Yep - Something Blew Up in Spinesreach (Again)

AgothaxlAgothaxl Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
I decided to be nice and make a log of my side of the event, help people see what's going on and whatnot. For warning, there is some gore in here from a medical examination RP thing.

A warm, cozy living room (v65774) - AREA: the neighborhoods of Spinesreach, ML AREA: ?
A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A small wooden sphere has
been left here.
You see exits leading east, west, and up.

A deafening roar echoes from Spinesreach, smoke and fire bursting forth and lighting up the sky
above the city.

(Tells): His voice sharp-edged and frosty, Miroslav whispers to you, "Did you see that?"

(Spinesreach): Fezzix says, "Investigating."

(Tells): His voice sharp-edged and frosty, Miroslav whispers to you, "Are you guys okay over there?"
.
You pointedly say nothing at all.

The following citizens of Spinesreach are in the realm:
Citizen Rank Position [CT?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Agothaxl Princeps Senator
Fezzix Princeps Security Minister
Zhukov Provost
Nahira Provost
Neytiri Magistra Steward
(Spinesreach): You say, "Keep me informed. I'll head over if needed."

(Tells): Harshly, you hiss afar to Miroslav, "Seems so."

(Tells): His voice sharp-edged and frosty, Miroslav whispers to you, "That was... rather odd heh."

You use Racial Scent.
You tilt your head back and deeply inhale any scents from the air.
You pick up the faint scent of Mjoll at A dim, dank corridor through the dungeons. (52862)
AREA: Spinesreach.
You pick up the faint scent of Nahira at Fountain in a frozen courtyard. (14481)
AREA: Spinesreach.
You pick up the faint scent of Neoma at Entrance to the Citadel. (12653)
AREA: Spinesreach.
You pick up the faint scent of Kanivara at A barren, unaccommodating cell. (52869)
AREA: Spinesreach.
You pick up the faint scent of Marin at Inside the outer gate. (11687)
AREA: Spinesreach.
You pick up the faint scent of Tirria at Inside the outer gate. (11687)
AREA: Spinesreach.

(Tells): Harshly, you hiss afar to Miroslav, "Things blow up around here all the time."

Fezzix yells, "Find that goblin prisoner!"

(Tells): His voice sharp-edged and frosty, Miroslav whispers to you, "Not in the years I was there."

(Tells): His voice sharp-edged and frosty, Miroslav whispers to you, "Save the pylon at anyrate."

You yell, "Where should I be chasin' them?"

Fezzix yells, "Guard the city exits."

Kanivara yells, "Guarding the Outer Gate! Who's got the Tundra?"

You yell, "Got it. I'll guard Tundra."

Mjoll yells, "Got it."

A nook behind a quiet research room (v65656) - AREA: the neighborhoods of Spinesreach, ML AREA: ?
A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground.
You see exits leading down and out (closed pine door).

-- Movement --

Great arch before the tundra (v23499) - AREA: Spinesreach, ML AREA: Spinesreach
The ominous silhouettes of three dark menhirs stake out a bloodied offering ground here, sanctified
to the Sun Drinker. An abandoned, icy bride stands here, her arm extended in longing. A sigil in the
shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. There are 4 Syssin Defenders here. There
are 3 cabalists of jherza here. There are 6 Republican guards here. There are 6 conscripted Spirean
soldiers here. There are 4 Spirean Sciomancers here. Ominiously silent, a white warhound stands
here, teeth bared. A ghostly white warhound stands here, silently watching. Ominiously silent, a
white warhound stands here, teeth bared. Mjoll is here. Marin is here, shrouded. She is riding on an
ethereal stallion. She wields a shield embossed with the Nebre'seir dragon in her left hand and a
chipped bone dagger in her right.
You see exits leading north, southeast, south, and southwest.

You give the world a smart salute.

Mjoll uses Warhounds Sniff.
A ghostly warhound turns its snout upwards and sniffs at the air.
grace

Marin bows her head respectfully at you.

You suck thoughtfully on your teeth.

Eliadon yells, "I'm outside! Am I killing the Goblin?"

Your ears occlude with pressure at a massive change in pressure, a portal nearby has opened.

Kanivara yells, "No, you're going home!"

(Spinesreach): Zhukov says, "What's going on?"

Mjoll demands, "Portal?!"

You pointedly say nothing at all.

You say, "Where?"

Marin says, "Hm.."

You yell, "Portal opened. Anyone sense where?"

(Spinesreach): Nahira says, "I think a portal just opened?"

You see Eliadon turn to yell out, "You're cute, Kanivara."

-- Lots of moving around --

(Spinesreach): Fezzix says, "Find it."

(Spinesreach): Zhukov says, "It closed."

(Spinesreach): You say, "Bah."

(Spinesreach): Fezzix says, "Where was it?"

Inside the outer gate (v11687) - AREA: Spinesreach, ML AREA: Spinesreach
A splinter of crystal has been thrust into the ground, the dead stare of Zaila's piked head gleaming
from the refracted light. A granite monument stands here, its surface polished to a shine. A grand
pair of gates, seemingly formed from solid ice, stand thrown open here. Dripping black ichor, a
heaping skeleton of bone creates a construct from the earth here. Rising stark towards the sky, the
spindly frame of the Wheel of Fates is here. A division of Spirean military police loiters here,
surveiling the city streets. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground.
There are 6 Syssin Defenders here. There are 6 cabalists of jherza here. There are 4 Republican
guards here. There are 8 conscripted Spirean soldiers here. There are 6 Spirean Sciomancers here.
Tirria is here. Zhukov is here. He is riding on a white-cloaked gryphon. He wields a platinum shield
of Bouchard in his left hand and a celestial voidstaff in his right.
You see exits leading east (closed pine door), southeast, west, and up.

You crease your brow in a frown.

(Spinesreach): Zhukov says, "Near the outer gate, I don't have the exact spot."

Kanivara says, "I saw no sign of a portal in the Dry Plains."

(Spinesreach): You say, "I'm not seeing anything on the upper level of the wall, even remnants of
anything."

(Tells): Harshly, you hiss afar to Fezzix, "Did he possibly flee to Mournhold?"

(Tells): From an unseen place, Fezzix communicates to you, "Don't know."

(Tells): Harshly, you hiss afar to Fezzix, "Want me to check?"

(Tells): From an unseen place, Fezzix communicates to you, "Alright."

(Tells): Harshly, you hiss afar to Fezzix, "On it."

(Spinesreach): Fezzix says, "Sweep the city for any damage."

-- More movement, man I had to walk a lot --

A weathered driftwood entry (v66440) - AREA: Mournhold, ML AREA: ?
A crystal aegis sits here, the observation of many researchers. Tall but scrawny, Nekaum, a wiry
Kelki enchanter stands here. Focusing elsewhere, Yegroti, a distracted Ogre enchantress stands here.
Bemused by something only he knows, a grinning Grook enchanter stands here. Hallis is here. He is
riding on a bronze-horned ina'a. He wields a fiery aetherstaff of swirling spatial motes in his left
hand and a buckler in his right.
You see exits leading east, south, and west.

"aegis189279" a crystal aegis. [P][G]
"Nekaum192110" Nekaum, a wiry Kelki enchanter.
"ina'a195323" a bronze-horned ina'a.
"Yegroti198736" Yegroti, a distracted Ogre enchantress.
"Kenuunga195298" Kenuunga, a grinning Grook enchanter.
"sphere117234" a wooden sphere. [P][G]
"moose100155" a rune-painted moose. [P][G]

With a narrow glance, you say, "Haven't seen a little goblin around, have you?"

--waits a bit--

(Tells): Harshly, you hiss afar to Fezzix, "Not seeing anything in the general area of the others.
Archivinum was checked and is secure on basic levels. I'll sweep deeper levels now, though they
should be safe."

You shrug helplessly.

-- checks secret guildhall stuffs --

(Tells): Harshly, you hiss afar to Fezzix, "All general items look accounted for."

(Tells): From an unseen place, Fezzix communicates to you, "Good."

(Spinesreach): Fezzix says, "We're looking for damage, fires, injured civilians, and escaped
prisoners."

(Tells): Through the ether, Hallis utters to you, "No. The Enchanters have been very quiet, too."

-- Checked city and then went to check the prison --

A barren, unaccommodating cell (v52869) - AREA: Spinesreach, ML AREA: Spinesreach
A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A glowing red flame-shaped
sigil has been left here. Jino, a Cabalist attendant has been restrained here. Resting on the ground
is a cube-shaped silver sigil. Decorated in the military uniform of Spinesreach, Thuneron, the
Captain of the Guard remains vigilant here. Frantoinette, a Republican guard, is passed out here. A
small wooden pyramid has been left here. The sickly sweet stench of death and decay wafts off of a
sadistic, jade tainted warhound here. Kanivara is here, shrouded. She is riding on a three-headed
direwolf. She wields a blackened warhammer in her hands. Mazzion is here, hidden. He is riding on a
flaming stallion. He wields a small codex in his left hand and a runed shield in his right. The cell
door here hangs off of its hinges and the walls of the chamber are covered in a black mixture of
soot and carbonised blood.
You see a single exit leading east (open pine door).
[HINT]: Thuneron, Captain of the Guard seems particularly alert.
[HINT]: Frantoinette, a Republican guard seems particularly alert.

Thuneron, Captain of the Guard says, "If you can't what's left there as a prisoner."

Eliadon yells, "For what it's worth, only seen Spireans out here so far!"

Quietly, Kanivara says, "All I need is a name."

You yell, "Shoo."

You say, "At least Jino is still in place. That's some comfort."

You grunt at Jino, a Cabalist attendant noncommittally.

-- funny thing here is that I thought he was alive, but uh..yeah..wasn't --

Fezzix says, "Looks like Jino was blown up from the inside out."

Marin yells, "Surprise?"

Eliadon yells, "With what sounds like an ongoing prison break, a little!"

You see Kanivara turn to yell out, "SOD OFF."

Flatly, you say, "Anyways. Guards, return to your duties. Check for injuries, fires, and that sort
of thing. No need to discuss the situation without outsiders."

Eliadon yells, "I'm not even in the city, dearest screecher."

You incline your head politely to Thuneron, Captain of the Guard.

You incline your head politely to Frantoinette, a Republican guard.

-- this is why I left and went wandering, thought it was all good --

A pristine, orderly infirmary (v52766) - AREA: Spinesreach, ML AREA: Spinesreach
A sick patient lays on one of the cots in the infirmary, coughing fitfully. A sigil in the shape of
a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground.

You greet a sick patient with a sincere smile.

A sick patient moans in agony.
[1] say Is there anything I can get for you?
[2] say What ails you?

You say, "Is there anything I can get for you?"

"You can kill me..." a sick patient whispers to you. "Barrin' that, get me a bloody drink..."

You roll your eyes.

(Tells): Harshly, you hiss afar to Fezzix, "I'm not finding anything at all of note. Are you?"

(Tells): Harshly, you hiss afar to Fezzix, "Even Jino is still shackled up."

(Tells): From an unseen place, Fezzix communicates to you, "He's dead."

(Tells): Harshly, you hiss afar to Fezzix, "Who is?"

(Tells): From an unseen place, Fezzix communicates to you, "Jino."

(Tells): From an unseen place, Fezzix communicates to you, "His carcass is exploded from the inside
out, that's what caused the riot."

(Tells): Harshly, you hiss afar to Fezzix, "Huh. I didn't look closely at him, just saw him bound
up. // They must not have changed his desc yet in the room."

-- rip Jino dying being missed --

(Tells): Harshly, you hiss afar to Fezzix, "Do we know what caused that explosion? Do I need to
examine him?"

-- heads back to the crime scene, NCIS ready to go! --

A barren, unaccommodating cell (v52869) - AREA: Spinesreach, ML AREA: Spinesreach
A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A glowing red flame-shaped
sigil has been left here. Jino, a Cabalist attendant has been restrained here. Resting on the ground
is a cube-shaped silver sigil. Decorated in the military uniform of Spinesreach, Thuneron, the
Captain of the Guard remains vigilant here. Frantoinette, a Republican guard, is passed out here. A
small wooden pyramid has been left here. Mazzion is here, hidden. He is riding on a flaming
stallion. He wields a small codex in his left hand and a runed shield in his right. The cell door
here hangs off of its hinges and the walls of the chamber are covered in a black mixture of soot and
carbonised blood.
You see a single exit leading east (open pine door).
[HINT]: Thuneron, Captain of the Guard seems particularly alert.
[HINT]: Frantoinette, a Republican guard seems particularly alert.

Fezzix reaches up and smooths back his hair with a scowl. "He liked to run his mouth. I don't know
how he managed to get those mitts off," he says.

-- probing jino --
All that remains of this Cabalist is robe-wrapped chunks of meat and bone. His ribcage is shattered
and burnt on the inside, and his entire torso appears hollowed out by some outward force. His face
no longer bears his trademark grin, instead, his partially shattered jaw is open as if he had been
screaming. He is called 'Jino.'
Jino, a Cabalist attendant looks weak and feeble.
He weighs about 175 pound(s).
He is loyal to the City of Spinesreach.

A minute later Thuneron, Captain of the Guard has found the next entry. "Rubanzin-- Sciomancer."

You have emoted: Agothaxl walks over to the remains of Jino and bends down into a squat, examining
the body visually with a careful squint, "I wonder if he was force-fed whatever it was, or
volunteered."

Thuneron, Captain of the Guard lets out a quiet sound of disgust as he finds the final prisoner
entry. "Twilleri-- Sciomancer."

(Tells): His voice laden with crackling fire, Tekias whispers warmly to you, "Raheno, Senator. I
heard you might be having a prisoner problem?"

(Tells): Harshly, you hiss afar to Tekias, "It is nothing for you to be concerned with."

Fezzix idly rubs at his mouth with the back of his hand and nods grimly. "They're likely gone," he
says. "We heard a portal open up outside the city."

(Tells): His voice laden with crackling fire, Tekias whispers warmly to you, "Fair enough. But if
there is anything I can assist with, do let me know."

You have emoted: Agothaxl stands back up and gives a nod towards Fezzix, "They were quick about it,
too. Too quick."

Fezzix says, "Nogvert, a goblin. Rubanzin, a human. Twilleri, a Xoran. All Sciomancers. We've got
our names, we'll have to put bounties out."

You nod your head emphatically.

Mazzion says, "Just doesn't add up for Sciomancers to act so."

Fezzix says to Mazzion, "They were criminals."

Mazzion gives a pained sigh.

Fezzix says, "Inmates here at the Ironmaw."

You say, "And, if they thought Jino had been skimming gold, I mean..you never know."

You shrug helplessly.

Frantoinette, a Republican guard lifts herself against the cell wall, turning to you. "Perhaps they
had outside help?"

Thuneron, Captain of the Guard says, "They were locked up for treason. A long time ago."

You have emoted: Agothaxl gives a bob of her head towards Frantoinette, "I think they did, honestly.
For them to bypass guards that easily and quickly."

You frown and say, "I hate to say it, but could be even the Cabalist guard's turning a blind eye. I
keep saying we need to train them in the new ways so they better understand their loyalties again."

You say, "If Jino was thought of poorly by them, I could see them ignoring him being killed for
being an embarrassment."

Thoughtfully, you say, "Or even hiring them to do it, but who knows."

You say, "All speculation."

Fezzix folds his arms over his chest and stares ahead of himself, his eyes cast downward in thought.
"I'm not going on blind speculation," he says. "First things first, we need to sweep the city for
any damages and injured people, then we need to hunt for the fugitives."

Fezzix says, "And I want this carcass taken to the infirmary and examined. This doesn't look like a
conventional singularity."

You have emoted: "I know, I know." Agothaxl says towards Fezzix, furrowing her brow, "I've already
done the sweep, at least, so we're in the clear there."

Fezzix says, "I'm no Sciomancer, but I don't know about singularities that cause fiery explosions."

Off-handedly, you say, "No, looks like a bomb was put in him, not a singularity."

Mazzion says, "I concur."

You say, "But, yes, should be examined."

Fezzix says, "If it's a bomb, then there would be traces of something left behind. I want to know
what we're dealing with and any leads to follow."

Thuneron, Captain of the Guard says to Fezzix, "I'll make sure that the guards get the names and
descriptions of the fugitives, in case any of them are stupid enough to return to the city."

You say to Thuneron, Captain of the Guard, "Do we have a proper medical examiner? Or will I be
needing to examine the remains?"

Fezzix says, "There are only a few merchants who sell what's needed to make bombs. If we recover
traces from this body, we'll know who to ask."

You say, "I'm no Akaryuterra, but I know my way around most mortal races."

Frantoinette, a Republican guard turns to Thuneron, Captain of the Guard, saluting briefly. "Sir,
may I be relieved of duty? I'm gonna need a day or two..."

Fezzix nods with a grunt. "Ironmaw's got an examination room upstairs," he says. The Idreth then
turns to Frantoinette, a Republican guard and his vocal tone shifts towards resembling something
personable. "Go rest and recover," he says.

Thuneron, Captain of the Guard nods to Frantoinette, a Republican guard once. "Of course. Take some
time to get your head on right," he says agreeably.

Frantoinette, a Republican guard gives the world a smart salute.

Thuneron, Captain of the Guard says to you, "Usually the Cabal or Archivium types handle that sort
of thing. We don't have anyone particularly official, though."

A Republican guard clicks her heels together before turning and marching off to the east.

You nod your head at Thuneron, Captain of the Guard.

You say to Thuneron, Captain of the Guard, "I can use the examination room when the body is taken
there and prepared, then. I don't mind getting to the bottom of this directly."

Fezzix says to you, "I'll leave it up to your people to examine the body."

You nod your head emphatically.

(Spinesreach): Nahira says, "I haven't noticed anything. Could it have been outside the city?"

(Spinesreach): Fezzix says, "The explosion was inside the city, in the Ironmaw. We're investigating
now."

(Spinesreach): Fezzix says, "If the city's undamaged, then carry on. I'll be making a post to the
city soon."

You have emoted: Agothaxl glances towards the remains of Jino, frowning heavily, "For Science,
Cabalist." is said under her breathe in a fairly frustrated tone.

Thuneron, Captain of the Guard takes one final look at the cell, and sighs. "Right. I've got things
to do. A prison to repair, prisoners to make sure are where they should be, and restraints to have
checked." The Captain snaps a crisp salute-- "Comrades."

Mazzion says, "Let the Sciomancers know if you need us."

Fezzix returns the salute and exhales sharply.

Mazzion gives the world a smart salute.

Fezzix nods his head at Mazzion.

You have emoted: Agothaxl nodding her head, "Inform me when the body is in place, then. Thank you
for your service, as always, Captain." And with that, she offers a mild salute.

Mazzion says, "Shadus."
A shadowy vortex appears and engulfs Mazzion.

You say, "And Fezzix, inform me if you have other needs of my investigative skills."

Fezzix says to you, "Once that body gets moved, it's all yours."

You think for a moment before nodding slowly.

You say, "I'll give you as much evidence as there remains."

Thuneron departs purposefully to the east.

Through the door the Guard Captain can be seen bellowing at some poor guard unfortunate enough to
pass by.

You say, "I shall return to my work as well. Prepare myself."

You incline your head politely to those around you.

Fezzix says, "I'll examine the room and the other cells."

You nod your head emphatically.

You say, "Call if you need me."

(Tells): From an unseen place, Fezzix communicates to you, "I'll also post to the city."

Fezzix nods his head emphatically.

Fezzix leaves to the east, riding an armoured snow-white taerilan.

-- heads to guildhall --

(Tells): Harshly, you hiss afar to Fezzix, "Perfect."


An argent library in the Archivium (v63160) - AREA: Spinesreach, ML AREA: Spinesreach
Sneak, the Numerologist stands here. Fidgeting and poring through a strange-looking book, Vara is
here. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A small sign
indicates that LIBRARY CATALOG will list the materials in this library. Sneak, the Numerologist is a
tutor. View HELP LEARNING for more information about learning skills. An ad-hoc laboratory has been
arranged in this room, tables, vessels, and chemicals spread out in a wide swath.
You see a single exit leading southwest.

You say to Sneak, the Numerologist, "Well, seems I'll be dissecting someone soon. I'll make sure to
take notes to provide you with."

(Tells): From an unseen place, Fezzix communicates to you, "The body's already been moved to the
infirmary."

(Tells): From an unseen place, Fezzix communicates to you, "52766."

(Tells): Harshly, you hiss afar to Fezzix, "Ah, good. I'll start to examine it."

Flatly, you say, "Right. It's ready then."

-- heads to the spot --

A pristine, orderly infirmary (v52766) - AREA: Spinesreach, ML AREA: Spinesreach
A sick patient lays on one of the cots in the infirmary, coughing fitfully. A sigil in the shape of
a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. The shattered remains of Jino are here and his
entrails are strewn about, as if he exploded from the inside.
You see a single exit leading south (open pine door).
You have reached your destination.

(Spinesreach): Fezzix says, "Posting to the news. I'll be back shortly."

You have emoted: Agothaxl glances around as she enters, casting a glance towards the sick patient,
and then towards the remains of Jino. Out of respect, she comments to the remaining patient, "You
should cover your ears and eyes. Perhaps try to just sleep a while."

You can see the following 4 objects:
"patient250298" a sick patient. [P][G]
"monolith sigil307241" a monolith sigil.
"Jino80512" the corpse of Jino, a Cabalist attendant.
"sphere117234" a wooden sphere. [P][G]

probe jino
The shattered remains of Jino are here and his entrails are strewn about, as if he exploded from the
inside. He was called 'Jino.'
He weighs about 175 pound(s).
He is loyal to the City of Spinesreach.

A pristine, orderly infirmary (v52766) - AREA: Spinesreach, ML AREA: Spinesreach
Orderly rows of spartan beds fill this long room, each made up with a set of starched white sheets
and heavy wool blankets. Tall, cloth-covered partitions separate each bed, giving each patient a
measure of privacy, while stands sit at each bedside to create a small medical station, with room
for charts, tools and any necessary medications. Bright white lighting illuminates the chamber, with
lanterns augmented by glow-globes for a harsh, bright glow to give doctors and nurses ample visual
aid in any procedures they may need to do. A large entry separates the beds themselves from the
hallway, with a desk staffed by a matronly, hatchet-faced nurse serving as a checkpoint for visitors
- behind this, large sheets have been hung from the ceiling, shimmering with a faint glow that hints
at arcane wards, with a track-like fixture overhead allowing the room to be quickly divided up in
the event of a necessary quarantine. A sick patient lays on one of the cots in the infirmary,
coughing fitfully. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. The
shattered remains of Jino are here and his entrails are strewn about, as if he exploded from the
inside. A small wooden sphere has been left here.
You see a single exit leading south (open pine door).

You frown and say, "Just..drug in here. Not even setup on a proper desk or table.."

You say, "Or bed.."

Coughing all the while, a sick patient takes hold of the cloth partition and pulls it forward,
obscuring themselves from whatever event transpires.

You have emoted: Agothaxl grunts as she walks over and falls onto her knees next to the remains of
Jino, considering it for a time by letting her eyes wander from broken jaw down to the lower
abdomen. Leaning forward, she first tucks away her buckler and codex before taking bare hands to the
man's open chest and forcefully uses her strength to pry it open wider - tilting her head this way
and that to examine the cavity within.

(Tells): In the back of your mind, you hear Kanivara saying to you, "Tekias is at the Outer Gate,
what should I do about him?"

(Tells): Harshly, you hiss afar to Kanivara, "Let him do what he wishes as long as he does not
disturb me."

Commenting to herself, you say, "Charring does indeed seem like burning. Carbonized blood and soot
around the edges of the wounds, much like I saw in the cell."

There is a horrible sound of squelching flesh snapping bones, but the chest cavity steadily opens,
exposing the corpses interior for inspection.

Eliadon yells, "I don't think they escaped via the Tundra gate!"

Much as it appears from the outside, the interior seems to tell the same story-- Something inside
the man burst outwards. Violently.

(Spinesreach): Fezzix says, "New post, Comrades."

You have emoted: "I wonder if they heard of the diamond dust experiments and fashioned something
from that to produce such a burn.." Agothaxl comments to herself as she reaches into the gaping
wound with bound hands, rummaging around carefully to check each organ and their state. However,
she's finding nothing but chunks of gore and charred up remains - only the bones around the wound
and parts above and below the wound remaining. So, instead, she starts to lean her head closer,
grimacing as she looks up and down inside the hole to visually inspect the areas, "There should be -
some- sort of shrapnel in this damned thing."

A sick patient wheezes in a high-pitched voice, her body undergoing a sudden and violent tremble.


A sick patient hurriedly pushes a handkerchief to her face, just in time to expel chunks of coal
-colored bile.

The wound and internal cavity seems to be decaying, even as you inspect it, bit's of flesh and gore
falling apart and melting away into sickly coloured goo.

You have emoted: "Decay..so much decay.." Agothaxl mumbles under her breathe as she examines the
body, "Maybe shadow mixed with the dust and air..." starts to come further out of her and then she
notices the patient. Frowning heavily, she lifts her head over to them and immediately notices the
bile that has spewed out. With a loud tone from where she sits, she asks, "You over there. Are you
alright? What ails you?"

A sick patient keeps a stiff upper lip, putting on a proud face that is almost immediately beset by
a horrid cough. "I'm... I'm alright, comrade. Really I oughta be... back... to work..."
You have recovered balance on all limbs.

A sick patient says, "Look, you're doing something important. I'll just hide over here and continue
playacting at being sick so they don't send me back to work."

A sick patient whines, "Woe is me, I am so sick. Hack. Cough."

Shaking her head firmly, you say, "That color of business doesn't look right unless you were a
smoker."

More of the corpse begins to break away in the meantime, and faster-- Flesh, bone, and what's left
of the internal organs melting away at a steadily increasing pace.

You have emoted: "Pit!" Agothaxl says loudly as she notices the body decaying away quickly and
immediately pulls her hands out of it with a rush. She pushes to her feet, hands still dripping with
gore, and says, "Something has turned acidic. This is completely unnatural!" Then, her attention
snaps back over to the patient and she says, "Make sure you stay where you are. I don't want to risk
you getting something else from whatever is going on here."

You say, "I'm prepared to die for my science if I must."

(Tells): Harshly, you hiss afar to Fezzix, "The body is decaying away. It's just..melting away. I
don't see any shrapnel at all. It's like..he kind of melted inside, and is now melting further as a
result of whatever was done to him."

In a panic, you say, "Can it be stopped? Maybe with the right attunement of a returning, or
repeatedly returning it back to where it once was with some adjustments to the spell to timelock
it."

The smell of fresh gas begins to rise from the mutilated corpse of the Cabalist, as chunks of flesh
melt away into tiny rivers of goo that begin to drip down towards the ground.

(Tells): From an unseen place, Fezzix communicates to you, "Shadow involved?"

You have emoted: Agothaxl lifts her maw to the air, sniffing at it with a further grimace in her
features, "Gas..where the pit would they get something to cause that. Is that sulphur?" And then,
she leans back down and sniffs at what remains more heavily, trying to get what she can while she
can, "Or is that..just decaying gas? I cannot tell.."


So close to the corpse as it breaks down, you can feel the air around it begin to heat up, as though
all the warmth left in it is trying to escape.

(Tells): Harshly, you hiss afar to Fezzix, "I think so. I'm trying to examine and smell every bit of
it while I can before it's gone to goo."

You have emoted: "Pit!" Agothaxl says loudly as she pushes to her feet and rushes over to the nearby
patient. Standing facing away from her, with arms outstretched on either side, she goes to draw
shapes into the air and forms a protective barrier - a weak and rudimentary one - that will block
anything behind her, "Stay behind me!" is said loudly.

You say, "I don't trust that heat!"

Fezzix creases his brow in a frown.

The sound of gold coins clinking against one another fills the air as a golden magical shield
springs up around Fezzix.

As a breath of the escaping gas seeps into your lungs it hits you-- It's just air.

Noticing the Warden, a sick patient quickly throws out a theatrical moan. "Oh woe, I am so sick.
Cannot possibly work."

You have emoted: Agothaxl exhales a long breathe after an inhale, "At least the air is just air and
not something worse."

You say to Fezzix, "Don't let this patient fool you. She was coughing up dark looking bile. She's
still on my watch list."

Fezzix says to you, "Stay here, keep examining. I'm being called away."

Nodding at $fezzix, you say, "Understood."

Fezzix leaves to the south.

You have emoted: Carefully still keeping her patterns in place, Agothaxl tilts her head this way and
that, watching the remains carefully with a squinted gaze, "Is the heat..gone then? Just dissipated?
Maybe I should get closer again.."

More gas leaks from the corpse, filling the room of the infirmary with air that's more like a summer
breeze than a Spirean wind, until finally the corpse seems to tremble, and break apart completely,
collapsing utterly into a puddle of sludge.

You have emoted: "Huh.." Agothaxl says as she flicks her wrists and releases the patterns, the
protection dissipating. Carefully, she walks over to the puddle of sludge, leaning down to examine
it for anything solid, "I don't know that there is any shrapnel at all. They had to have just used
elements and the dust. Something so cold it burned, but also ate away all the hot until it was used
against the man."

A final burst of warmth radiates outwards from the corpse as it liquefies, warming your face for a
time, before the tundra chill reclaims its hold.

A pristine, orderly infirmary (v52766) - AREA: Spinesreach, ML AREA: Spinesreach
A sick patient lays on one of the cots in the infirmary, coughing fitfully. A sigil in the shape of
a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A small wooden sphere has been left here.
You see a single exit leading south (open pine door).

You draw your eyebrows downward and together in consternation.

Nothing solid remains that holds any resemblance to a corpse. The ooze seems to have the colour and
consistency of water mixed with copious amounts of dirt.

You have emoted: "That's the weirdest remains of a person ever." Agothaxl says clearly as she goes
to stand up, tilting her head to the side, "Even the blood out of the remains. Just..water. Dirt.
The basics of any creation, but usually not what we find when something becomes nothing but goo."
Shaking her head, she sighs, "I need to think on this.." Then, she turns around, looking at the
patient still remaining, "Did you have any contact with those in the prison?"

A sick patient says to you, "Look miss, I haven't seen anyone, or gotten close to anyone since the
guards came in with a corpse, and you started doing whatever you're doing over there. I'm just here
to ge-- Uh...recovering. From a cough."

You nod your head at a sick patient.

You say to a sick patient, "If you feel worse, you inform me, but I'll let you be."

(Tells): Harshly, you hiss afar to Fezzix, "The body dissolved into water and dirt. I'll be
contemplating a few moments, researching into what I think caused this."

(Tells): From an unseen place, Fezzix communicates to you, "Thank you."

A sick patient says, "If you promise not to do to me whatever you were doing over there, I'll do
that."

You have emoted: Agothaxl looks down at her hands and then back upwards to the patient, "Well, not
while you're alive, at least. Or awake." The tone is fairly teasing, her maw flashing a broad and
toothy grin.

You say, "Anyways, let me go get cleaned up. You just tell me if anything starts to feel off and
I'll be here."

A sick patient nods her head at you.

You incline your head politely to those around you.

-- head back to guildhall --

You say to Sneak, the Numerologist, "Weirdest thing, elder. I've never seen a body just..turn into
water and dirt."

You have emoted: Agothaxl pulls out a towel from her pack and starts to wipe down her arms and hands
as she idly looks over the tomes, thinking aloud, "Diamond dust. Definitely that, I think, but I
could be wrong. But more, the Shadow was pulled from the body entirely and all that was left were
the other elements. Water, air, fire, and earth. He couldn't help but implode and then
just..melted."

(Tells): Harshly, you hiss afar to Fezzix, "I have a theory. Thinking it aloud, but I think it
makes..sense. But I doubt it's anything that's been done before."

(Tells): Eliadon's voice echoes in your ears, "Hello! I would ask the Xorani whose body I poured all
over the bloom to help destroy it, but I have a question that the Archivists might have some idea
of, or at least some idea of 'please don't mess with that!'"


(Tells): Harshly, you hiss afar to Fezzix, "I think that diamond dust was still used, perhaps given
to him somehow, but I'm unsure. The carbonization reminds me of it, but maybe it's just the way he
imploded. I -think- they managed to siphon out all of his Shadow and left him with -just- Water,
air, fire, and earth. This caused him to implode, though I am not sure exactly why..maybe the
instability and lack of balance in them. And once he started to implode, he just..melted. He
couldn't hold himself together without that missing element."

(Tells): Harshly, you hiss afar to Eliadon, "Uh. Okay. What is it?"

(Tells): From an unseen place, Fezzix communicates to you, "And the explosion?"

(Tells): Eliadon's voice echoes in your ears, "There are some doors below the west end of Esterport.
Any idea what they are?"

(Tells): Eliadon's voice echoes in your ears, "Covered in some kind of weird glyphs, and made of
etched obsidian - lots of scenes on them."

(Tells): Harshly, you hiss afar to Fezzix, "Just the result of it. It's kind of..a reverse
singularity in my mind, best way to describe it in my concept. That's why I think diamond dust may
have been involved, which would have increased the power as well."

(Tells): Wafting, as if on the air, Tatia's velvety tongue reaches your ear: "How is the examination
going?"

(Tells): Harshly, you hiss afar to Eliadon, "Oh. Uh, the Warlord said no touchy. They've been there
for a while, and the Legion watches them, but no touchy. That's all I know."

(Tells): Harshly, you hiss afar to Tatia, "Give me a moment. I can tell you my theory, once I see if
Fezzix thinks I'm insane."

Sneak, the Numerologist turns slowly to regard you thoughtfully. "Turned to water and dirt, you
say?" She frowns pensively for a moment. "Just water and dirt?"

(Tells): From an unseen place, Fezzix communicates to you, "You and Tatia ought to talk about it."

(Tells): Harshly, you hiss afar to Fezzix, "We will, aye."

You have emoted: "Yes, just water and dirt." Agothaxl says with a lot of surprise in her tone, going
to turn and face Sneak fully, "It was the most bizarre thing. Was whole at the start of my check,
still pretty solid except what you might expect gone in an implosion, and then just..started to melt
until all that was left was water and dirt. And really, really warm air."

You say, "It felt like an Enorian breeze for a moment when the body finished dissipating."

Sneak, the Numerologist seems to think for a moment before nodding slowly.

You say, "I should speak with Tatia on it, but I think my theory is valid. Ridding someone of one
entire element that is naturally there could have devastating effects."

(Spinesreach): Fezzix says, "In case anyone is wondering, do NOT probe the doors at that room where
people are dying. The petroglyphs on them will kill you if you get close enough to examine them."

(Tells): Eliadon's voice echoes in your ears, "Do you know if they always burnt people to death?"

(Tells): Harshly, you hiss afar to Eliadon, "Yep."

(Tells): From an unseen place, Fezzix communicates to you, "Those doors are the same one the Warlord
told us about that ought not to be opened."

(Tells): Eliadon's voice echoes in your ears, "Ah, nothing new to learn for the moment then."

(Tells): Harshly, you hiss afar to Fezzix, "Indeed. I was just basically telling Eliadon that."
eliadon nope!
(Tells): Harshly, you hiss afar to Eliadon, "Nope!"

(Tells): Eliadon's voice echoes in your ears, "Unless we decide to ignore Bamathis, but I don't feel
like waking up another of the Albedi is a good idea at the moment."

"It is an interesting theory," Sneak, the Numerologist muses, nodding and folding her hands together
in front of her. "And might certainly explain what you observed."

(Spinesreach): Ansidia says, "Petroglyphes?"

(Spinesreach): Nahira says, "Which place is it?"

(Spinesreach): Fezzix says, "Markings. It's under the Raphaelan."

You have emoted: "Right, sorry, did not mean to bother you with it." Agothaxl says with a faint
laugh and a smile, "Let me get with Tatia, but thank you for listening to me babble a bit."

(Tells): Harshly, you hiss afar to Tatia, "Are you busy?"

(Spinesreach): Fezzix says, "It's unrelated to the prison break and that aegis in Mournhold, as far
as I can tell so far. Neytiri just stumbled across it while randomly exploring and decided to take a
look."

(Spinesreach): Fezzix says, "And now several more people are doing the same."

(Spinesreach): Fezzix says, "We've got more important concerns right now."

(Spinesreach): Neytiri says, "Yeah, that was my bad."

"Of course, Curator," Sneak, the Numerologist replies graciously. "Do let me know what conclusion
you and the Shadow Warden reach, though."

Sneak, the Numerologist's attention drifts, returning to their usual tasks.

You think for a moment before nodding slowly.

(Tells): Wafting, as if on the air, Tatia's velvety tongue reaches your ear: "No, I'm not."

(Tells): Harshly, you hiss afar to Fezzix, "Sneak seems to confirm that my theory does make sense,
as a theory, so I'll get with Tatia now."

(Tells): Harshly, you hiss afar to Tatia, "I need to discuss my findings with you in person. Where
would you like to do this?"

(Tells): Wafting, as if on the air, Tatia's velvety tongue reaches your ear: "We can go to my
study."

(Tells): Harshly, you hiss afar to Tatia, "Alright. Meet at the city inner gate?"

(Tells): Wafting, as if on the air, Tatia's velvety tongue reaches your ear: "Aye."

-- we meet, I follow --

A quiet, comfortable study (v65000) - AREA: the neighborhoods of Spinesreach, ML AREA: ?
A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A weathered wooden desk
dominates the centerern half of the room.
You see a single exit leading northeast.

You have emoted: Agothaxl glances towards Tatia with a furrowed brow and a wringing of her hands,
clearly nervous about something as she enters with her into the study.

You say, "I've never seen anything like this, Tatia, and it scared me. Quite a bit."

Tatia exhales slowly, allowing a long fluid breath to creep from her lungs.

Tatia says, "Let me have it, then."

You have emoted: Agothaxl nods her head once, doing her best to gather her hands together at her
back, "I believe the prisoners siphoned all of the Shadow out of Jino. I also believe they used
diamond dust with this somehow to increase an implosion. I can explain why in detail, once that
settles in your mind, and what resulted from this."

Tatia sits on the edge of her desk, tugging lightly at her fingertips while you speaks. "Siphoned
Shadow." she murmurs, lifting one hand to rub against her Mark.

Tatia says, "...how?"

You have emoted: "That part I cannot tell you, frankly, as that'd be up to your expertise." Agothaxl
says idly as her eyes follow Tatia carefully, "But he imploded, left carbonized blood and soot all
over. When I went to pull apart his chest cavity to examine the remains, I dug around to find a lot
of..nothing left. And, quickly, he started to just outright dissolve in my grasp. It went from
solid, to sludge, to just water, dirt, and warm air in no time."

You say, "So, that leaves me to believe that his body was out of balance. We all naturally have the
elements in us, all of them, and we push and pull to change their balance. If one is pulled out, the
others become unstable because they are out of balance."

Tatia stares blankly at you for several moments. "Did he have skin to begin with.. or was
it..cracking?"

You have emoted: "He had skin still and it just dissolved like everything else." Agothaxl says with
an almost pitiful expression, a grimace set into the bridge of her maw.

You say, "He was literally, in the end, water, dirt, and a burst of super heated air."

Tatia sits quietly for several moments, nodding slowly. "I need to do some research on if it is even
possible for us to do that. It doesn't sound like ShadowPlague, at least." she finally says.

You think for a moment before nodding slowly.

You say, "They were all Sciomancers, and prisoners from treason, so it's hard to say what they've
done with all their time in there."

You say, "They escaped quickly, with a portal. I believe they likely had internal help, but that's
all in theory for now."

-- readnews real quick --

SPINESREACH NEWS #3157
Date: 6/22/2019 at 1:09
From: Fezzix Sicarius
To : Everyone
Subj: Jailbreak
Comrades,
Just over a month ago, I locked up Jino, the Cabalist roulette attendant, for cheating at the game
and altering numbers.
This week, the city shook with a violent and fiery explosion, the source of which was the Ironmaw
prison. I and a few others investigated, and we found Jino's mangled corpse in his cell and the door
blown off its hinges.
Jino's cellmates were nowhere to be seen, and we suspect they perpetrated the escape. We're looking
for a goblin named Nogvert, a human named Rubanzin, and a xoran named Twilleri. All three are former
Sciomancers who retain their skills. We presume they've escaped the city, as we heard a portal open
shortly after the explosion.
Jino's body is being examined for evidence by Agothaxl and the Archivium, as the nature of the
explosion doesn't match any abilities the Sciomancers currently possess. The Ironmaw is being
repaired, and there was no lasting damage to the city at large. We had one guard injured in the
explosion, but she is ambulatory and recovering.
Any information on the whereabouts of Nogvert, Rubanzin, or Twilleri will be rewarded. Thanks to the
quick action of our citizens, the city guard, and Captain Thuneron, the situation did not escalate,
and order is maintained in the city. Well done to all who responded.
In Service,
Warden Fezzix Sicarius

Penned by my hand on Kinsday, the 7th of Khepary, in the year 481 MA.

Tatia exhales a long breath, nodding slowly. "I will consult Nevithor immediately."

You nod your head at Tatia.

Tatia says, "I will also keep you informed of my findings."

You say, "I consulted with Sneak, briefly, and she found my theory sound on the Shadow removal. So,
at least there's that for your work ahead."

You say, "Figuring out the -how- is what will be tricky."

Tatia nods her head in agreement.

Tatia says, "I will go consult him immediately."

You nod your head at Tatia.

You say, "I will go prepare some notes, then possibly rest, but do reach out if you need anything at
all from me or mine."

You give Tatia a peck on the cheek.

Tatia gives you a tight hug.

You give Tatia a tight hug.

You tap your nose knowingly.

-- head back to the guildhall to think --

The Head Curator's Chambers (v63163) - AREA: Spinesreach, ML AREA: Spinesreach
Fixed unto the ground here is a large ebony bookshelf. A black leather couch has been placed against
the east wall. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A complex
administrative desk is here, a high-backed administrator's chair has been placed at it. A small
wooden sphere has been left here.
You see a single exit leading south (open pine door).

-- fin --
EliadonIantheTeaniAouri

Comments

  • EliadonEliadon Somewhere Over the RainbowMember Posts: 173 ✭✭✭
    Eliadumb
    OonaghTekiasAgothaxl
Sign In or Register to comment.