The Saga of Savas's Feathers! (With a side of Horkval love poetry)

When Savas first arrived from the Isle Robyn got fixated on his feathers, she thought they were pretty and would make a good cloak. Ever since she's been harassing him about those feathers which leads to some silliness at times.

You follow Savas to the southeast.
Dingy common room of the "Hound and Halberd" Tavern.
--- Area 105: Spinesreach -------- v14391 ---

[$] [ ]
| |
[^]-[ ]- - -[ ] [=] [ ]- - -[ ]-[^]
| \ / |
[ ] [_] [ ]
| | |
| [_] | [$]
| | | /
-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]- - -[ ]- - -[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[$]
| | / | \ | | |
[$] [$] [$] | [+] [$] [$] [ ]
| | | |
[H] [$] [B] [ ]
\ / | \ /
[ ] [$] [B] / | \ [H] [$] [ ]-[H]
| \ | / | \ | /
[G] [$]-[ ] [$]-[C]-[$] [ ]-[$]
| | |
[$]-[ ] [W]-[ ] [ ]-[$]
/ | \ | / |
[$] [ ] \ | / [_]-[ ]
| \ | /
------------------ 1:-1:0 -------------------
A glass jar stands here, a label on its side indicating its purpose for collecting tips. A beautiful, blue Idreth female rests between two mounds of carved ice. A grizzled bartender mans the tavern's counter, his single eye scanning the room. There are 3 monolith sigils here. A serving wench bustles about here, delivering drinks between handling roulette bets. An opulent roulette wheel lies here horizontally, tempting those with a taste for risk. An ammolite-topped obsidian table stands here. A vanadium pike with the decapitated head of Yedan has been erected. Flames flicker about a stallion here and shed faint light onto the surroundings. There are 4 halberd-etched black wine glasses here. Ominiously silent, a white warhound stands here, teeth bared. Ominiously silent, a sable warhound stands here, teeth bared. Ayastia is here, pondering the situation. She wields a blackened warhammer
in her hands. Maera perches on a stool at the bar, a book in her hands. She wields a small codex in her left hand and a tower shield in her right. Shadow Warden Tatia Vilandra-Seirath is here, hidden. She wields a gem-studded shattered heart warhammer in her hands. You see a sign here instructing you that WARES is the command to see what is for sale. A single stocking has been hung up here.
You see exits leading south (open pine door), northwest (open pine door), and down (closed pine
door).

Squire Ayastia Aldrati laughingly says, "I could use some underwear that goes with it."

Savas inclines his head politely to those around him.

Ayastia raises her hand in greeting and enthusiastically calls out, "Hiya!"

The sounds of construction echo outward from the outer city, followed by the occasional curse or two.

You have emoted: Robyn climbs up on the bar and watches expectantly.

"What a humorous text," Maera muses, flipping through a personal journal entitled, "Best Loved Erotic Poems of the Horkval by the Horkval Queen".

Tatia eyes Ayastia, giving her the once over.

Shadow Warden Tatia Vilandra-Seirath says to Ayastia, "What kind?"

"Love of Mandibles," Maera declares, turning back to the front of the journal, straightening her back and becoming very solemn. "How strong and protruding your mandibles stand! Their points glisten with freshly drawn blood that causes much excitement in me, my love." As she reads, her voice carries a slight droning manner.

The loud sound of thunder rolls through the skies, shaking the air around you.

Maera says, "How fierce and masculine your mandibles are!"

The corners of Savas's mouth turn up as he grins mischievously.

Tatia lifts a hand to cover her laugh, turning her head slightly while her shoulder rise and fall.

You sign out: Imma go on record here and just say I don't 'get' the attraction.

Maera moves down the page with a finger. "Truly a sign of your prowess and magnificence," she recites, "I know my eggs will be strong, my love."

Savas signs Between Horkval?

You sign out: To mandibles! I mean....they are kinda creeptastic.

"How delicate and precious your mandibles seem!" Maera declares, one of her feather-fin ears twitching, "To me they are the sweetness that draws me to you - your mandibles are all I love in you." She falls into silence, eyes darting back and forth to study the crowd as she states, "The end."

Tatia lowers her hand from her face while trying to contain her snickering and claps towards Maera. "Encore!"

Maera crosses her legs, a flowing black silk skirt shifting into place around them as she turns the page. "My Hardening Shell," she claims the title is of the next piece, clearing her throat a bit.

(Market): You say, "Poetry readings in the Hound & Halberd in Spinesreach, come join us!"

You grin mischievously at Maera.

Squire Ayastia Aldrati says, "One shallow horkvali there. Loving only the mandibles."

The corners of Ayastia's mouth turn up as she grins mischievously.

"Thank you," Maera enthuses to you, clearing her throat again to repeat herself: "My Hardening Shell. In the days after a molt, my shell stands soft and vulnerable. Pliant to the touch - I am defenseless."

Savas Sicarius says, "Oh no."

Lifting a finger to shush Savas silently, Maera says, "But as the sun passes thrice, my shell
becomes hard, and can stand up to the best crafted of swords. I am a proud Horkval once again."

Contemplatively, you say, "There's been a few times I've kinda wished I could shed my skin. Might be something to that!

"Much it is with you, for when I am in your arms, I am soft and weak," Maera continues to recite, her face keeping its apathy, "But in me, you arouse passion, and I become strong and hardened."

Savas can't take it anymore and breaks out in a laugh that he tries to stifle with the back of his hand.

Maera says to you, "We haven't even gotten to the sexual cannibalism yet."

You open your mouth but say nothing.

"Your Antennae Glisten," Maera states, after flipping the page, as if she didn't just mention sexual cannibalism. "Behold! In the candle light your antennae, long and proud, rub against my groin - flaring within me an excitement unbridled," she reads off, pausing for a breath, "Bestial, and destructive. How the candlelight makes them glisten, and mirror my arousal."

Ayastia shakes her head, eyes widening as she whispers, "What hell have I brought upon us?"

Maera tilts her head, eyes blinking a couple times. "...what strange individuals the Horkval are," she murmurs.

Shifting on her seat, Maera says, "Ah, the next one is: Will I Devour Thee, Or Cuddle?"

You have emoted: Robyn slams her mouth closed with an audible *snap* of her fangs and sits on her hands so she can't sign either.

Swara arrives from the northwest.

Savas winks knowingly at you.

Savas inclines his head politely to Swara.

Squire Ayastia Aldrati exclaims, "Just in time!"

Entering quietly, Swara inclines her head and settles down at a table in the back with a faint smile.

"Will I devour thee, or cuddle, father of my brood?" Maera questions, leaning forward as she recites the next piece of questionable poetry, "You have served your purpose, and now you bore me." There's a dismissive, webbed-finger swish of her hand. "I will admit your prowess in pleasing me was great - but now I am sated, and will care for my eggs until they hatch, and my little ones grow to maturity."

Savas grins mischievously at Swara.

Soberly, with a bored affect, Maera says, "You offer me little now. I shall mate with you once more, and in that final moment of passion: end it."

Ayastia opens her mouth but says nothing.

Squire Ayastia Aldrati says, "I need a drink? Anybody else need a drink?"

Savas Sicarius says, "Horkval certainly lead simpler lives."

Swara lifts her eyebrows. "Well saves the heartbreak I guess. A couple sexual encounters and bam," she muses.

Maera lifts her head, blinking twice. "I would like some tea. I suspect they don't sell tea here..."

You have emoted: Robyn unhinges her jaw, "Well there's certainly less drama that way?" She says practically.

Maera says to you, "It sounds like they must be low on males if they keep eating them."

Ayastia snickers under her breath.

Squire Ayastia Aldrati smiles impishly and says, "Is that such a bad thing?"

Dryly, Savas Sicarius says, "Yeah, screw men!"

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across the lips of Swara as she glances at Ayastia.

You have emoted: Robyn looks around the room, "We might need to issue a public safety announcement to all the men of Sapience in regards to mating with female horkval." She says slowly, a frown marring her normally smooth brow.

Swara's eyes sparkle with amusement as she gazes upon Savas.

"I encourage drinks. There are only three poems left," Maera suggests.

Savas drinks the last drops from a battered iron cup with traces of a black cherry infused chocolate cocktail.

Maera says, "You Make Me Want to Molt."

Shadus Swara, the Trash Panda says, "Only if we issue a mental health safety announcement about mating with any male."

You have emoted: "Hey!!!" Robyn sputters out indignantly, "I happen to like a bunch of people who are male. Let's not have them disappeared down a horkval maw!"

Swara's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Swara seems to think for a moment before nodding slowly at Maera.

Squire Ayastia Aldrati says, "Oh gods quickly bartender!"

Maera sits back a bit. "The way your arms dangle from your torso, the shell of your bare torso glistens with perspiration," she coos, "Your antennae rub against each other provocatively - your thorax gyrates slowly to an unknown rhythm, and your mandibles whisper passionate pleas to me."

Savas Sicarius says, "OH NO."

Following a wistful sigh, Maera says, "For all these reasons, you make me weak, and you make me want to molt."

You have emoted: Amber eyes huge in her face Robyn gulps, "Can horkval even sweat with their shells?" She whispers in horror.

"Doubtful," Maera confides to you.

Ayastia slaps the bar top until she finally gets her drink, and, without hesitation, downs the cup.

Ayastia drinks from an onyx and jade teacup full of "Liquid Steel".

Ayastia drinks from an onyx and jade teacup of "Liquid Steel".

Ayastia drinks from an onyx and jade teacup of "Liquid Steel".

Ayastia drinks from an onyx and jade teacup with traces of "Liquid Steel".

Ayastia drinks the last drops from an onyx and jade teacup with traces of "Liquid Steel".

As an aside, Maera says to you, "You've been outbid. The new bid for Lord Bamathis is 750,000 gold."

You have emoted: Robyn grins, "Oh yay!"

Maera moves right on to the next one: "Your Eyes. Thousand of images radiating in your eyes," she recites, "Their dark interiors hiding the perverse acts you perform on me every night, all while your eyes slowly reflect back the imagery... Distorted and twisted..."

Maera says, "As if mirroring the obscenity of the act."

Squire Ayastia Aldrati says to Tatia, "Ering back memories?"

Tatia's eyes sparkle with amusement as she gazes upon Ayastia.

Swara clears her throat.

Swara flushes, her cheeks suffused with color.

"We've arrived to the final poem," Maera reveals to all gathered, as she flips to the last page in the journal.

Ayastia throws up her hands and cheers wildly!

Tatia gives Swara a peck on the cheek.

Maera brushes her hair off her shoulder, adjusting a hooded black, fur-trimmed cloak with a little tug. "Fertilize My Egg Sack," she states as the title of the last poem.

Savas suddenly gags without warning.

Tatia pointedly says nothing at all.

Solemnly, Maera says, "Do it to me, my proud Worker."

Squire Ayastia Aldrati says, "Oh gods noo!"

(Tells): You tell Savas, "...is it just me, or do the words 'egg' and 'sack' just NOT belong in
conjunction with one another?"

"Fertilize my egg sack and bring my children strong and powerful," Maera continues, keeping her serious droning going, "Bring me the ultimate pleasure that a Queen feels when she knows that, inside her, another living thing grows and hardens."

(Tells): Savas Sicarius tells you, "It's not just you."

Laughter and revelry can be heard on the winds, coming from the patrons of the Wintersbreeze Inn.

Maera says, "Through this act of consummated passion, we bring life to our hive, and strengthen our family."

You have emoted: Robyn interjects, "Before I eat you all."

You say, "Right?"

Squire Ayastia Aldrati says to you, "I was wondering if it would come."

Maera closes the journal with a soft 'chk', giving a little shrug of her shoulders. "It mentioned no eating. I imagine the males would be less inclined to breed if they knew," she suggests.

Ayastia claps for Maera, applauding in appreciation.

Savas claps for Maera, applauding in appreciation.

Tatia congratulates Maera with some wild clapping.

Maera leans forward, performing seated bows to the applause. "Thank you. I know my grasp of spoken word is magnificent," she claims, her tone laden with potential sarcasm.

(Tells): You tell Savas, "I suppose I must be a racist cause in my mind eggs belong in ovaries, not sacs."

Savas Sicarius asks, "Anyone here have plans to date a horkval after that?"

Swara smiles at Maera.

You have emoted: Robyn frowns, "I wonder why the idea of laying eggs like a bird isn't as disturbing as the idea of insect eggs?" She muses aloud.

Squire Ayastia Aldrati says to Savas, "Never had plans to begin with! I am no racist but..."

Ayastia shudders violently.

Tatia shakes her head.

Shadow Warden Tatia Vilandra-Seirath says, "Not ever."

"I believe my preference for male-presenting individuals means I'm safe from being eaten post-coitus," Maera deduces, "So I will keep my options open."

You have emoted: Robyn shudders, "I once saw Trikal force feed someone a bug strawberry smoothie. It was -revolting-."

Ayastia stares at you and blinks.

Squire Ayastia Aldrati says, "Axius once made me eat a candied eld. Blood and all."

Ayastia suddenly gags without warning.

Savas brings his hands to either side of his mouth, sticking his index fingers out and clicking them together. "Do my mandibles not impress you?" He asks in a poorly-feigned droning voice.

You say to Ayastia, "Yeah but he didn't SMOOSH it up in his own mouth now did he?"

Squire Ayastia Aldrati says to you, "Oh my gods! No no no no no!"

You have emoted: Robyn grins at Savas before reaching over and tugging on a feather, "No, but I'm lusting after your feathers!" She snickers, "Gimme!"

Ayastia snickers under her breath.

Squire Ayastia Aldrati says to Savas, "Do not refuse the General!"

"Yes, Mister Sicarius. Give up your feathers," Maera encourages.

"Ah fuck!" Savas swears as a feather is unceremoniously plucked from his wing. "That HURTS, General!" He chides.

You cackle hellishly at Savas.

Savas reaches back to rub at his wing, where the incident occurred.

You have emoted: Robyn clutches the purloined feather possessively to her chest, "One down, five thousand more to go!" She crows.

Tatia's eyes sparkle with amusement as she gazes upon Savas.

Ayastia's eyes sparkle with amusement as she gazes upon you.

Savas Sicarius says to you, "Yeah? Well maybe I want to pluck your hairs out and make a wig!"

Pursing her lips gently, Maera says, "I am suddenly very pleased I lack pieces that can be plucked."

Savas pinches his fingers together threateningly toward you.

"Eep!" you scream in fright.

You slip away successfully and evade your pursuers.
Grand Hallway near shops.
--- Area 105: Spinesreach -------- v12669 ---

[$] [ ]
| |
[^]-[ ]- - -[ ] [=] [ ]- - -[ ]-[^]
| \ / |
[ ] [_] [ ]
| | |
[$] | [_] | [$]
| | | |
-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]- - -[+]- - -[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-
| | | / | \ | | |
[ ] [$] [$] [$] | [$] [$] [$] [ ]
| | | | |
[ ] [H] [$] [B] [ ]
\ / | \ /
[ ] [$] [B] / | \ [H] [$] [ ]-[H]
| \ | / | \ | /
[G] [$]-[ ] [$]-[C]-[$] [ ]-[$]
| | |
[$]-[ ] [W]-[ ] [ ]-[$]
/ | \ | / |
--- Grand Hallway near shops ------ 0:0:0 ---
A stone statue resembling Trikal stands here. The remains of a grecht have been strung up on ropes, serving as a warning to would-be instigators. Sporting a sign that reads, "For Novices Only!" in front, a sturdy wooden chest is here. A marble bench hugs the hallway here, flanked by stone lions. With armored plating covered in an icy coat, a baby tlingor lumbers about on four powerful legs. A war-painted orel stands here, majestic and free. Perched on the rafters above, an ice sculpture of a grinning assassin looms overhead. A booze-drenched board has been hung here, layers of pamphlets and flyleafs nearly obscuring its heading of "Shop Directory." A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. There are 4 conscripted Spirean soldiers here. There are 4
Spirean Sciomancers here. There are 3 jherzan Archivists here. There are 2 Syssin Defenders here. There are 3 Republican guards here. A simple stand of gray iron is here. A gray-stained wooden stand is here. A sign at one side of the area indicates the presence of a novice chest.
You see exits leading east, southeast (open pine door), south, southwest (open pine door), and west.

You yell, "Bye."

Ran back to her house and havened to get away.

Rapture fills your soul and a white nimbus encompasses your body. When you open your eyes you stand within your haven.
Hanging Valley In The Mists.
--- Area 265: The Havens --------- v64122 ---

[ ] [ ]
\ /
[ ]
/
[+]

--- Hanging Valley In The Mists --- 0:0:0 ---
A comforting feeling of privacy pervades the area. Set into the floor here is a large oval portal.
You see exits leading northeast (open pine door) and down.

(Spinesreach): Ansidia says, "Hi Spinesreach."

(Spinesreach): Tatia says, "Hello, Senator."

(Spinesreach): Swara says, "Morning."

(Spinesreach): Maera says, "Good morning, Senator Qizzeke."

(Spinesreach): Aros says, "Good morning, Senator."

(Spinesreach): You say, "Hey Impress."

(Spinesreach): You say, "I'd come peck your cheek but I'm in hiding at the moment."

(Spinesreach): Ansidia says, "It's ok."

(Spinesreach): Validan says, "I like hide and seek."

(Spinesreach): You say, "WELL YOU CAN'T FIND ME WHERE I AM RIGHT NOW."

(Spinesreach): You say, "I took my feather and ran."

(Spinesreach): Savas says, "My feathers are not public domain!"

(Spinesreach): Maera says, "The General is not the public."

(Spinesreach): Tatia says, "That's not what I heard."

(Spinesreach): Kanivara says, "Quit plucking my nephew!"

(Spinesreach): You say, "....well that's good since I don't HAVE it in public!"

(Spinesreach): Ansidia says, "You got a feather?"

(Spinesreach): Ayastia says, "Tatia!!"

(Spinesreach): You say, "I may, or may not have accidentally plucked one."

(Spinesreach): Savas says, """""accidentally"""""."

(Spinesreach): You say, "Then he started talking about plucking me bald and I ran away."

(Spinesreach): Maera says, "She simply very elegantly fell towards him, and it fell out."

(Spinesreach): Maera says, "We cannot help that he has loose feathers."

(Spinesreach): Tatia says, "WHAT??"

(Spinesreach): Ansidia says, "Whose feather is this?"

(Spinesreach): Kanivara says, "Quit plucking my nephew."

(Spinesreach): Ansidia says, "Inquiring minds what to know."

(Spinesreach): You say, "Savas."

(Spinesreach): Ansidia says, "Ah a Savas feather... rare is it?"

(Spinesreach): Swara says, "Thinking about adding it to the bidding block!"

(Spinesreach): You say, "No!!! I won't give this one up damn it."

(Spinesreach): You say, "Mine!! Mine mine mine."

(Spinesreach): Maera says, "I believe that means 'accidentally get your own'."

(Spinesreach): Swara says, "Ah."

(Spinesreach): You say, "What Maera said."

(Spinesreach): Kanivara says, "You lot had better leave my nephew's feathers alone."

(Spinesreach): Savas says, "Why does everyone want to fluck me?!"

(Spinesreach): Savas says, "..."

(Spinesreach): Savas says, "PLUCK."

(Spinesreach): Kanivara says, "Ask nicely for molts you heathens."

(Spinesreach): Adeluh says, "How does one fluck you?"

(Spinesreach): Validan says, "Well then, the true feelings come out."

(Spinesreach): Maera says, "Yes, Mister Sicarius. You ought to molt for us."

(Spinesreach): Kanivara says, "By mispronouncing pluck."

(Spinesreach): You say, "Inquiring minds wanna know."

(Spinesreach): Tatia says, "Sounds like personal problems? Don't offer yourself to.. NEVER MIND."

MoxieMjollFezzixKatie