Announce post #2970: Events

<pre>6/21/2019 at 2:49
Tiur, the Gnosis
Everyone
Events

So, we're trying something a little different with EVENTS.

I've put the next couple story beats into the EVENTS system so that you all can plan. Yes, it's short notice, but with good reception we'll do this much further out. The idea is to surrender a little mystery in exchange for everyone having an easier time participating.

I've put them at Howling, but that is a guess. It could be a while before or after. We try to be organic, so we don't bother with trying to schedule things down to the hours. As noted by today's hour little thing becoming 3 hours.

These story 'beats' are also only major parts. Smaller things may happen at any time, so don't be disheartened, and feel free to poke around and see if you can find stuff even off those times.

-T

Penned by my hand on Gosday, the 2nd of Khepary, in the year 481 MA.</pre>
Church

Comments

• Okay, honestly.

I love this. It allows us to kinda be around for things happening, and I love in the details where it depicts Ascendril or Sciomancer heavy event. Kind of giving each respective guild an opportunity to have their participation be center stage.

Monday Release - *groans* - But I will figure out a way to be there from work/on my phone/something.
    SaritaBenedictoAloli
  • TiurTiur Producer
    The release itself is less important, more of a switch flip, so we put the heavier beats on the weekend. Don't worry if you can't make it!
  • I would argue that what is less important is subjective. 
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
  • Assuming you mean less important in terms of story - the only reason I'm a little disappointed in a Monday release is that it gives me less time the day of to work on things. I'd been hoping for a weekend release so that I could get started figuring abilities out. I can still do that Monday, but since I'm starting a new job I'll have much less free time for it.

Regardless though I'm excited and I think the events system is going to be very useful going forward to help people make events.
    IesidChurchOonagh
  • On the bright side, this means three more days of bomb traps?
  • I’m gonna try and log in from work every day but Sunday which I have off. We will see what happens. Phonetolia activate
  • TiurTiur Producer
    It's just what it is! We couldn't figure out a better way to wrap it. It was either next weekend, or Monday. We opted for hurrying it the hell up.

If you want, I can turn imp traps back on?
    OonaghAloli
  • Tiur said:

It's just what it is! We couldn't figure out a better way to wrap it. It was either next weekend, or Monday. We opted for hurrying it the hell up.

If you want, I can turn imp traps back on?

Blow up everything to really make old-mage go out with a 'bang'. Turn on all the bombing things.
    Oonagh
  • EXPLOSIOOOOOOOOONS!