Calipso!

AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cakeBedford, VA
An agonized scream startles all into a brief hushed silence as Calipso finally transcends the mortal body, assuming the hollow form of a Tekal.

Gg, nublet.

Comments

• Awwwwwww thank you  ^.^.

My version:
    You have reached the illustrious level of 99.
    As the last bit of experience washes over your psyche, you are seized with a panic, suddenly unable
    to mentally contain the swell of power that comprises the sum total of your long journey to this
    point. Struggling to maintain control over the burgeoning tide of experience, you feel your body
    begin to tense and swell as if a larger physical container were the answer. Using your very body as
    a receptacle, you consciously channel the explosion of mental potence into your physical form.
    Almost immediately, the changes occur. Your skin tightens and stretches, taking on a grey sheen. You
    cannot help but scream in agony as your bones elongate and thicken, forcing muscle and tissue to
    adapt. As your body grows, you sense a void grow deep inside, a hollowness caused by and part of
    your sudden transformation. The gnawing emptiness has changed you profoundly, and you quickly
    recognize that only Divine essence might have any hope of filling it and making you whole once again.
     Without understanding how you know, you are aware that you are now Tekal, a hollow one.

And now..finally. BED.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Whee! Good on you, Calipso!

• Yay Calipso! Good job - hate I missed it.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    edited February 2013
    Don't worry, we can grief her back to 98 when she wakes up.
  • Congrats!
  • @Angwe - by we, you mean you and your traps?
    Calipso
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    Well done!

• DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Good work!
  • edited February 2013
    Calipso, Part 2:

[spoiler]

Before the eye of an elemental vortex.

A thunderstorm rages in the heavens, and rain blasts down all around you. Colourful clothing

fluttering and flapping, Avha waits here, eyes cast eastward. A five-sided pillar of dark, smoky

quartz clutches at the sky with lightning-wreathed claws of stone, surrounded by a veil of turbulent

air.  The elemental vortex dominates the sky, clawing at the leaden clouds with fingers of white

fire.

You see exits leading east and west.

H:7095(104%) M:6810(96%) W:30900(100%) E:30758(104%) Ess:100% B:100% XP:27.48% [ eb] +35w -2e

Calipso prepares herself mentally, as she bends over the rails, gripping at them and staring wide-eyed at the churning vortex ahead.

H:7095(104%) M:6810(96%) W:30879(99%) E:30758(104%) Ess:100% B:100% XP:27.48% [ e-]

You give a pained sigh.

Calipso dives off the railings, into the ocean.

You begin to steadily swim east.

H:7095(104%) M:6810(96%) W:30900(100%) E:30758(104%) Ess:100% B:100% XP:27.48% [ eb] +35w

In the maw of an elemental vortex.

A thunderstorm rages in the heavens, and rain blasts down all around you. No mortal could survive

the barrage of raw elemental energy the vortex offers at this proximity. The intensity of the vortex

has left the water here scalding, and arcs of lightning sweep through the area sporadically, flash-

frying anything caught in the water when they pass by. The Mournhold waterfroot looms against the

sky to the west, past the craggy, wirebound stones of the waterbreak.  The elemental vortex

dominates the sky, clawing at the leaden clouds with fingers of white fire.

You see exits leading north, east, south, and west.

H:7095(104%) M:7040(100%) W:30895(99%) E:30756(104%) Ess:100% B:100% XP:27.48% [ eb] -5w

You begin to flap your wings powerfully, and rise quickly up into the firmament.

Flying above In the maw of an elemental vortex.

A thunderstorm rages in the heavens, and rain blasts down all around you.  The elemental vortex

Calipso is surrounded within the thunderstorm, clouds whirling furiously as they swirl within the vortex.

Calipso breaths in the turbulent air, winds whipping furiously along her form.

Like a waterfall, rain pours down around you, soaking you thoroughly.

Dark shadows within the water hint at the life therein.

H:7095(104%) M:7040(100%) W:30900(100%) E:30754(104%) Ess:100% B:100% XP:27.48% [ eb]

Twirling upwards, Calipso reaches the top of the vortex, battering through its elemental furiosity, as she suddenly dives down to the waters once more.

You begin to descend, the wind whistling past you as the earth draws ever closer. You land easily, back on the ground again.

In the maw of an elemental vortex.

A thunderstorm rages in the heavens, and rain blasts down all around you.  The elemental vortex

H:7095(104%) M:7040(100%) W:30879(99%) E:30752(104%) Ess:100% B:100% XP:27.48% [ eb] +14w -2e

Calipso lands with a splash, swimming below within the churning masses, her Kelki form barely able to withstand the torrent of water.

You yell, "Aran de Kelki!"

H:7095(104%) M:7040(100%) W:30900(100%) E:30752(104%) Ess:100% B:100% XP:27.48% [ eb]

You yell, "Aran de Kelki!"

H:7095(104%) M:7040(100%) W:30900(100%) E:30752(104%) Ess:100% B:100% XP:27.48% [ eb]

Calipso extends her hands outwards, as she channels the powers of the Rafic and Yi, channeling the magics of the force that had destroyed Kelsys into her outstretched palms.

H:7095(104%) M:7040(100%) W:30900(100%) E:30752(104%) Ess:100% B:100% XP:27.48% [ e-]

Calipso channels forth Yuef, the one, calling upon the contained magics to fill her form.

H:7095(104%) M:7040(100%) W:30900(100%) E:30752(104%) Ess:100% B:100% XP:27.48% [ e-]

You yell, "By Yuef, and Rafic and Yi."

H:7095(104%) M:7040(100%) W:30879(99%) E:30752(104%) Ess:100% B:100% XP:27.48% [ eb] -14w

Reaching the apex of her control, Calipso releases the focus upon the energies, an almost blinding flash emitting from around her.

H:7095(104%) M:7040(100%) W:30879(99%) E:30752(104%) Ess:100% B:100% XP:27.48% [ e-]

Calipso form is bombarded with the intense elemental energies, a barrage of lightning crashing down from the vortex, striking furiously at the magics taking hold of it.

H:7095(104%) M:7040(100%) W:30900(100%) E:30752(104%) Ess:100% B:100% XP:27.48% [ e-] +7w

Throwing back your head, you scream agonizingly.

Like a waterfall, rain pours down around you, soaking you thoroughly.

H:7095(104%) M:7040(100%) W:30865(99%) E:30752(104%) Ess:100% B:100% XP:27.48% [ eb] -14w

Extending but one arm almost agonizingly upwards Calipso is suddenly surrounded by a sphere of water, rising out of the currents and slowly floating upon the surface. The waters themselves are streaked with laces of raw energy, hues of violet, white and orange.

H:7095(104%) M:7040(100%) W:30865(99%) E:30752(104%) Ess:100% B:100% XP:27.48% [ e-] -14w

You shout, "By the Yuef within me, I channel the power that saw the destruction of my Ancestral home,

Kelsys! Destruction shall bring about Creation anew."

H:7095(104%) M:7040(100%) W:25750(83%) E:25852(87%) Ess:100% B:100% XP:27.48% [ eb] -5115w -4900e

The powers fully embedding within her Calipso finally rises.

H:7095(104%) M:7040(100%) W:25766(83%) E:25916(88%) Ess:100% B:100% XP:27.48% [ e-] +23w +32e

Transcend Self

H:7095(104%) M:7040(100%) W:25766(83%) E:25916(88%) Ess:100% B:100% XP:27.48% [ e-] +23w +32e

Resolved, you still your thoughts and bend your mind to the task of completing your hollow form. The

essence within you roils as you ineptly attempt to manipulate it. Then, with horrifying suddenness,

you feel the constraints on your soul unravel, allowing the very essence of your being to spill away

and evaporate, taking swathes of your material form with it. Your fraying psyche begins to collapse

beneath its own weight, and as darkness laps at the edges of your vision, understanding finally

blossoms within you. In a fevered instant, you grasp what must be done, and from the rapidly

disintegrating remnants of your body you weave a new form, an echo of your imperfect self; a cage of

flesh and bone to contain your wild, unfettered mind. Your spirit once again settles uneasily within

your transformed flesh, and with bone-deep certainty you know you have become an Idreth.

A shiver runs through Creation, rapidly swelling into a thunderous, echoing tone that heralds the rebirth of the Idreth, Calipso.

H:6765(100%) M:7040(100%) W:30900(100%) E:29400(100%) Ess:100% B:100% XP:27.48% [ eb] -330h

Look me

She is an undead experienced Idreth and is a mesmerizing sight. Her skin is tinged blue, like that

of a Kelki, caressing her entire body, yet her appearance speaks of something more than mere Kelki...

her breathtaking beauty almost haunting in form. Her body is designed in almost perfect reflection

of feminine qualities, from the curves of her bodice to the size of her hips, all the way down to

her slender sleek legs. Her height is quite tall, almost to 7 feet, her indomitable form rearing up

over any mortal man. That she is aquatic is no mystery, with small rainbow-hued translucent fins

extending from her arms and calves. Strangely enough, two large thin translucent dorsal fins extend

almost gracefully from her back, somewhat similar to the wings on a butterfly. The two dorsal fins

extend sharply upwards, giving the impression that she is able to both glide through not only sea,

but skies as well. Her eyes shine like amethyst, the purple hued irises filled with mystery and

wonder, energy she no doubt harnessed and channeled to rise into her current Idreth form. Her lush

pink hued lips part easily, almost too perfectly, and an almost whisper of a hauntingly beautiful

melody fills your mind ever so slightly...causing you to feel hazy and unfocused as she does so. She

has no mortal hair upon her entire sleek form, not even her head, yet several long black tendril

locks of midnight flow from her scalp down to her waist, giving almost an illusion of hair. Truly,

she is the embodiment of the beauty of the sea, and the desire in all, an ascended Kelki of her

people.

[/spoiler]

Above is a log of the powers I invoked.

Resolved, you still your thoughts and bend your mind to the task of completing your hollow form. The

essence within you roils as you ineptly attempt to manipulate it. Then, with horrifying suddenness,

you feel the constraints on your soul unravel, allowing the very essence of your being to spill away

and evaporate, taking swathes of your material form with it. Your fraying psyche begins to collapse

beneath its own weight, and as darkness laps at the edges of your vision, understanding finally

blossoms within you. In a fevered instant, you grasp what must be done, and from the rapidly

disintegrating remnants of your body you weave a new form, an echo of your imperfect self; a cage of

flesh and bone to contain your wild, unfettered mind. Your spirit once again settles uneasily within

your transformed flesh, and with bone-deep certainty you know you have become an Idreth.

A shiver runs through Creation, rapidly swelling into a thunderous, echoing tone that heralds the rebirth of the Idreth, Calipso.

Also, props to whomever wrote the Idreth transformations lines. Even I was slightly frightened reading what was happening to my Calipso.

Edit:  oh whoops, almost forgot this funny part:

The guttural, bellowing voice of Haern, the Hunter resounds across the land, "Well, that's jus' right pitiful an' ignorant. They ain't teaching you Cabalists well."

Love you @Haern!
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    yeaaaah, Didn't Do Your Research with the shout. Unless you're claiming your personal will destroyed kelsys.

Grats though.

Amara

• Eleanor said:
    yeaaaah, Didn't Do Your Research with the shout. Unless you're claiming your personal will destroyed kelsys.

Grats though.
    How so? I admit it was spur of the moment but I thought to only mention Yuef in my shout. as to not over complicate it. If you scroll up, you will see I invoked Rafic for the location I was in, being the vortex and thus graveyard of Kelsys, as well as Yi for the magic.
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Look up the help file for Idreth. Then go look at the files for Yeleni and Azudim. Ascending to Idreth is a feat of personal strength and will. Yeleni is the embodiment of life and creation. Azudim is the embodiment of death and destruction. In your shout, you mentioned essentially becoming a force of destruction or whatever. If you wanted to be a force of destruction, Azudim would've worked way better, and that's probably the part you didn't do the research on.
    Amara
  • Phoenecia said:
    Look up the help file for Idreth. Then go look at the files for Yeleni and Azudim. Ascending to Idreth is a feat of personal strength and will. Yeleni is the embodiment of life and creation. Azudim is the embodiment of death and destruction. In your shout, you mentioned essentially becoming a force of destruction or whatever. If you wanted to be a force of destruction, Azudim would've worked way better, and that's probably the part you didn't do the research on.
    ah no, I think Eleanor was focusing on my mentioned of Yuef, which is the self and will. As for becoming a force of destruction, that was not the purpose of the ascension nor ritual. The concept of it was that usually we would utilize divine essence to complete us into a Yeleni or Azudim. As Idreth had no tie to divine, Calipso utilized the rampant energies of the vortex as a catalyst to fuel her ascension. Since the vortex was the called upon energies that rent her home asunder, it was somewhat poetic to utilize these same energies to enhance her. Thus the shout.
  • AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, Nevada
    edited February 2013
    Calipso. I'm not sure what Eleanor was saying, because I don't know anything about the Cabalists and their crazy numbers. That said, I suspect she means that your mentioning of Yuef was wrong, because you weren't concentrating on yourself, you were concentrating on the vortex.

Also, Phoe -is- right. From HELP IDRETH, "An Idreth is a mortal who has, through sheer willpower and refined focus, mastered the very matter and energy of their form." - Their form. Not a vortex. Not a place that was destroyed how long before Calipso was even born? If you want destruction, you should've joined the other Azudim players, not Idreth. I know the endgame races are kind of mucked up at this point, but they've got that much going for them: Yeleni is Life and Creation. Azudim is Destruction (S'a reason so many Haernites are Azudims now, and why Auresae has a couple pyromaniac Azudim). Idreth is self.

Edit: I figured I should add in that they're not trying to be insulting or anything, just giving input. The unfortunate truth of posting this sorta thing on the internet is that all of our very opinionated companions are going to give their input if they see fit.
  • edited February 2013
    Alistaire said:
    Calipso. I'm not sure what Eleanor was saying, because I don't know anything about the Cabalists and their crazy numbers. That said, I suspect she means that your mentioning of Yuef was wrong, because you weren't concentrating on yourself, you were concentrating on the vortex.

Also, Phoe -is- right. From HELP IDRETH, "An Idreth is a mortal who has, through sheer willpower and refined focus, mastered the very matter and energy of their form." - Their form. Not a vortex. Not a place that was destroyed how long before Calipso was even born? If you want destruction, you should've joined the other Azudim players, not Idreth. I know the endgame races are kind of mucked up at this point, but they've got that much going for them: Yeleni is Life and Creation. Azudim is Destruction (S'a reason so many Haernites are Azudims now, and why Auresae has a couple pyromaniac Azudim). Idreth is self.

Edit: I figured I should add in that they're not trying to be insulting or anything, just giving input. The unfortunate truth of posting this sorta thing on the internet is that all of our very opinionated companions are going to give their input if they see fit.
    I did not say Phoenecia was wrong, the definition she gave of Idreth -WAS- correct. In my previous post I also did mention that Eleanor was more than likely mentioning Yuef as being misinterpreted, which is what I was pointing to Phoenecia whom seemed to have misunderstood her comment. If anything this seems to have become a spiral of misunderstanding exchanges  left and right. I mean you even now you mention in your post "That said, I suspect she means that your mentioning of Yuef was wrong,.." which is exactly what I stated in my own post..which brings me to wonder if you had read the previous posts before placing yours.

Idreth IS the enhancement of self by sheer will, this is not being disputed, I added flavor to it by making a rite out of it that was important to my character, which also made very much perfect sense since we mortals were never able to do this before recent discoveries, having had to utilize Divine Essence (in theory) for the process. As such, I utilized the vortex as a CATALYST to help empower the procedure.

Also as I said in my previous post, Eleanor is correct in believing my shouting of Yuef was misplaced, but also 'as I said in my previous post' (which again it really seems like you did not read) I only mentioned in my shout of Yuef, which is self and will, which is what I was enhancing, because if I mentioned more than that it would just sound confusing to the public. The truth of the matter (as can be seen by the ritual I had done by the way) was that I utilized Rafic for place (being the site of the vortex), Yi for magic and Yuef for self.

I thought everything down carefully, trust me when I say it was not incorrect. Also this is not an insult or anything, as Alistair said, simply my opinion.

P.S: I also really dont see Azudim as having place in the Life orgs. I know that for years it was complained and debated strongly that they should be there, but the fact of the matter is that they are faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more shadow than light. The very transformation is focused around Shadow, the source Damariel himself stated was anathema to them. The ascension message of an Azudim is also "Shadows creeping across the firmament". Azudim have also been noted in lore as being terrifying beings, and I honestly could not picture "marshals of death" in the ranks of the Life/Light organizations. It sounds as silly as a Yeleni vampire cheering for life.
  • If you think that the endgame races are as simple as one cheers for life and another is only marshals of death ad destruction, I think you're missing something, somewhere. Characters are not perfect. Characters do not choose one form or another because of the help file. I could think of plenty of reasons for 'Lifers' to want to have the force of death and destruction behind them in their quest to overtake vampires and undead. Why shouldn't there be a Yeleni vampire? If they want to channel creation, life, the things that keep them stocked up on blood and able to actually function? (Couldn't think of anything better, just woke up)

Yes, there was a time when the endgame races were highly divided, but the game has evolved past that point, in my opinion.
    Lin
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited February 2013
    Death is part of the Cycle, thus part of Lifers - they are part of the same thread. Death - an ending, the thing Undead are trying to avoid, despite the very very old and long past stigma of the endgame polarization. Yeleni are of life, enduring, rebirth, both things that Undeath very easily can twist to its own means.

The lack of research comes in several forms - Cabalist skills, the vortex, the grasp on what the endgame races are, the destruction of Kelsys (channeling the vortex is like channeling a sword that killed your parents, rather than the death/energies of the person wielding the sword - the vortex being linked to Kerrithrim, which *killed a god, let alone being harnessed by a mortal?*), and what actually went on there, where its grave was how energies are channeled, to your own description which forces way too much from other characters (you simply cannot force that everyone desires your character, or that they hear a melody in their heads when she talks, or that she is this much of a paragon, perfected embodiment, etc.)

Edit: You can defend and write off the critique that you've been given on this, but it doesn't change that there are some pretty prominent leaps and flaws. We're not trying to troll you or harass you.
    PhoeneciaPiperAngweRho
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Actually I wasn't commenting on the numerology! A passing mention of it like that is broad enough to be fine (and it's a bit rough to expect people to know the proper numerological lore when nobody teaches it anymore- I don't think most of the new cabal has even read the scrolls we have documenting the founding of the ankyrean cabal!). I was saying that the rest of the shout was wrong. You didn't call on any outside influences to enhance Calipso- the ascension to Idreth is specifically a feat of personal will.

• edited February 2013
    Areka said:
    Death is part of the Cycle, thus part of Lifers - they are part of the same thread. Death - an ending, the thing Undead are trying to avoid, despite the very very old and long past stigma of the endgame polarization. Yeleni are of life, enduring, rebirth, both things that Undeath very easily can twist to its own means.

The lack of research comes in several forms - Cabalist skills, the vortex, the grasp on what the endgame races are, the destruction of Kelsys (channeling the vortex is like channeling a sword that killed your parents, rather than the death/energies of the person wielding the sword - the vortex being linked to Kerrithrim, which *killed a god, let alone being harnessed by a mortal?*), and what actually went on there, where its grave was how energies are channeled, to your own description which forces way too much from other characters (you simply cannot force that everyone desires your character, or that they hear a melody in their heads when she talks, or that she is this much of a paragon, perfected embodiment, etc.)

Edit: You can defend and write off the critique that you've been given on this, but it doesn't change that there are some pretty prominent leaps and flaws. We're not trying to troll you or harass you.
    Yes I understand this, and I accept all criticism, it is what can drive me to do better. I admit the description should have been thought through better, and only today I had reworked it to be more "enhanced Kelki features" rather then "embodiment of perfection" (which I actually took that line out). Later if you like I can even post up my new description for her. Please no one think I choose such an "embodiment of womenly perfection" out of some mundane thoughts of "being the sexiest player", I actually loathe people like that. My entire concept was focused more towards one of Chakrasul's teachings, that of Desire and Lust, in which Calipso would have utilized to her advantage. However as I said, I took this part out, it really wasnt helping me in the way I had wanted.

I admit I could have perhaps done this more fluidly, but my inspiration was my love for the concept of Idreth. No divine involvement, no greater powers 'gifting' me this form, simply sheer will. In any tales, my favorite characters are those that strive forward and enhance their strengths by their sheer will, and are not given the hero title on a silver platter.

Your definition of the vortex is correct, and some would think it is blasphemous to even think to utilize the power that, in relative terms, "killed your parents",  however Calipso is a firm believer in Chakrasul's teachings of suffering, and as such would grow stronger by this power, rather than simply despise it.

also: @Eleanor: Calipso is an avid scholar and research into the cabal past, and has read those scrolls! I would love for our characters to have more interactions into Eleanor's involvement within the shaping of the Cabalists.
  • I'm curious about her. But apparently not enough for Meyvitch to TALK to her. better luck next time. :)
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*