<pre>9/27/2019 at 15:53
Keroc, the Starborn
I've updated the THROW syntax to allow you to throw weapons at a mobile from line-of-sight as a bit of a test run to see how workable it might be within Aetolia. It'll be the only skill for now.
I've put in some simple anti-cheese precautions to begin with:
- Ranged damage is halved from usual.
- Hitting a mob with a ranged attack will increase its search radius.
- Guards will deflect ranged attacks.
- Mobiles that don't chase will deflect ranged attacks.
- Mobiles have the ability to return fire line-of-sight if flagged for it.
- You won't be able to hit mobiles outside of the same area.
- You won't be able to hit mobiles across 'no wander' locations.
- RETURN now only works on weapons with the 'throw' command on probe.
- RETURN ON INVENTORY no longer exists.
If you find anything super cheesy out side of the above, feel free to let me know. I cannot promise it'll stick around, but I don't mind trying something new.
If you want a fun idea on how to use this in the day to day, you could use to bait out berserk mobiles that like to group together.
That's it! Enjoy!
Penned by my hand on Tisday, the 18th of Chakros, in the year 483 MA.</pre>