Announce post #2928: Milestone wares

<pre>2/10/2019 at 23:22
Razmael, the Synthesist
Everyone
Milestone wares

The start of the milestone shop is here! Simply use MILESTONE WARES to see what's available and then MILESTONE BUY <#> to purchase that item.

We're still working on the prizes for the golden keystones so you may want to hold onto those rather than convert them to silvers. If you have any suggestions for any other items you'd like to see in the milestone shop, let us know in the accompanying thread.

Penned by my hand on Kinsday, the 21st of Niuran, in the year 478 MA.</pre>
KalinaarStathan

Comments

• TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    What do the colorful gems and prize tickets do?
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• ImvraImvra Immortal Immortal
    Colorful Gems are for the shop in Siha Dilys (v 49927)! The prize tickets are for the year 460 shop (v 62419) with some unique wares of questionable quality.
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    Would there be a chance to see some of the haunted house items?
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
  • Two quick questions and then two suggestions for possible wares:

1.) How did you come to the value of 1 bronze keystone at 500 gold? It seems like a relatively low number, there are other "quick" or daily quests that can net you 1000+ gold for 10-15 minutes of work, whereas some of the daily milestones feel closer to 45-60 minutes of work on average.

2.) How is the experience amount determined? Does it increase/decrease at higher levels, or is it a flat % of the total amount you need to move up to the next level?

As for my suggestions:
    • Some kind of bonus to the amount of fishing ability you gain with each catch for a period of time
    • Some kind of bonus related to the amount of faction points you gain (for Gulleyes, the SGS, etc.) for the next X amount of weeks or so
  • I feel like the 500 gold for bronze milestone leaves the players with a nice foundation to build value off if they decide to sell keystones among themselves without making them something you need to shell out credits for. Gives you something to spend gold on. The xp you can buy appears to be flat, at least past level 100.
    Zaila
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    The price of a milestone shouldnt be monumental since 1) everyone gets them and 2) making gold is stupidly easy. As is stands, there are still no real gold sinks that are useful for the game so a handful of people are sitting on multi millions of gold, in some cases hundreds of millions. So pricing a milestone for 500 gold is a good deal.

I dont think that trading in milestones for faction experience would be a good idea because the push behind factions is to have a steady playerbase that will grind for it. Not something that can be maxed out in a single day. Additionally, since fishing has absolutely no danger output but 100% gain in terms of stupid easy gold/experience... I dont think there needs to be an increase in skill gain for fishing for the exact reason I stated about faction points.

StathanZailaAxius
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Worsu said:

Two quick questions and then two suggestions for possible wares:

1.) How did you come to the value of 1 bronze keystone at 500 gold? It seems like a relatively low number, there are other "quick" or daily quests that can net you 1000+ gold for 10-15 minutes of work, whereas some of the daily milestones feel closer to 45-60 minutes of work on average.

2.) How is the experience amount determined? Does it increase/decrease at higher levels, or is it a flat % of the total amount you need to move up to the next level?

As for my suggestions:

• Some kind of bonus to the amount of fishing ability you gain with each catch for a period of time
    • Some kind of bonus related to the amount of faction points you gain (for Gulleyes, the SGS, etc.) for the next X amount of weeks or so
    1) We went with a conservative value to start with, and 500 just felt like a good starting point. There will be room for adjustment later on.

2) Yeah, the formula takes your current level into account and the experience is scaled accordingly. It's not a percentage of your experience-to-level.

Thanks for the suggestions!
  • Could we get some exchange ups, like you have downs right now for the milestones?

Ie. Spend X bronze milestones to get a silver or gold milestone, or X silver to get a gold one.

Thanks
  • TiurTiur Producer
    We're discussing it. It likely won't be that direct. But first we want to see if people do miss gold stones and by how much.
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Razmael said:

2) Yeah, the formula takes your current level into account and the experience is scaled accordingly. It's not a percentage of your experience-to-level. Thanks for the suggestions!
    @Razmael Are you sure it accounts for current level and not just 100+??

The only reason I ask about that is because Stathan and I checked the experience keystones and both of us have about 15k each for it. And our levels are severely different.

That said, I probably wont use my keystones for experience because 15k is like 2 mobkills for me but still. Oversight? Bug? Or is it just a static thing because we're both over level 100?

• I feel like these are forgotten about in pretty much every promotion, or maybe there's a reason they're not as popular, but I would really enjoy to have access to these again:

- Cherry chocolate increases the amount of gold mobs drop for you by 30% for 8 hours.
    - Fudge chocolate increase your move speed by +2 for 8 hours.
    - Almond chocolate increases your balance/equilibrium recovery by 1 level, when attacking PvE targets, for 8 hours.
    - White chocolate increases all your resistances by 10% for 8 hours.
    KalinaarAnsidia
  • I did get one of the white chocolates in the giftbags when I was buying up credits this month. I changed the color to PvP for better luck. I had no idea that's what it did >>

(Illuminai): Saltz says, "Moxie is just doing the Moxie thing to do, often misinterpreted."

(Tells): Sir Iames Gallant, the Executioner tells you, "The one Illuminai beyond prayer, I swear."

Valingar: "How could a daughter of me, the most noble man in the south, be so heartless?"

(Tells): Haven Locke, Illuminai Khimaira tells you, "Be that as it may, I've also seen the strength in you. You can take care of yourself."
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Totally agree. The idea behind the PROMOTIONS command is to eventually gather all that information in an easy place, even if it's just referencing helpfiles or announces. It's just one more thing on the NEVERENDING LIST.
    Moxie
  • @Tiur can we get the other chocolates added to the milestone shop or was that idea already nixed before being implemented?
    edited February 2019
    Rhyot said:

@Razmael Are you sure it accounts for current level and not just 100+??

The only reason I ask about that is because Stathan and I checked the experience keystones and both of us have about 15k each for it. And our levels are severely different.

That said, I probably wont use my keystones for experience because 15k is like 2 mobkills for me but still. Oversight? Bug? Or is it just a static thing because we're both over level 100?
    Should be fixed, it wasn't scaling correctly past 100.
    Stine said:

@Tiur can we get the other chocolates added to the milestone shop or was that idea already nixed before being implemented?

Only having those 4 in the shop was an intentional decision. We wanted to reserve some for being promo-only.
    SteeleRhyotStine
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    If I wanted to buy 10 of the 25% xp boost for 1 hour....

Would I get 25% xp for 10 hours or 250% xp for 1 hour??

Moxie
    Rhyot said:

If I wanted to buy 10 of the 25% xp boost for 1 hour....

Would I get 25% xp for 10 hours or 250% xp for 1 hour??

25% for 10 hours.
    SteeleRhyotTekiasKalinaar
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    So I'm just going to say... I'm really enjoying this new addition to the game. It's definitely something that allows for more than just the mindless bashing or emoting. It gives you something to do, even if its just a quick 10 minutes.

That said, are there any intentions on having/allowing more than one daily milestone mission? Or maybe allow a gold cost to reroll daily milestones... something to the tune that's multiplicative?

First daily reset = 100 gold
    Second daily = 1000 gold
    Third daily = 10000 gold
    Fourth daily = 100000 gold, etc etc?

ZailaKalinaarTeani