<pre>10/4/2019 at 2:50
Tiur, the Gnosis
Celani 2019 Part II, We Want You
Aetolia is once more accepting applications for new Celani in the Pools of Creation. This is a volunteer position where you can help shape the world of Aetolia, with the potential to eventually take on a roleplay position of one our of Gods. There are many tasks expected of you as a Celani. Some of these are building entire areas, constructing and running events, engaging in roleplay, creating scripts for NPCs and plenty more!
If you feel you have what it takes to make the cut, then read on and follow the instructions for applying! Please note that this is a VOLUNTEER position, and during your time as a Celani you will be expected to give up your other characters.
We are taking two kinds of applicant this time around, a little differently phrased:
* Those who are interested in creating story depth and engagement, especially through items, roleplay, and events.
* Those interested in quests and coding.
Successful applicants for both roles tend to have the following skills:
- A love for Aetolia and a desire to enrich its world.
- Improvisational skills.
- The ability to handle critique and rejection. Many of the ideas you will propose will be rejected, whereas ones you see to completion will suffer the critique of your fellow Celani/Gods and, perhaps more terrifying, players.
Successful applicants for a RP/CONTENT role tend to have the following skills:
- Strong roleplaying ability.
- Impeccable writing skills.
- Ability to disconnect and RP for the game, not for gain
In order to apply, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be 18 years or older IRL.
- You must have, at absolute mininum, at least 500 hours of playing time.
- Be willing to sign a NDA.
You must send your application to [email protected]
and include the following:
1. Your real name.
2. Your real age.
3. What position you would apply for (yes, we're only asking for one..)
5. Your occupation (or course of study if a student)
6. Your character(s) in Aetolia.
7. Why should we make you a Celani, and perhaps eventually a God?
8. Why do you want to be a Celani?
9. Any special experience you have outside of Aetolia that you feel might be helpful in your position as a Celani.
Those applying for a RP/CONTENT role should also include:
10. Two room descriptions of at least 100+ words.
11. A brief outline for an RP event, roughly 100 to 200 words in length. This should be smaller in scope than an events post, more something that makes a single city have a fun few days and talk about inside their orgs.
Those applying for a CODING role should also include:
10. A paragraph or two outlining your coding background, what your language proficiencies are, as well as any other skills you feel that you bring to the table (*nix admin / SQL etc.).
Applications will be open until the 25th of October. We have a limited number of positions to fill, so if you don't make it, don't be too disappointed! Hold onto your application and send it in next time we open applications.
NEW SECTION - TEMPERING EXPECTATIONS
- Please note that we take into account the game's environment as a whole. If you run multiple orgs we might not be able to afford losing you on the player side.
- 99% of the time we do not open God roles of the same tether as the person accepted. This has been a secret rule for a long time, but now I'm making it known.
- Coders can expect it to take 3+ months to get actual Aetolia code access.
- Even RPLani have to code a little, to make quests. Don't be terrified by code, we'll teach you.
- The first task of a Celani to be promoted is to build an area in full, with quests and such. Expect to have a lot of help, but also to have fun gated behind work.
- For both the volunteer's sanity, and bias protection, we require discord/skype group things to be left. Not like you can't talk to your friends, but you can no longer be in large groups as you would be tacitly representing Aetolia.
Penned by my hand on Kinsday, the 7th of Midsummer, in the year 483 MA.</pre>