Saidenn

I've been a little reluctant to post this as I have not been around too long, but I do still want feedback on Mr. Mrowr, both good and bad. Let me know your thoughts!

Comments

• edited June 2020
    Saidenn has that kind of energy that makes Gali take extra care with her reactions around him (hence that bro-ish backslap that one time). Like you pointed out once, Saidenn is definitely more like a predator than Gali at this point and the dynamic they have is pretty interesting. Still looking forward to more discussions on Consanguine sometime!
    Saidenn
  • You write amazingly and are a very positive influence on the game. In regards to storytelling, I'm very interested to see what Saidenn ends up doing. I haven't been writing with you all too long yet, but I sincerely hope you stick around for a real long while.

You also seem like a laid back player and I appreciate the initiative you've been taking during ylem conflicts. Keep it up!
    SaidennSeurimas
  • I like cake I like friends huzzah
    SaidennZeheiaGalileiRebraSavas
  • So this was six months ago and I feel Saidenn has been a bit more active since then. Any feedback is welcome!
  • Saidenn, admittedly, was not the one Galilei would have expected to provide support at a moment when she didn't even know she needed support. While he has won more trust - and attention - from her, one part of her will be watching and alert during their interactions. Saidenn clearly loves and understands the powers he wields, which could potentially touch upon a few concepts Galilei has strong feelings/history with, and we both greatly appreciate the time you've put in to make Numerology feel real and close with RP and even with the items you have Saidenn wear. Your dedication to quality RP is always lovely to see, and I look forward to how much our characters could learn from one another.
    Saidenn
  • Saidenn is great. We don't interact on a regular basis, but sometimes he finds that little trail he can pick up for RP and goes all in with it. The emotes are very well done and our interactions push me to think on concepts moreso than gestures in the emotes, so it's a fun thing to be a part of.
    Saidenn
  • edited December 2020
    Saidenn is an interesting character, whom initially never really caught Elene's eye. He is just so ordinary in every sense of the world, a typical scholar with a happy family background. Nothing about him drew attention to himself, until a chance encounter allowed Elene to develop some form of... educational relationship between them, she being the tutor of Numerology and him being the inquisitive student, as he's wont to be.

They've only really got to know each other better after Elene formally joined the Archivists. It says a lot about the character when they step up to fill spaces of responsibility, despite the inexperience of youth and knowledge, and seek help and advice from people around them. In Saidenn, Elene sees a lot of her former self in him, and has found herself proud of the path he's travelled, both in improving himself while remaining humble and as true to himself as possible. It is to the point where Elene can no longer see him as merely a student under her tutelage; he's grown that much further to be able to exist in almost equal standing to her arrogant perception of herself.

It's perhaps odd to say that their personalities do clash against each other. While Elene is cool and hardly emotionally-driven, Saidenn is on the other edge of the spectrum and very much an emotional person. This causes a lot of their relationship dynamics to turn out in interesting ways, and consistently do I find that our opportunities at roleplay explore the different paths it can take. I'm uncertain how much Saidenn himself knows, but little by little, he's starting to have some influence to the colours Elene paints the world in.

I can't wait to delve further.
    Saidenn
  • We haven't had a chance to interact in a while, but I do remember what it was like. Saidenn really had Rihrin reconsidering her walk/path a lot with how open he was. It's not what she expected from her enemy, and ended up playing a big role in how she shifted how she considered the enemy at large. I appreciate that fact, since I had wanted to help shift her away from being as hardlined as she was.

I do hope we can bump into each other again sometime. Not just for the above, but because you as a roleplayer really do dive in so well with your character. Every emote, and even just tell, shows just how detail oriented you are. I remember it being a challenge to keep up, and I do appreciate a good challenge!
    Saidenn

• Every single time.
    SaidennAolinBraxDidiSeurimas
  • Wonderful character. I'm always looking forward to seeing Saidenn, even if I don't have Maira do anything. Also the player, you are splendid in your emotes, very flexible RP that goes on smoothly for everyone! Cheers 
    Saidenn
  • Jewelry cat is now a piece of furniture. Tell me about his upholstery. Mrowr.
    ArdentAlelaDidi
  • edited June 2021
    When last I left a comment here for Saidenn, he was only just beginning to develop more than just a relationship of tutelage and colleagueship with Elene. It's been six real life months, and a lot has changed over the course of time.

It's obvious now that whatever Saidenn is to the woman, it is definitely impactful. His passionate enthusiasm and the earnestness in which he carries himself with has broken through the barrier that is Elene's standoffish personality, and has introduced her to this world of vulnerability once more. In a way, she's finding herself in her new personal journey down Chakrasul's spiral, confronting her fears through the flurry of feelings this Idreth has put her under.

However, what Elene finds difficult to tackle in Saidenn is his dichotomy; he is simultaneously an emotional person, as much as he is an Archivist driven by logic. The way he vacillates between these two states is something that has always come up as a possible point of contention between the two of them. He is often times confident that he is able to keep the boundaries between these two sides of him separate - logically, duty and obligations should always come before self-interest - yet amongst several moments where Elene's concerns have been proven to be unfounded, there are also situations where her words are proven right: that it isn't always possible to do that.

On the same note, when it is time to be emotionally emphatic, it seems to Elene that Saidenn thinks and tackles some situations with a logical brain and that as a result, transforms into source of frustration for her, as he occasionally comes across almost too clinical to the point of selfishness. For Elene who recognizes herself as one very much in touch with her self-centered and possessive nature, it then becomes a question of who has to be the one to compromise in their relationship, which has absolutely changed the dynamics between the both of them.

Elene's relationship with Saidenn has grown immensely despite all these troubles and even though the process to where it is now hasn't been very smooth-sailing. She is no longer as uncomfortable to show that she has fallen in love with the cat and loves him dreadfully. Unfortunately, that has also opened up its own can of problems (which happens when you insert feelings to a previously unfeeling monster), so Saidenn is very often the first to bear the brunt of any spillover feelings, to the point where I'm sure it tests the limits of his patience.

I also feel that given the additions and changes to Saidenn's personal life, he is still struggling to find the balance between fulfilling his roles in leadership and partitioning the rest of his time to fit in people as well as activities that are deemed important to him. While he is certainly getting better over time, he definitely needs to learn to take a breather sometimes, how to say no more often, when to put his foot down, and also to re-evaluate his priorities.

What I do appreciate about Saidenn, however, is his different approach to leadership and way of doing things that he is bringing along with his youthfulness. It has brought a lot of new life and activity into the Archivists, and that has personally brought renewed excitement into the way I approach the game. I can't speak for Spinesreach, but as a Thronekeeper of Bloodloch, it's nice to be reassured that our allied city on the same tether continues to have a reasonable Chair, capable of reason and there to lend support, if necessary.

As a player, I absolutely find joy in interacting with your character, not only because it is rare to find someone who goes into the intricacies and tics of an anthropomorphic person, but also because for a character with a really plain background, you have managed to create so much depth in his personality and motivations that every time I get the opportunity to roleplay with you, there's always something different to observe, learn, and explore. Your character's increasing fascination with Numerology is well-demonstrated on a visible progress scale, and chief of all, your emotes are written really well.

Tldr; You better not quit on me, I'm having a blast RPing with you when we find the opportunity to do so, and thanks for bringing such a rich environment of fun to my experience of the game.

I look forward to Saidenn's further maturation and future interactions, and hope that Elene can continue to play her role in that process.

EDIT: SORRY I TOLD MYSELF NOT TO GO ALL LONGFORM BUT I DID. NOT SORRY.
    Saidenn
  • So, I've only had the chance for a few snippets of RP with Saidenn after sermons, but it's always a pleasure. The one time we really did get to chat more was at one of the Waterfyre festivals where they totally nerded out about Kai's book on the direhop bloatfish. It was at this moment that I knew I wanted to find time to RP more with you.

I can tell Saidenn and Kaiara will be the best of geek frenemies at some point here.
    Saidenn
  • Do I actually RP these days? Do I just PK, hand out credits, and rant about something on web?

Who knows!? You tell me!
    Reave
  • jewelry cat rocks
    Saidenn