The Plane of Aetolia (MTG)

KasimirKasimir Clearwater, FLMember Posts: 50 ✭✭✭
edited March 2019 in Echo Canyon
tl;dr Make your character into an MTG card! I used this place for the examples in this discussion.

I had the rare opportunity to interact with Rhyot, and was inspired by the Lord of Lords to turn him into a Magic, The Gathering lord! I eventually didn't, but only because I like this direction more.
What was I thinking when I made this? "Who's up for the lesser?" and "He don't die, does he? He finally learned Avoidance?"

How do you think you'd turn out in the MTG world? Challenge yourself too, and try making someone else!

I'm sticking to creatures for the moment, but only because I'm not motivated to figure out how to properly mock up planeswalkers. If I figure out where I want Kasimir to settle, I'll make his.
RhyotAloliEmirVyxsisFezzixPazradym

Comments

• AloliAloli Member Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭
    That's really nice art too. Is the link in your signature your work?
  • KasimirKasimir Clearwater, FLMember Posts: 50 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Aloli said:

That's really nice art too. Is the link in your signature your work?

I agree, regarding art! The staff involved in developing the game are typically on-point with small details, and color coordination is high on their priorities. Whether this looks like Rhyot when he's idling in Bloodloch is a different story. Very appropriate for when he's hunting.

The link Is not mine! I found it looking for something else and it was just too cool to ignore. For references sake, as I need to change out my avatar anyway:
    https://www.boredpanda.com/glow-in-the-dark-paintings-vivien-szaniszlo/
    Aloli
  • VyxsisVyxsis VyxsisMember Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭
    editing a card might take a tiny amount of work, so here's an existing card that just is vyxsis

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=455913
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

KasimirEmirAloli
  • TiurTiur Producer Member, Administrator, Immortal Posts: 958 admin
    Fezzix said:

Esper is kinda appropriate for Spines, hm
    EmirKelliaraStathanFezzix
    Tiur said:

Esper is kinda appropriate for Spines, hm

Hmm...I see them more as Flash, jumping in and out of phase with reality, running through wormholes (quantum tunneling), and so on. They should definitely be able to create afterimages or alternate-time doubles through the "speed force!" Esper would be a stretch and a meshpot.

• MjollMjoll Member Posts: 230 ✭✭✭✭

Behold!
    MoxieVyxsisAloliFezzix
    I was making a pretty deep joke about Magic wedges x_x. Like Mjoll just posted a color combo, Mardu, which are basically the Horde.
    VyxsisStathanAloli
    Tiur said:

I was making a pretty deep joke about Magic wedges x_x. Like Mjoll just posted a color combo, Mardu, which are basically the Horde.

That wasn't an accident ;)
    VyxsisEmirStathan
  • IazamatIazamat Member Posts: 274 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for the double post, but someone (EMIR) informed me my card was "busted af", so I've made the necessary changes to appease WotC for its inevitable official release.

Vyxsis
  • FezzixFezzix Member Posts: 320 ✭✭✭✭
    Good Lord, I thought I was being vain when I made my card a 2/5.
    Vyxsis
  • TozToz Member Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stayed true to the source. I make everyone else better just by showing up B-)

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous
    ---------------------------

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of unicorns awfulness Toz
    VyxsisIazamatMoxie
    Fezzix doesn't really beat things to death, though. Seems right.
    FezzixVyxsis
  • TekiasTekias WisconsinMember Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
    Toz said:

I stayed true to the source. I make everyone else better just by showing up B-)

What about mine? Weak as unicorns in the battle, but buffing others by distributing cred-I mean energy tokens to be used for +1/+1s?
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

Vyxsis
  • EmirEmir Member Posts: 386 ✭✭✭✭
    I stayed very true tyvm. My card promises mass destruction. It may or may not be beneficial. 
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    Vyxsis
  • IesidIesid Member Posts: 102 ✭✭✭
    I love it.
    Vyxsis
  • PazradymPazradym Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Sooo, I couldn't decide what to make for this. Made a whole mess of them, here are my favorites.

By the divine might of Omei, you are restored to life.
    Omei gives the corpse of a headless cadaver to you.
    Omei offers you a quick wink.

AloliStathanVyxsis
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress SwedenMember Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    It's been far too long since I played MTG, but I gave this a shot for fun.

Post edited by Teani on

FezzixVyxsisPazradymAloli
    I would make a card, but I can't find any generators that make silver borders. We all know any Tiur card should have the silver border.
    KasimirAloli
    hmm... a card for @Aloli ... I may have to brainstorm something. 

Aloli
    edited March 2019
    Never say I don't deliver! This was really fun to make... might have to try my hands at others later.

Edit:In hindsight there a couple mistakes on this, text should read "Other monk creatures you control" and should probably be either a 3/3 or cost one more white mana for actual game balance...

RhyotAloliKasimirLeana
    Haha 

@Pazradym I love this! ♥️
    Pazradym