A Knight Rises

AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
After a little over 515 hours played in the last 2 months, I got to do my Knighting. It was quite the journey, and the log will be in the spoiler below. It was a lot of fun to do and thanks to everyone who attended and specifically @Benedicto for doing it and @Ethne for being able to come and @Czcibor for logging it.

Sparks of ember join the crash of a hammer on an anvil, igniting into a towering swirl of flame. The figure of Ethne, the Rekindled, emerges from the center of
the fire.

Ethne inclines Her head politely to those around Her.

Aloli arrives from the east.

Stine enters from the south, followed by Jhura.

Iesid enters from the south, followed by Sekeres.

Melantha arrives from the south.

Stine places his fingers to his mouth, pausing for a moment before blowing hard, creating a sharp, carrying whistle.
A grotesque bloodeye widow trots in, beckoned by its master's call.

Stine slaps a grotesque bloodeye widow on the rump and sends it cantering off.

Didi inclines her head politely to those around her.

Skiva has burst back to life after falling to an ogre berserker.

Melantha places her palms together in front of her chest and bows respectfully.

Melantha's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Ethne smiles at Melantha.

Sekeres clenches her right fist and pounds her chest thrice in rapid succession, symbolizing the vibrant heart that beats within.

Aloli returns to the assembly and catches Ethne. "Lady Ethne, it is a pleasure to see You."

Tybereus has been mercilessly hacked to pieces by an ogre berserker.

Didi performs a graceful curtsey.

Jhura performs a graceful curtsey towards Ethne.

Ethne, the Rekindled says, "It is good to be seen. My legs needed a bit of a stretch."

The Vigil's Assembly.
Easily two stories tall and lit with a great line of windows to the north, this is a grand space. Great braziers have been suspended from the ceiling, the oil
scented with herbs and enlivening as its smoke diffuses into the air. Rows of benches line a central aisle, a broad dais centered in the northern quarter
clearly serving as a platform for speech or presentation. Archways lead off to the east and west, the scents of flora and rustle of wings occasionally drifting
in when the coastal breezes stir. The eastern wall is a resilient display of war-time service and community; one after another in rank and file, shields bearing
the device of each Knight of the Order have been hung, the Templar of the Vigil assembled with honour and prestige. The cloak of Yanda Seluno hangs on the
northern wall in white, draping folds. The east and west walls are adorned with the shields of honoured Templars. Resting on the ground is a cube-shaped silver
sigil. Didi Lionheart is here. She wields an ornate steel rapier in her left hand and a thin metallic firestick in her right. Iesid Mulariad, the Nightmare's
Seer is here. Jhura Neiretrey is here. Huntress Sekeres Dark-Wing is here. She wields a Shamanic quarterstaff in her hands. Sir Stine D. Emerson is here. Noon
Cardinalis is here. He is riding on a mud-coated hippo. He wields a kite shield in his left hand and an iron-tipped whip in his right. Melantha, fio Raimuv
Cyraeni is here, fire billowing around her feet. Waves of heat distort the image of Ethne, the Rekindled. She wields Ethne's waraxe in Her left hand and Ethne's
shield in Her right. Abbess Aloli Gallant is here.
You see exits leading east, south, and west.

Iesid offers a nod to Ethne, his head remaining bowed for a moment longer in silent respect.

Melantha smiles at Ethne.

Ethne, the Rekindled says to Melantha, "We will still speak soon."

Sekeres's wide eyes turn toward Ethne as she draws up her mask. She fluidly bows, her staff drawn to her chest. "I am honored to make Your acquaintance, Lady,"
she intones with a smile.

Melantha, fio Raimuv Cyraeni smiles and says to Ethne, "I look forward to it, my Lady."

Ethne, the Rekindled says to Sekeres, "Well met, child."

Aloli manages a weak smile to the bright Goddess. The woman looks like she has seen a ghost a few moments earlier. Something occurs to her and she was about to
ask something of Ethne then decides better of it and silently heads to the front of the assembly to take a seat.

Lexen leaves to the south.

Lexen arrives from the south.

You say, "Our Aspirant is late."

Aloli's attention is caught on Stine before she settles into her chair but her lips thin and looks ahead as she answers, "He's going through preparations with
the Pentarch."

Sekeres nods slightly, her cheeks rising with a tawny shade. She plants her staff and stands to the side of Iesid, peering up with a little smile. On seeing
Aloli, she cannot restrain a cheery wave.

Curiously, Ethne, the Rekindled says, "I was about to say. I just was with the pair."

Didi nods her head sagely.

Lexen leaves to the south.

"It is a very momentous occasion. You are only knighted once - hopefully, anyways," Iesid comments wryly. His eyes settle on the white cloak of Yanda Seluno, a
smile flitting along his thin lips for just a moment.

Lexen arrives from the west.

Aloli shares something from her experience with her son's Knighting, "From what I know, back when Sir Iames was ready for his Knighting, the Pentarch helps them
prepare and there's a private ritual involved."

Benedicto arrives from the south.

Quickly snapping to a rigid stance, the Templar Knights lining the room bring their weapons to a vertical position in front of their chests in an alert posture
of respect.

Benedicto strides purposefully down the central aisle of the Vigil, acknowledging the collective, armor-rattling salute with an approving nod of his head. Under
one arm he carries a large, cloth-covered object which he deposits, upright, at the foot of the dais. He moves up the steps to stand above the hidden object.
"Templar, assembled friends and--" He bows in the direction of Ethne. "--revered Divine!" He begins, addressing the assemblage, his arms stretched forth as
though to encompass everyone. "This. This is truly a joyous day." He pauses, pearl-white eyes sweeping over you. "We are here to celebrate the coming of a new
Templar Knight." So saying, he motions with a webbed hand, drawing your attention towards the entrance to the Vigil.

Aeryx arrives from the south.

The Templar Knights lining the room bang their weapons rhythmically against their shields, a unified heartbeat against their emblazoned crests.

A cloaked figure cuts a glance around the assembled before his eyes fall on Stine. The Idreth's lips quirk into a half frown before Benedicto and then Aeryx
enter, and he moves to stand at the foot of the dais, next to the covered object, standing at attention.

Benedicto nods towards Aeryx, indicating the space at the foot of the dais. To those gathered, he formally declares, "We are gathered to witness the swearing of
an oath and the acceptance of the burden of duty." He lowers his pearlescent stare back to Aeryx whilst the clatter and banging continues.

Aeryx walks towards the dais, his nervous nature apparent as he gazes at all those in attendance. He gulps nervously as he takes his place at the foot of the
dais.

Lexen deftly lowers the hood of a cloak of obscurity, revealing his identity.

Raises his hands, silencing the din. Benedicto's tenor voice reverberates within the Assembly. "Knighthood is not just a title, nor is it merely a position. A
Knight is the embodiment of duty. Duty to the Templarate, to the Beacon, to the Cycle, and world. At its core it is the duty to ensure that the Light may
withstand the dark with integrity."

Benedicto Silverain asks Aeryx, "Are you prepared to undertake it?"

Didi tilts her head and listens intently.

Aeryx nods eagerly in agreement. "Yes, I am, sir." he says, before gulping nervously once more.

Benedicto lifts his head proudly, gazing out once more over the assembled folk. His voice resonates as he questions Aeryx, "Where there are the weak, the
helpless, and the broken, will you raise your shield and defend them?"
Melantha takes a drink from a green crystal Celesmas vial.

Aeryx nods once more. He says, "Yes, always, I shall."

Benedicto Silverain asks Aeryx, "Where there are those who are lost, seeking redemption, or in need of aid, will you raise your voice to guide them?"

Knight-Aspirant Aeryx Verite says to Benedicto, "I swear it so."

The light of the hall toys along the folds of Yanda's cloak, for a moment making it seem all the brighter.

"Where there is chaos, conflict, and temptation, will you endeavour to stay your blade? To listen, remain pure of mind and judgement and thus pierce through the
veils of Artifice and Corruption?" Benedicto asks, his pearl-white eyes momentarily finding Stine and then Aloli before sliding quickly back to Aeryx.

Stine stiffens slightly as he looks on from his spot near the back, arms crossing over his chest.

A goggle-bearing hound blinks into existence and falls into line behind Stine.

Aeryx nods in agreement once more before repeating, "Yes, I swear it so."

Aloli bows her head after making eye contact with Benedicto, choosing now to listen only. Her hands come together on her lap and she exhales a slow and very
controlled breath.

Sekeres uses Enchantment Waterwalking.
As Sekeres touches a hemp rope choker with wooden beadwork, a steady blast of air fans out from beneath her feet, lightening her steps.

Benedicto pulls Syvelium's blade from his weaponbelt fluidly.
Benedicto starts to wield Syvelium's blade in his left hand.

Benedicto draws forth Syvelium's blade from a peace-tied, shackled sheath strapped across his back. The blade is dull, unassuming and simple in his hand.
"Kneel." He commands Aeryx.

A war turtle blinks into existence and falls into line behind Benedicto.

Aeryx kneels silently as commanded, looking up as he does, his demeanor now calmer than before.

Aloli looks up to watch Aeryx.

Sternly, Benedicto Silverain says to Aeryx, "Honor - Courage - Loyalty. Conviction - Truth - Mercy. The merged tenets of the Paladin and Templar now weigh heavy
upon your shoulders. Speak your oath."

Knight-Aspirant Aeryx Verite says, "I swear to always uphold the laws and moral values of the Templar Knights and the city of Enorian. I swear to always protect
the innocent, and offer redemption to those who seek it. I swear here and now to make every attempt to never do anything that would dishonor myself, my family,
or my guild and city..."

Lexen's chin raises noticeably, pride evident in his gaze as he watches Aeryx recite his oath to the exclusion of all else.

Knight-Aspirant Aeryx Verite says, "I swear to bring justice to those who deserve it most, and to never waver in our pursuit of the Age of Dawn."

In search of food, an awkwardly armoured chicken struts in.

Didi pats an awkwardly armoured chicken in a friendly manner.

Knight-Aspirant Aeryx Verite says, "Lastly, I swear to strive to be the best I can be all those attending who have ever spent any amount of time and effort into
my learning and improvement."

Didi gives a GIGANTIC pincher a tight hug.

A falcon shimmers into existence before you.

"You, Templar, family and allies all, do you believe the oath of this Aspirant?!" Benedicto demands, raising his voice to you, the audience, as a whole.

Raising her voice to be heard, Melantha says firmly, "Aye."

"I do." Aloli answers in a soft tone.

"Sure!" Didi says agreeably.

Simply, Ethne, the Rekindled says, "Indeed."

Lexen offers a silent nod of affirmation, still otherwise remaining at attention with his focus on Aeryx.

Sekeres's thin mouth lifts in a wild gash of a smile as she nods once.

Battle commendations at risk of being eaten, an awkwardly armoured chicken struts away in search of food.

You have emoted: Czcibor offers a silent nod as he attentively watches the ceremony.

His violet eyes wide, Iesid nods along to Benedicto's question.

In search of food, an awkwardly armoured chicken struts in.

Jhura Neiretrey says, "Aye."

Battle commendations at risk of being eaten, an awkwardly armoured chicken struts away in search of food.

Aeryx takes a drink from a vial of the hunt.

Frustrated swearing can be heard from the forge, followed by the clattering of metal being tossed aside.

Benedicto smiles, nodding in satisfaction. "We are well content, Aspirant." He states, lowering his stare to Aeryx. At a signal from the Kelki, Krue Havardson,
Steward of the Vigil, swiftly emerges from his position in the wings to hand a Knight's draping white cloak to him. Duty discharged, the dwarf raises his
shortsword, pressing it against the azure of his uniform. Finally, he withdraws, moving away from the Pentarch.

Benedicto grips the material of a Knight's draping white cloak, shaking it out so that he can drape it over the shoulders of Aeryx in a cascade of snowy white.
"As Yanda said to Syvelium, honor our values and foundation, and let the righteousness of our cause shelter you. Lead, and guide, with the purity of Light and
Truth." The Kelki declares, looking proudly down at the young man.

Benedicto gives a Knight's draping white cloak to Aeryx.

It is now dawn on Falsday, the 11th of Severin, year 485 of the Midnight Age.

A bloom of iron and light flares to greet the sun, freshening the air with the tang of metal and herbs.
A serene whisper fills the air as the myriad tiles along a figurine of Damariel pivot and turn in their settings, rearranging into a new aspect of the Unbound.

A rush of color fills the skies of Enorian as paradise birds take wing, descending from their roosts upon the Temple into the city below.

A ringing chime sings out from the Ascendril Lighthouse, announcing that breakfast has been laid out.

The Gods' bells sing out from the Temple, with the bell of Ethne, the Rekindled at the forefront, heralding the coming dawn.

Benedicto raises Syvelium's blade towards the sky, a brilliant white light flaring before sinking into the metal, illuminating the blade with a pure glow.

The bell of the Unbound Lord rings out low and sonorous, beckoning the citizens to morning prayer.

The tones of the Gods' bells fade away, leaving the dawn sky silent.

A growing din emanates from the Templar Vigil as men and women begin the day's work.

Aeryx shrugs off a resplendent cape of righteousness.

Aloli smiles warmly as she watches the donning of the cloak and the illuminated blade.

Benedicto lowers Syvelium's illuminated blade to touch Aeryx's right shoulder. "I thus anoint you - Sir Aeryx Verite, Templar Knight," He announces. "Bound in
duty." The blade moves to tap his opposite shoulder. "And honour." The blade arcs and taps the first shoulder again. "And in Light." The blade is lowered, still
glowing with an intense white. "Arise, Sir Aeryx!" He finishes, drawing the blade upright and before him in the formal armed-salute of the Templar. "Go forth
and fulfil your duty so that when you must face the Underking in His halls, you may know no regret or shame."

Iesid takes a drink from a glass vial.

Didi hums a happy tune.

Noon nods his head at Aeryx.

"Sir Aeryx Verite!" Benedicto calls out, presenting Aeryx to the assemblage whilst simultaneously stepping to one side and ripping the covering from the hidden
object behind him.

Aeryx stands up slowly, before facing the crowd. He says, "Yes sir, I will always do my best! For duty, and the Light!" before smiling proudly.

Benedicto displays a lion and sun tower shield of silver and sable for all to see:
Tall and broad enough to protect almost three-quarters of the body when wielded, this tower shield has been built to be stalwart and durable, forged with a
steel face banded around the edges with a raised trim of riveted, black-tinted metal. The shield's shape, while largely rectangular and slightly curved to be
more easily strapped to a limb, possesses a triangular-shaped protrusion on the top and bottom of the shield - seemingly a decorative choice meant to more
easily differentiate the shield from others of the tower style. On the back side, a set of heavy, adjustable leather straps has been affixed to enable the
shield to be wielded and secured. The shield face is easily the most elaborate part of the piece, painted with great care. On the worn left, a white lion
rampant over a field of black holds a red mace aloft in one claw, presenting a red blade glowing purple in profile with the other. The sword is strangled by a
growth of encroaching thorn vines, wrapping about the blade. On the worn right, centered overhead on a field of white, a blood-red sun is radiant, its center a
stern, fatherly face. From it, three rays stream across the fields of the shield, ever-expanding, from right to left diagonally, illuminating the purity of
white with sanguine red and the shroud of black with silver brilliance.

A rallying shout sounds from the Vigil, sending the clattering of weapons to echo through the streets of Enorian - the Templars welcome the triumph of Aeryx as
they join the ranks of Knighthood.

Aloli stands from her seat and lifts her voice to echo the gathered in celebration, "Congratulations, Sir Aeryx."

In unison, the Templar Knights lining the room echo a resounding, "HUZZAH!"

Benedicto affixes a lion and sun tower shield of silver and sable to its proper place upon a towering wall of shields.

Melantha, fio Raimuv Cyraeni smiles and says, "Congratulations indeed, Sir Aeryx."

Smiling whilst he addresses everyone, Benedicto Silverain says, "Thank you all for your attendance and for your presence as the mantle is passed and another
Knight rises. Let us honor him."

(Enorian): Oonagh says, "Never falter in your discipline Beacon, Aeryx is but one of the many of us with drive for success in the name of the Light. Be it by
martial strength, knowledge, or the company one keeps, let this new Knight be an example to the magnificence the Light represents."

Ethne lifts Her stoic gaze towards Aeryx. She gives a firm nod of Her head once before looking off into the sky.

(Enorian): Oonagh says, "The Beacon celebrates you this day, Knight. You have demonstrated conviction."

The towering form of the Rekindled dissolves into swirling trails of flame, each gradually dimming and cooling to embers.

So saying, Benedicto begins a round of applause for Aeryx, clapping his webbed hands together enthusiastically. "Let us have a cheer for our newest Knight, to
Sir Aeryx Verite! Hip Hip..."

Melantha, fio Raimuv Cyraeni exclaims, "Hooray!"

You see Iesid turn to yell out, "HOORAY!!"

"Bravo!" Didi cries as she claps her hands delightedly.

In unison, the Templar Knights lining the room echo a resounding, "HUZZAH!"

Benedicto throws his arms high into the air and shouts, "Huzzah!" at the top of his voice.

You see Sekeres turn to yell out, "HOO-RAY!"

(Enorian): Aeryx says, "Thank you, Cardinal. It has been quite the journey!"

(Enorian): Oonagh says, "May you guide the Beacon forward alongside the Knights before you, and encourage those as your peers to succeed as you have."

Abbess Aloli Gallant says, "To aerix may Light always be at your side."

Jhura throws her arms high into the air and shouts, "Huzzah!" at the top of her voice.

Aeryx utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

emote ("HUZZAH!") yells, as if caught in the moment.
You have emoted: "HUZZAH!" Czcibor yells, as if caught in the moment.
[SND] Balance: 1.00s.

[SND] REGAIN balance!

Lexen steps forward, pride evident on his features as he draws himself into a formal salute before Aeryx, then offers him a hand. "Well done, son."

Noon lifts a golden sun pinwheel to his lips and blows carefully, the blades catching and rapidly beginning to blur into an eyecatching flash of yellow.

(Enorian): Oonagh says, "I would afford the Boon of Ethne to the City, but it would be uncouth to do so in Her presence, My Lady if I may on behalf of Enorian
have Your Light shine upon our people in Celebration of this occasion."

Benedicto looks about himself, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

Benedicto starts to wield a candycane bomb in his right hand.

Benedicto eyes a candycane bomb, giving it the once over.

[SND] You: LOSE def_warmth.
Sekeres hums a soft melody and a feeling of warmth and comfort envelops you. Your spirits buoyed, you feel less vulnerable to harm.
[SND] You: GAIN def_warmth.

Aloli ponders Benedicto's profile, deep in consideration.

Benedicto's aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
Benedicto uses Candy Cane Bomb.
Benedicto throws a candycane bomb at the ground and as it explodes, the scent of peppermint fills your nose, and somehow everything seems... candy.

Benedicto takes a long drag off his pipe filled with reishi.

Aloli gives a pained sigh.

Melantha's eyes sparkle with amusement.

You suddenly perceive the vague outline of an aura of rebounding around Benedicto.

Melantha starts to wield a mistletoe bomb in her left hand.

Noon lifts a golden sun pinwheel to his lips and blows carefully, the blades catching and rapidly beginning to blur into an eyecatching flash of yellow.

Iesid rubs his temples in frustration.

Abbess Aloli Gallant says to Benedicto, "Why."

Your vision returns to normal.

Benedicto Silverain says, "Hooray?"

Noon Cardinalis says, "Worth it."

Aloli rubs her eyes a little.

Aeryx utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

Melantha ceases to wield a mistletoe bomb in her left hand.

Sekeres smiles wryly.

Lexen eyes Benedicto, giving him the once over.

Benedicto starts to wield a mistletoe bomb in his right hand.

Melantha gives a mistletoe bomb to Benedicto.

Benedicto eyes a mistletoe bomb, giving it the once over.

Benedicto casts a suspicious eye about the area.

Benedicto eyes a mistletoe bomb, giving it the once over.

Sheets of flame tear across the firmament, erupting over the City of Enorian and delivering the blessing of the Rekindled.

Aloli takes a nest of spiders from an iron rose pack.

Melantha, fio Raimuv Cyraeni wryly says, "Run away?"

Benedicto's aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
Benedicto uses Mistletoe Bomb.
Benedicto throws a mistletoe bomb at the ground and as it explodes, the scent of spice and cinnamon fills your nose, and somehow everything seems... festive.

Benedicto takes a long drag off his pipe filled with reishi.

Aloli gives a trillingly melodic laugh.

You suddenly perceive the vague outline of an aura of rebounding around Benedicto.

Didi pats a thin metallic firestick in a friendly manner.

Your vision returns to normal.

Aloli starts to wield a nest of spiders in her left hand.

The corners of Sekeres's mouth turn up as she grins mischievously.

Benedicto Silverain says, "NO!"

Aloli tosses a nest of spiders to Benedicto, and he catches it nimbly.

(Enorian): Ethne says, "May you all burn brightly, Beacon."

Abbess Aloli Gallant wryly says, "Why not? Tal loves them."

Jhura eyes Aloli, giving her the once over.

Noon bows respectfully.

(Enorian): Oonagh says, "Blessed are those of the Light, Lady Fire, my gratitude for Your watchful eye upon this magnificent City."
Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
CaynTekiasBenedictoMelanthaDrystinAloliKatieSekeres