Character Creation

TozToz Member Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
So on a less salty note I decided to test character generation.

First, if you pick Indorani class you can join any city. I picked Duiran, I thought that fit well.

Obvious bug aside, it also means monks get automatically funneled to Duiran and Syssin to Spinesreach, because of the guild. Since they can join ANY  city, I'd suggest the following:

- Provide a brief breakdown of each city and have that selected first
- List classes linked to that city for selection, with a BACK option to return to city select
- For classes without a guild in that city (Indo in Duiran haha), a warning "You have picked a class not native to the city. Would you like to join a different guild, or remain guildless?" And then the option to enroll in a guild directly that way
- Allow shapeshifter to be selected at char gen
- I will rewrite an entire tutorial if it means getting off of Slaver's Isle

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of unicorns awfulness Toz
ZailaMoxieSteeleLuasLeanaAloli

Comments

• SteeleSteele Member, Bot Posts: 52 ✭✭
    Not sure if you'd be able to pick shifter at chargen, you'd have to revert to be able to revert to _something_. Everything else sounds like a good idea to me though
  • ZailaZaila Pacific TimeMember Posts: 454 ✭✭✭✭
    Some people genuinely like being able to revert to a nothing, they find it a fun character trait. That said - if you had the capacity to choose just-shifter as your starting class, that warning should be made all sorts of bold and in your face.

"YOU WILL BE PRETTY USELESS WHILE NOT IN YOUR SHAPESHIFTED FORM IF YOU START WITH TAKE THIS CLASS"
    Leana
  • TozToz Member Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steele said:
    Not sure if you'd be able to pick shifter at chargen, you'd have to revert to be able to revert to _something_. Everything else sounds like a good idea to me though
    Yeah a few notable shifters just don't have another class. Does the same thing being classless normally does.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of unicorns awfulness Toz
    Sklax