4/18/2019 at 2:53
Razmael, the Synthesist
The helpfile for the Egghunt game has been added under HELP EGGHUNT! I'm also mirroring the post here in this announce post for it for ease-of-reading and discussion.
This event is different from similar-named events in other IRE games, so make sure you read it properly so you are all prepared when it starts in a couple of days.
Eggs have been scattered across the land in this global game! Build your nest somewhere safe, then go out and bring eggs back to it. The winner is whoever has the most eggs in their nest by the end of the game. Watch out for nest robbers!
HOW TO PLAY
First, you must CONSTRUCT NEST somewhere safe to store your eggs. There's a few restrictions on this, but generally your nest can only be constructed in a place accessible to everyone. So not inside a city, behind a locked door, in a building and so on. If you somehow construct a nest in a place deemed inappropriate by the event-runner, it will be moved for you.
Now you must hunt down eggs for your nest! You can find eggs scattered throughout the world... or you can simply take one from someone else's nest! Simply GET EGG to take it from the ground, or GET EGG FROM NEST to take it from a nest.
Then just bring the egg back to your nest and PUT EGG IN NEST to store it away. Only eggs in your nest will count towards your point total at the end of the game!
Be warned though, due to the delicate nature of the eggs you can only carry one egg at a time, and you can only make use of normal walking movement. Any other movement will cause you to fumble with the egg, dropping it.
1) CONSTRUCT NEST
2) Find egg
3) GET EGG, or GET EGG FROM NEST
4) Go back to nest
5) PUT EGG IN NEST
6) Repeat from step 2.
The eggs you want to find are called 'a colourful, striped egg' and each of these in your nest at the end of the game counts as 1 point. There is currently only this single egg variety.
Due to the nature of how this is played, the event is considered Open PK while it is being run.
Some of the quirk and oddities of holding an egg, to help keep the game fair and balanced.
1) You can only use normal movement while holding an egg. Anything else makes the egg drop.
2) The egg being put into anything that's not a nest will cause it to be dropped.
3) Nests are very strange. They have certain properties that make them act like a monolith sigil.
4) Eggs fall from your inventory on logout or death.
5) During this event, like some other global games, your move speed will be fixed to 4, regardless of any modifications you might have towards it.
- Sets the location of your nest, if your current room is appropriate.
- Tells you the room name of your nest
- Is your nest being raided too much? Consider moving it. This is a channeled action that takes a few seconds to complete, and moves it to the room you're standing it. If your nest has any eggs in it, it'll lose one of those eggs upon completion.
- See the current standings of the egghunt players.
PATH FIND NEST
- Forgot where your nest is? No problem, path find back to it easily.
Penned by my hand on Gosday, the 18th of Severin, in the year 480 MA.