gloating Vampire. "Someone wise once told me it's the truly weak that feel the need to try and exert force like a cudgel to flaunt power." The Kobold sidesteps now as he hooks his thumb at Iosyne's General and offers with a smirk, "The truly powerful don't need to throw tantrums to get results."

The spine plunges into the shadow barrier, absorbing its deadly haze. Soon, the spine itself fades from view, wrapped as it is in rolling waves of shadow. It retreats, planting itself firmly in your hand.

Raynia tilts her head to watch Ayuna, curiosity evident across her face.

Ayuna looks down at the spiny blade, instincts taking over as her bloodrage takes place once more. She lashes out and cuts a hole through the barrier with her own Consanguine speed, stepping through to face the tyrant.

A goggle-bearing hound wearing floppy bunny ears blinks into existence and falls into line behind Stine.

Rhyot says, "It's amusing what some people with ancient power find as fun. We've taken out threats far worse than you. Point in case..."

Aisling leaves to the west, the bone-chilling air slowly dissipating.

Rhyot watches as Ayuna rips through the barrier with the spinal sword, "That."

Vaeth seems to react to Ayuna's movement, taking a step forward but stopping himself short, his cloak animating with the quick stop and go motion, his face taking on a stoic determination.

Kanivara takes a step forward, stopping short a hammer's length from the barrier. She watches her fellow Carnifex with concern.

The new challenger draws Zsarachnor, Reborn's attention away from Llazuth. He delivers a contemptuous kick to the Spider Queen's slumped, bleeding form before turning to face the Consanguine who crossed his barrier. "Ah yes, you again. I gave you the chance to stand aside. But I suppose you will prove apt entertainment for now." He peers through the shadow barrier at the rest of the assemblage. "Witness me as I destroy -" at that, the vampire pauses. He turns back to you, lowering his voice as he asks, "Who are you again?"

Lilein adjusts her grip on her scythe, rotating the weapon in her hands.

** The soul bond lights up with Kanivara's determination, as if the Tsol'aa is trying to share her own soul's strength.**

"That, would be the General of Iosyne's Order." Ardent quips to the vampire as he waves a hand towards you. "Someone with -real- power. Not stolen scraps."

Kanivara says, "A Carnifex of the Shadow Keep, as well."

Khelzya leaves to the west.

Kanivara says, "A Tainted Knight at that."

Ardent nods his head at Kanivara, showing his acceptance.

Ayuna tilts her head at the vampire. "I am just an Equal. The question is... who are -you- again?" She sizes up her opponent, no fear showing in any of her well-honed predatory movements.

Reaching up and running his fingers along the brim of his hat, Taj says to Mjoll, "Commander, who exactly is the ass in there with Lady Ayuna?"

Shrugging, Mjoll says, "Some old nobody who thinks they're somebody. Been a lot of that lately."

Musingly, Raynia says, "I think Golgotha was scarier than him... especially with all the stupid heralds."

Ehtias says, "Oh so he's like that Illiad person."

Turning his attention back to the two, Taj says to Mjoll, "...Right."

Dryly, Kanivara says, "The Polemarch Daimoxoth was scarier."

Raynia says, "I don't know that one!"

A sigh escapes Zsarachnor, Reborn at the non-answer. Showmanship ruined, the vampire simply shifts his grip on his sword. He takes a step forward -

- and sinks into his shadow, reappearing behind Ayuna with sword raised. "Nothing personal, kid," Zsarachnor, Reborn says as he brings the blade rushing towards her.

Elene stirs quietly upon her feet, her singular gaze fluttering about the surroundings as she gathers situational understanding. Her withered tongue escapes the confines of her mouth, wetting her ichored lips as she watches Zsarachnor, Reborn.

The ancient, silver runes etched into Mjoll's flesh give off a sudden, sharp pulse of light before receding back into a slow, rhythmic beat.

Rhyot shakes his head. "Honestly, she's well known throughout Sapience. She is Ayuna Vyktaire, Consanguine General of the Dominion, General within the Bloodlochian army, General of Iosyne's Order, Lady of the Carnifex, Overlord of Bloodloch, and my mate. I assure you though, defeating her will be no easy task. She's got an army behind her. You've got nothing and no one." He watches as Zsarachnor launches himself forward towards the Chaos Lord's mate. "Mmm." His hands crackle with chaotic energy as he prepares to fight as well.

In a catcalling manner, Kanivara exclaims, "Awww lookit this two-bit Severn wannabe trying to use shadows like they're his!"

Ayuna raises her own spiny blade, turning on her feet and parrying the blow. She fades backwards as a Malevolent smile reaches her face finally, leaving her own fangs to glimmer under the dim lighting. Posturing herself, she lunges in, rendering an amass of heavy frenzies upon Zsarachnor, Reborn. As she does so, the woven crimson ribbons start loosening further from her hair. Her hiss audible, clicks heavy upon her words, she continues her frenzies, lashing out with the blade as she intones, "What do you even stand for?"

Vaeth glances at Rhyot at he speaks, staring at him for a long moment. He slowly returns his red eyed gaze back to the fight. "He may have some support." he says calmly, commenting rhetorically to the ether, folding his arms behind his back beneath his cloak. "The Empire might not see him destroyed, our history is precious." he adds, just as Ayuna unleashes her frenzied attack upon the vampire lord, his kin fighting drawing a half frown over his lips.

Elene's interest in Zsarachnor, Reborn is renewed, the woman pattering about behind the shadow barrier until she can come as close as possible in her spectator's role to the action. Her gaze does swivel across the crowd, however, falling upon Stine as her ichored lips curve.

Again, Zsarachnor, Reborn's shadow springs forth. It moves independently of the owner casting it, meeting Ayuna's frenzy blow-for-blow. The real thing presses forward, blade a tempest of carefully honed strikes weaving through your defenses. "What do I stand for? While you pranced around with your mortal foolishness, I studied the blade."

Valeria leaves to the west, riding an oversized toad. She is followed by a spider spirit. The overgrowth choking the vicinity begins to wither and die, leaving the ground littered with browned stalks and leaves.

Kanivara says to Mjoll, "Oh. Right. Centuries-long dirt nap, he has no idea what Carnifex do."

Smugly, Mjoll says, "He's about to find out."

Sarita's crystalline eyes turn briefly towards Vaeth, and her stony expression breaks long enough for her to frown at him. "Remind me to speak with your sire about your history lessons," she says, her rumbling voice just barely loud enough to carry the distance between them.

Rhyot looks to Vaeth for a moment before looking back to Ayuna. "History is always important to learn from, but that's all that it's good for. Learning from. Zsarachnor was buried for a reason that even Bloodloch never tried finding a way to bring him back." He watches the fights and listens to the taunts of Zsarachnor, Reborn. "She was was taught in the art of the blade too, by many of us. Learning many styles and how to fight utilizing many forms of weaponry."

Ayuna ignites, seemingly satisfied at the matched frenzies. Her eyes watch every movement, every blow, as she counters. Falling a step back, she readjusts her stance, matching the strikes with parries as her style changes and she takes up the defensive postures. Expressionless, her eyes watch closely, even as she misses a blow. "Is that what got you buried the first time?" She fights back, blind to everything but her target as whispers emit around her, building for a lock.

It is now noon on Kinsday, the 10th of Severin, year 491 of the Midnight Age.

(Bloodloch): A humble bellman says, "Noon is upon us - get to the shadows."

Vaeth returns Sarita's gaze, nodding to her out of respect, his gaze unblinking. His eyes move to Rhyot, nodding slowly in much the same way. "History is written by the victor, that much I know." he says calmly, almost seeming to trail off before his attention is recaptured by Ayuna's movement.

Rhyot shakes his head. "History can also be written by the ones who lose. Ask Enorian or Duiran about their books on the Mitrine War. Or even when Baelak arrived to blow up their city."

Blood flares hot as Zsarachnor, Reborn's sword finds purchase, glowing crimson with the offering. Zsarachnor presses further, his own shadow melting from defense to offense as it envelops Ayuna, raining suddenly corporeal blows. "Impudent," he says, before narrowly sidestepping a blow. "Oh my, wha-. You are already dead," he continues. A high-pitched screech fills the air with the speed of Zsarachnor's movements as he delivers a tempest of strikes across heer body.

Slow, purposeful steps bring Elene through the watching, taunting crowd. In silent retrospect, she merely observes, an onlooker drawn by the revival of a husk and Ayuna's shadowy gauntlet. She eventually trails to a stop an armspan's distance from Stine.

Kanivara snarls a couple particularly potent swears in Nazetu as she covers her sensitive ears, fixing Zsarachnor, Reborn with a death glare.

Mjoll idly tests the barrier with a few stiff thrusts from the butt of her warhammer.

Raynia rubs gently at the Shadow Mark, watching the ongoings quietly.

"In whose version of our history did you find it written that there was ever a time when he supported us, or when we supported him?" Sarita asks Vaeth, her voice still low.

Shadows roll off your gown, rising above you to display a glowing insignia of crossed fists before dissipating.

Kamui arrives from the west.

Ayuna staggers backwards, unable to keep up with the speed surrounding her. Her determination never fails, bringing her to return blows despite taking on blood loss. "Pain is a motivator," she whispers, driving past the damage to continue despite how the outcome is looking. She hisses in return to the screech, gashing at the arrogant vampire with a powerful blow.

(Bloodloch): Desidora says, "'lo all."

(Carnifex): Desidora says, "Greetings."

(Carnifex): Mjoll says, "Squire!"

A shallow rumbling from nearby travels in small echoes around you.

(Carnifex): Desidora says, "Commander!"

Vaeth stares ahead, iris' swirling faint neon red. "Histories are fragmented and still being knit together. He is a walking relic. I'm in no service of Lady Iosyne, and this scene does not offend me. Our kin fighting kin should have ended long ago." His voice remains apathetic. "Anything that could be derived from him could be useful for the Dominion." He keenly observes Ayuna as she proudly displays fighting vigor. "Do we even know his motive now, is it cared to be known?" he says with a rhetorical tone. "Perhaps he is assailed too soon."

Zsarachnor, Reborn swipes the blow across with a tad too much force, sword swinging wide away from his body. His other fist swings wide in an exaggerated haymaker, the shadow following - leaving Zsarachnor's defenses conspicuously open.

Kanivara turns that deathglare to Vaeth. "He. Is. Not," she says, her voice edged and venomous. She uncovers her ears and focuses intently on Ayuna once more.

Kamui leaves to the west.

Rhyot watches as Zsarachnor, Reborn delivers blows to his mate and shakes his head. "She's far from it. Undead, maybe, but not dead." He looks to Ayuna, carefully watching her parry the blows. "You've faced shadows before, you know how to fight against them and with them." Watching as Zsarachnor leaves himself open, he shakes his head.

Vaeth uncrosses his arms, breaking his concentration to note even Rhyot observes the opening. He looks back to the fight in anticipation.

The stale smell of the still air touches your nose with its musky odor.

"That's bait," Mjoll comments, winding up a hammer blow to the barrier keeping her out of the action.

Swara glances briefly to Mjoll with a faint smirk, fingers fiddling with her hammer.

Qelres is not as clever as the rest gathered. At the sight of the opening their eyes widen, teeth bared in bloodlust, and they breathe, "Finish it, General."

Kanivara glances at Mjoll and Swara, readying her hammer.

Sarita says to Vaeth, "We can speak more on this later."

Silvery fog wraps itself around Ehtias before pooling at his feet and slowly dispersing.

Elene's shoulders rise and fall in a light shrug. Her ichored lips twitch as Vaeth's words travels to her ears, eliciting a soft laughter as she comments, "I, too, would like to know his purpose for revival. Is it merely for revenge? Subsisting on scraps of essence just for that robs dignity from his existence. It is uncharacteristic."

Ayuna hisses, seeing the opening. With one quick motion, she seizes the moment and wraps both hands around the Malevolent lance, gripping hard. Hearing the voices of her allies, driving all of her force into her movement, she regains her footing and slams the blade into Zsarachnor, Reborn. She lets out a predatory growl as she continues to push, ramming the vampire into the wall. Her eyes darken into a bloodthirsty crimson burning with so much rage they become almost obsidian. "Just..." she hisses, "an Equal."

Rhyot nods his head in agreement towards Mjoll, "It very well could be." He turns to look at Vaeth, glaring at him subtly. "He is nothing more than a relic that took a century to reform. His existence is an abomination that should not have occurred. Consanguine fighting amongst each other is normal course for the predators we are. As for being useful to the Dominion, don't try it. As I had mentioned before, he was buried for a reason. Perhaps read the history books before trying to claim onto something you have no idea of."

Raynia murmurs, "Every time someone wants to study something old or buried that comes to light, Sapience suffers for it. Destroying it now before it becomes a problem, is a good answer, and I don't even know the history surrounding it."

The shadow blade catches Zsarachnor, Reborn clean, running him through the chest. The vampire is carried back by the force of the General's movement, slamming into the wall.

Desidora lets out a loud cheer from her spot, her fist raised in the air, "Kick it's ass Ayuna!"

Raynia snickers softly under her breath.

"Neat." Ardent remarks as he watches the vampire slam into the wall. The lack of emotion in the single word almost a clear indication of the snark it carries.

A stage scream escapes Zsarachnor, Reborn, dramatic and loud for the benefit of the assembled peanut gallery. His mouth opens into a wide 'O' before suddenly warping into a grin. "Alas, you have been coaxed into a snafu," he proclaims, seizing the protruding blade in both hands. The vampire's blood snakes up the weapon, insidious lines of crimson descending ominously on Ayuna, mixing with the shadow essence of the weapon. The deadly substance, crimson river entwined with veins of shadow, crashes into her weapon arm, sinking beneath skin. "You will make a fine thrall."

"It's a trap!" Ardent blurts out suddenly before looking at Rhyot and shrugging.

Instant agony, indescribable beyond anything she has experienced, courses through Ayuna's veins.

Raynia wrinkles her nose at Zsarachnor's words, her hand laying on Mortelle, a sable warhound head. "Pretty sure you don't want to do that," she mutters quietly.

Mjoll's face twists as a grimace forms and she sends that hammer into the barrier with all her might.

Ardent turns to Rhyot fully and asks, "So, ancient scrap fed vampire trying to control your wife. Bold move Rhyot, lets see if this works out for him."

Vaeth stares ahead, his ears recieving Sarita's words. He opens his mouth, his eyes drawn to Elene as she speaks. "As you wish, Empress.", he replies to Sarita, half turning back to face Lilein, briefly studying her reaction to the divisive scene before turning and looking out of the corner of his eye at Zsarachnor being pinned to the wall. "Perhaps I was mistaken. It seems he wasn't as special as I thought he might be, Keeper. I defer to your infallible and wise judgement, though I reserve my own views." He idly raises his right hand from beneath his cloak, glancing at his fingernails. He looks back up abruptly at the fight, visibly surprised. "Hnf." He intones, once again in suspense.

Taj repeats the motion the Commander just did, his own warhammer battering against the barrier.

Lilein tilts her head to one side in curiosity, before relaxing her grip on her scythe, propping it against her shoulder.

Kanivara lets out an angry grunt and takes a swing at the barrier in time with Mjoll. "SOMEBODY DOESN'T KNOW CAR-NI-FEEEX!" she calls out in a loud, discordant song, clearly intended to annoy.

The intensity of the curse burns through Ayuna's honed defenses one-by-one, stripping her body and mind bare. Her grasp on sanity and herself slip, her body wracked by involuntary shudders as the corruption overwhelms her.

"Well, if he dies for real this time," Elene expresses herself, her voice a silken caress, "I call dibs on his corpse, or at least a piece of it." The woman sways closer to the barrier, her singular gaze raking over Zsarachnor, Reborn's attempt at claiming a thrall.

Sniffing softly at the air, Yedan dashes out to the west in a flash of gold.

A fly enters from the west and begins buzzing around annoyingly.

Rhyot narrows his eyes at the image before him, the chaotic energy in his hands becoming more violent in nature. "Mmm." He walks towards the barrier, but maintaining just a few feet from it as the energies within his hands rise. He responds to Ardent in a low growl, "It will be a very poor decision indeed, Ardent. And it will be his undoing."

The room darkens and cools as all the light and heat are drained into a corrupt phoenix, fueling its flames.
TedrunaiMalcanthet