4/1/2020 at 0:24
Tiur, the Gnosis
Classleads and Promo
Hello everyone, be nice because this is my first time! While I'm sad that Luke won't be with us, I am glad that I'll be able to directly affect the side of the game he usually hit me with a newspaper and yelled "NO!" over.
BTW: Promo is delayed until April 2nd because this is apparently a LOT of work.
Well, it's that time of year again, and thus begins a new cycle for classleads! The second quarterly cycle is now open for submissions, and the only class restriction is that they need to be tethered. Untethered classes are a waste of resources.
Submissions will be open for TWO WEEKS in which you will be able get a report in for consideration. Once this time frame is up, there will be THREE DAYS to vote before I will start posting decisions. You can still vote early as per normal, but the extra three days will be there to avoid the feeling of late reports purposefully being submitted to be snuck through near the end.
For the record, make sure you cast your vote purely upon the merit of a report. Basing your vote entirely on perceived intentions (or meme'ing) will most likely get your vote nulled by me as I read through. Don't do it if your vote is important to you. As with many things in Aetolia, the "Make Tiur Laugh" rule applies. Things that make me laugh get unfair extra attention.
If you're new, continue on below for more information on classleads. If you're old, read HELP CLASSLEAD GUIDELINES at the very least.
What are classleads:
Classleads are a two week period that allows players to submit reports about their class (or other classes, or even generic skills) for review by the administration. Struggling to land that finishing blow as a Zealot? Then this is what you've been waiting for!
Make sure to read through HELP CLASSLEADS to learn the commands needed to make and submit your reports, and I also highly recommend HELP CLASSLEAD GUIDELINES to help avoid common potholes when creating your submissions.
If you want to keep track of submissions and results, have a look at CONFIG CLASSLEADS and consider turning it on.
Details on submission:
* You may submit up to a total of three reports across the skillsets of the game to suggest combat balance adjustments, new features, or quality of life upgrades. Please note that this three report limit is only for each character, as other characters you play might have different RP opinions.
* Reports that are based on skills you do not possess will be deleted.
* - NEW! Any discussion of damage quantity or speed will require accurate statistical assessment. If you can, please submit an ANOVA table to save me time of working on your variances.
* While you must provide reasonable solutions to your report's problem, we may opt for a fourth solution instead based upon feedback.
* Once a report is submitted, -anyone- may vote upon its merit using the CLASSLEAD <#> SUPPORT/REJECT <reason> commands. If you wish to support/reject a report, please provide your reasoning and make sure to point out any shortcomings or additions you feel might be necessary. You may also simply leave a comment using CLASSLEAD <#> COMMENT <reason>, if you wish for a more neutral approach.
* - NEW! Everyone's vote has a weight. Because we don't want to start everyone at 1, each person's weight will be a rolling average of esteems they've received per day over the past five weeks. This way people who have significant impact on the game as a whole can affect the balance of combat.
* Any commentary which basically boils down to 'I agree with my bud' or 'This is a terrible idea' will automatically be discarded, and will you hurt your chances at passing through reports in future rounds. If you can consistently provide level-headed thought and in depth knowledge then your opinions will be valued more highly over others.
* You can use REPORTS ABSTAINED and REPORTS UNCOMMENTED to find submitted reports you have not voted upon or commented.
Penned by my hand on Gosday, the 11th of Severin, in the year 487 MA.