<pre>6/27/2019 at 4:16 Keroc, the Starborn Everyone Bloodlines
Bloodlines should now be fully integrated with the Imperial Dominion. As such, there is a few minor changes to the old system, but I will outline the whole thing here.
Who is the Primus:
- The Primus is the guildmaster of the Imperial Dominion. - The Primus can be contested per normal guild rules and an election takes place. - If the Primus loses the election, they will be demoted to the bloodrank of Prince/Princess and any childer will be disconnected.
What happens when a new Primus is elected:
- The new guildmaster becomes the Primus by right, but not in power until the Blood Pledge takes place. * The Blood Pledge is the ritual in which the guildmaster is elevated to the blood status of Primus. - The Gifters are those who donate their blood to the new Primus in order to perform the Blood Pledge, they become the new Empress/Emperors of the bloodline. * There may only be a maximum of four Gifters for the ritual. * Gifters basically take over the role from House leaders under the old system. * Any vampire may become a Gifter if the Primus accepts your blood.
For those not in the Dominion:
- Those Praenomen who are not part of the Dominion no longer receive official titles and are considered Rogue. * This is labelled as such through CHILDERLIST and PEERAGE. - If a Rogue is sanctioned by the Dominion, then they shall receive an honourary title of Dominus/Domina, and are no longer considered Rogue. - Blood powers cannot be used upon those outside of the Dominion, such as Monitor/Will/Glance, etc. * You can override this if you use BLOOD AFFINITY on your intended target, but this does require mutual ally status. * And yes, BLOOD AFFINITY works on anyone, not just other vampires. - Rogues can still SIRE and EMBRACE, just to be clear.
For those without a sire:
- Having no link to the Primus will cause your blood rank to lower by one every in game month. - You can be sired to an NPC that will allow it, however your blood rank will become Plebian. * This mostly exists so you can play the class without having to worry about bloodlines.
How do Nightstalkers work:
- A Nightstalker, someone who is not a vampire but has Praenomen class, can learn up to the Skilled rank in their class skills. - If they find themselves a sire (NPC or not), they may then learn up to Expert. - At this point, they must be embraced and receive the vampiric curse if they wish to learn further. This will make them fully blooded.
What is the difference between a Sire and Embracement:
- A sire is someone who can use blood powers on you, such as Monitor/Will/Glance, etc. - Your blood rank is one generation below your sire, and any connection you have to the Primus will come through them. - Changing a sire is difficult, but not impossible. The Binding ritual is needed in order to change your sire. * Check out AB SANGUIS WISP for more information.
- Embracement is pretty much like class apprenticeship, except you will also become a vampire in the process. - The person who embraces you has no power over you like a sire does, unless you allow them to sire you.
There is a lot here to take in, so give yourself time to go over it. I'll look through any feedback on the associated forum post below, as I'm sure there will be more explaining to do.
For now however, that's it! Enjoy!
Penned by my hand on Gosday, the 13th of Midsummer, in the year 481 MA.</pre>