<pre>2/22/2019 at 22:00
Tiur, the Gnosis
Aetolia is once more accepting applications for new Celani in the Pools of Creation. This is a volunteer position where you can help shape the world of Aetolia, with the potential to eventually take on a roleplay position of one our of Gods. There are many tasks expected of you as a Celani. Some of these are building entire areas, constructing and running events, engaging in roleplay, creating scripts for NPCs and plenty more!
If you feel you have what it takes to make the cut, then read on and follow the instructions for applying! Please note that this is a VOLUNTEER position, and during your time as a Celani you will be expected to give up your other characters.
We are taking one kind of applicant this time around, a little differently phrased:
* Those who are interested in creating story depth and engagement, especially through items, roleplay, and events. Where normally we'd call this an "RPLani", we're looking for a "Contentlani" specifically. Building emphasis, especially a desire to flesh out boring areas with small quests, new content, fun things to make areas feel alive... this is what we need.
Successful applicants for both roles tend to have the following skills:
- A love for Aetolia and a desire to enrich its world.
- Improvisational skills.
- The ability to handle critique and rejection. Many of the ideas you will propose will be rejected, whereas ones you see to completion will suffer the critique of your fellow Celani/Gods and, perhaps more terrifying, players.
Successful applicants for a RP/CONTENT role tend to have the following skills:
- Strong roleplaying ability.
- Impeccable writing skills.
- Ability to disconnect and RP for the game, not for gain
In order to apply, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be 18 years or older IRL.
- You must have, at absolute mininum, at least 500 hours of playing time.
- Be willing to sign a NDA.
You must send your application to [email protected]
and include the following:
1. Your real name.
2. Your real age.
3. What position you would apply for (yes, we're only asking for one..)
5. Your occupation (or course of study if a student)
6. Your character(s) in Aetolia.
7. Why should we make you a Celani, and perhaps eventually a God?
8. Why do you want to be a Celani?
9. Any special experience you have outside of Aetolia that you feel might be helpful in your position as a Celani.
Those applying for a RP/CONTENT role should also include:
10. Two room descriptions of at least 100+ words.
11. A brief outline for an RP event, roughly 100 to 200 words in length. This should be smaller in scope than an events post, more something that makes a single city have a fun few days and talk about inside their orgs.
12. An area you feel could be made better, an explanation of why, and a brief plan for what you think it'd take. Don't worry about being too in depth here, there are aspects of this a non-Celani might not even know exist!
Applications will be open until the 8th of March. We have a limited number of positions to fill, so if you don't make it, don't be too disappointed! Hold onto your application and send it in next time we open applications.
Also, please note that we take into account the game's environment as a whole. If you run multiple orgs we might not be able to afford losing you on the player side.
PS. We're crazy busy! Expect to learn by doing instead of organized tasks. It's more fun that way anyway.
Penned by my hand on Kinsday, the 18th of Variach, in the year 479 MA.</pre>