Announce post #3046: Flintbeard's Lair

1/1/2020 at 0:05
Razmael, the Synthesist
Everyone
Flintbeard's Lair

Oh no! Flintbeard is so mad at being snubbed in Celesmas events that he's kidnapped Ironbeard and locked him in the dungeon of his evil lair! Sadly, this means no more Ironbeard giving out giftbags and this will quite possibly spell the end of Celesmas forever... unless... we put together a crack team of operatives to go and rescue Ironbeard!

Flintbeard's Lair is now open for the next two weeks! This is a three-person instance with special bosses you will need to defeat in order to save Ironbeard and defeat Flintbeard. You will find the entrance located at v18093 and you can ENTER LAIR from there. Remember, you'll want to ENTER LAIR <leader> to join the instance of leader, ENTER LAIR by itself will generate a new instance under your name and you won't be able to join your friends if they already made one too.

Defeat Flintbeard, save Celesmas, and not only will you get a new fame line, but Ironbeard will give all three of you a giftbag each as thanks! You can only receive the giftbag once per Howling (it'll show on COOLDOWNS) however, so keep that in mind!

There's also a shop at the lair's entrance run by Gilbert Ratsmoke, Flintbeard's #1 fan and stalker. He'll exchange you some novelty items in exchange for Flintbeard's autograph that you might find while in the lair. The autographs don't drop from Flintbeard or a boss, but I'm sure you'll find some! You can get three total per instance (so make sure to give one to each to your friends that joined you!) and the only cooldown on getting them is waiting for your instance to reset.

Here's the details on what Gilbert sells (he also explains this for future reference):
+ Ironbeard and Flintbeard plush toys. SQUEEZE them for a response.
+ A snow shovel. Lets you ROLL SNOWMAN in all the places that you can ROLL SNOWBALL (icy/snow rooms, or rooms actively snowing).
- They'll slowly melt when the area temperature is above freezing.
+ Celesmas-themed flair, chrysalis and phylactery relics.
- They come in fragments and you need 3 of each to assemble them!
+ Fuzzy felt antlers that minipets can wear!
- MINIPET WEAR <item>, will modify the minipet's appearance to be 'a small kitten wearing fuzzy felt antlers'.
+ Snowshoe hare - a minipet!
+ Festively-garbed boar - a mount!
- Like other event mounts, it doesn't reset so be careful.

P.S. I've enabled speedruns, but it's purely for fun this time around. We're not giving an extra reward or fame line for it!

Penned by my hand on Falsday, the 15th of Arios, in the year 485 MA.
Moxie

Comments

• ALL THE LOVE FOR FUZZY FELT ANTLERS

(Illuminai): Saltz says, "Moxie is just doing the Moxie thing to do, often misinterpreted."

(Tells): Sir Iames Gallant, the Executioner tells you, "The one Illuminai beyond prayer, I swear."

Valingar: "How could a daughter of me, the most noble man in the south, be so heartless?"

(Tells): Haven Locke, Illuminai Khimaira tells you, "Be that as it may, I've also seen the strength in you. You can take care of yourself."
    DrystinDristin
  • I really enjoyed the dungeon, very fun.
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
    StineRhine