Announce post #2974: Bloodlines

AutoposterAutoposter BotBot
edited June 2019 in Announce posts
<pre>6/27/2019 at 4:16
Keroc, the Starborn
Everyone
Bloodlines

Hey folks,

Bloodlines should now be fully integrated with the Imperial Dominion. As such, there is a few minor changes to the old system, but I will outline the whole thing here.

Who is the Primus:

- The Primus is the guildmaster of the Imperial Dominion.
- The Primus can be contested per normal guild rules and an election takes place.
- If the Primus loses the election, they will be demoted to the bloodrank of Prince/Princess and any childer will be disconnected.

What happens when a new Primus is elected:

- The new guildmaster becomes the Primus by right, but not in power until the Blood Pledge takes place.
* The Blood Pledge is the ritual in which the guildmaster is elevated to the blood status of Primus.
- The Gifters are those who donate their blood to the new Primus in order to perform the Blood Pledge, they become the new Empress/Emperors of the bloodline.
* There may only be a maximum of four Gifters for the ritual.
* Gifters basically take over the role from House leaders under the old system.
* Any vampire may become a Gifter if the Primus accepts your blood.

For those not in the Dominion:

- Those Praenomen who are not part of the Dominion no longer receive official titles and are considered Rogue.
* This is labelled as such through CHILDERLIST and PEERAGE.
- If a Rogue is sanctioned by the Dominion, then they shall receive an honourary title of Dominus/Domina, and are no longer considered Rogue.
- Blood powers cannot be used upon those outside of the Dominion, such as Monitor/Will/Glance, etc.
* You can override this if you use BLOOD AFFINITY on your intended target, but this does require mutual ally status.
* And yes, BLOOD AFFINITY works on anyone, not just other vampires.
- Rogues can still SIRE and EMBRACE, just to be clear.

For those without a sire:

- Having no link to the Primus will cause your blood rank to lower by one every in game month.
- You can be sired to an NPC that will allow it, however your blood rank will become Plebian.
* This mostly exists so you can play the class without having to worry about bloodlines.

How do Nightstalkers work:

- A Nightstalker, someone who is not a vampire but has Praenomen class, can learn up to the Skilled rank in their class skills.
- If they find themselves a sire (NPC or not), they may then learn up to Expert.
- At this point, they must be embraced and receive the vampiric curse if they wish to learn further. This will make them fully blooded.

What is the difference between a Sire and Embracement:

- A sire is someone who can use blood powers on you, such as Monitor/Will/Glance, etc.
- Your blood rank is one generation below your sire, and any connection you have to the Primus will come through them.
- Changing a sire is difficult, but not impossible. The Binding ritual is needed in order to change your sire.
* Check out AB SANGUIS WISP for more information.

- Embracement is pretty much like class apprenticeship, except you will also become a vampire in the process.
- The person who embraces you has no power over you like a sire does, unless you allow them to sire you.

There is a lot here to take in, so give yourself time to go over it. I'll look through any feedback on the associated forum post below, as I'm sure there will be more explaining to do.

For now however, that's it! Enjoy!

Penned by my hand on Gosday, the 13th of Midsummer, in the year 481 MA.</pre>

Comments

• edited June 2019
    - The new guildmaster becomes the Primus by right, but not in power until the Blood Pledge takes place.
    * The Blood Pledge is the ritual in which the guildmaster is elevated to blood status of Primus.
    - The Gifters are those who donate their blood to the new Primus in order to perform the Blood Pledge, they become the new Empress/Emperors of the bloodline.

All that I can think of when looking at this part is good luck to anyone trying to keep track of bloodlines when literally anyone can become Empress/Emperor overnight. E: Yes, I'm aware you could sort of do that already with house elections but it would be only 1 person and didn't consolidate power so tightly, this really drives home a clique mentality.
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    edited June 2019
    Stine said:

* The Blood Pledge is the ritual in which the guildmaster is elevated to blood status of Primus.

All that I can think of when looking at this part is good luck to anyone trying to keep track of bloodlines when literally anyone can become Empress/Emperor overnight. E: Yes, I'm aware you could sort of do that already with house elections but it would be only 1 person and didn't consolidate power so tightly, this really drives home a clique mentality.
    Elections take time to resolve, so it won't happen overnight. Guild members can also vote based upon what the contestant for Primus wants to do, e.g., abolish the current bloodlines for new ones, keep the bloodlines the same, etc. If they vote someone in that wants to abolish the bloodlines for new Empress/Emperors, then that is the guild majority's call.

The onus is on the players within the guild to decide where to take things from here. They can choose to stick with tradition or move away from it.
    Stine
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    I like the change, and I can get on board with the rogue change as well 

What I don't understand is why the grass..  why does a guild have the ability to cause this when someone is not part of the guild in the first place?

Is this the start of other guilds to have this type of mechanic in the future?
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • Macavity said:

What I don't understand is why the grass..  why does a guild have the ability to cause this when someone is not part of the guild in the first place?

The grass/weed is very helpful in these dire times. :o
    Heh sorry we all know Macavity meant GEAS

I think I like the changes, this all takes time to sink in.
    If I understand correctly the guild can decide to sanction someone and they will no longer be a rogue and i would presume this would mainly be for consanguine whom are in the bloodline through a House Clan. This seems fair, will need to try it and see if any bugs show up.
    Thanks Keroc this may just work.
    Macavity
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Macavity said:

After doing a bit of digging around, the Geas is supposed to be gone according to an earlier Announce post. So, now it is gone completely!
    IazamatMacavityNeoma
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Keroc said:

Macavity said:

After doing a bit of digging around, the Geas is supposed to be gone according to an earlier Announce post. So, now it is gone completely!
    yay!!! thank you very much!!
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."