Announce post #3089: Real May Promo

AutoposterAutoposter BotBot
edited May 2020 in Announce posts
I've got a weird month for you, because it's a weird time! I'm sorry this took a bit, I broke the old crates and had to redo them.

Announcing the return of relic crates and crowbars! I've made some adjustments, so do read what's different. PREPARE YOUR SHOVELS

Crates come in two varieties, stamped and unstamped. Stamped crates have the HELP RELIC COLLECTIONS number of the relics collection that will be contained within, while unstamped could have anything. Stamped always have three relic pieces. Unstamped have 1-3. HELP RELIC CRATES

A crate requires a crowbar to open. These are available for direct purchase on the website, and from the Crate Hide events that we'll be running all month. Crate Hide events will announce an area and some number of crates and crowbars will be given to the denizens and buried there. Luck!

The crate relic pieces are from pretty much every set ever, though I've skipped a number that were broken or discontinued. You'll be able to find flair, veils, shrouds, artifacts, hunter's pieces, pretty much everything! (specifically, collections 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, and 29. Yes, I know a few major sets are missing and I might be convinced, but I'm scared of being outright P2W with this.)

The website also has crate collections for sale! These crates are set up according to HELP RELIC COLLECTIONS. They still require a crowbar, but every one contains 2 relic pieces from the group they represent, and one from the everything collection. They're priced according to the group involved. That means that if you really want a piece from the hunter's set, you can just get them. (The prices are averaged so that the crowbar is included in the value... so 5x crowbars + 5x crates ~= the value of all the pieces during a sale)

The CRATE verb will allow you to convert the crowbars/crate to bound credits if you don't want to participate. We'll just give you the average value of the crate/crowbar in bound credits. BORING. Please note that free crates found from Crate Hide default to a value of 0. HELP CRATE HIDE

On the 15th, I'll turn on the artifact cart! Then you can use the website to directly purchase artifacts at a reduced price. At that time I'll also announce whatever cart exclusives will be available.

On the 15th, I'll turn on the salvage sale! Every 100 credits bought will be rewarded a piece of salvage. Salvage is normally valued at 200cr, so that's kinda crazy.

-T

PS. I am not after your stimulus checks. These are all by request, and some against my protestations even at that. Please, please do not overspend just because you're trapped at home. :)

PPS. In my new method of ranking sales for analysis, this is a (4, 2) followed by a (5, 1) and a (5, 1). Interesting data will be collected!

PPPS. YES, later this month I'll push the changes to make a relic cache. I realize pieces are going to be everywhere

PPPPS. I've edited this to try to explain better, in case this looks heavily gambling or confusing. A crate holds 2 pieces from its set of some value, plus a third from just about any set. So, let's say those pieces all trade in for 15cr total. The price for the crate on the website will be whatever that 15cr SHOULD cost, minus the price of a crowbar. So, if you should find a crowbar in a Crate Hide, you are getting the crate at a discount (on top of the typical sale discount). Or, you could find a crate and a crowbar and pay nothing. Or you can skip hunting entirely, and just buy the crate + crowbar to open it, in which case the combined cost would be the value of the contents at a sale price.

Comments

• I am not after your stimulus checks.

For salvage? Take my stimulus check, my stripper money and my first born!  :D

Iesid
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Drystin said:

I am not after your stimulus checks.

Is it odd that I thought for a moment that you worked as a stripper based on the way you worded that?
    ArbreSaritaEleneEscelikaIesidDrystinRhine
  • Benedicto said:

Drystin said:

Is it odd that I thought for a moment that you worked as a stripper based on the way you worded that?
    How do you know he doesn't?
  • Benedicto said:

Well, that salvage isn't gonna buy itself!  ;)
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    My only contention with this current promo (and it's probably my absolute least favorite promo) is the double dipping cost. You need to spend $25 for the 10 chests... and then another $50 for 10 crowbars to OPEN those chests. So to open 10 chests, I need to spend $75. I feel like you would get more bang for your buck if it was a shared cost. $25 for 10 chests + crowbars.

IazamatDarimRhine
  • TiurTiur Producer
    edited May 2020
    This is the headache I have with this promo, and why no other IRE will ever copy me for it. The cost is factored so that (crowbar+crate) = correct. That way, if you get a crowbar or crate for free, you don't have to buy both at once. It's a promo where you can have a half-win. But it's just super misunderstood and I'm not sure how to explain it easier. The math is literally
    Crate Package Value = ((single crate value)*10 - (10crowbar value))
    Now, if it's just because those two added together is too much, fair. But I don't set credit values.
    Rebra
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    @Tiur Hmmm. I suppose that's fair and thank you for the break down.

Speaking of the promos and the breakdowns.... would it be possible (for those who do want to purchase crates + crowbars) to add in an option for a complete package (crowbaw+crate)?

Right now you need to make 3 separate transactions for 1 crate set + 10 crowbars. (2 if you buy the 15 crowbar package, but then you're +5 crowbars). Not gonna lie, my bank is going to be calling me and asking me why I've made three transactions within minutes of each other if I do this.

• TiurTiur Producer
    Sure! Which sets would people like in those combos? Because I have to make them manually
  • Yeah, you've kinda made a 10-hot-dogs/8-buns problem here. There's no clean way to get exactly the amounts you want without multiple orders.
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Tiur said:

Sure! Which sets would people like in those combos? Because I have to make them manually

I would say Collection 7 and Collection 8.