<pre>11/26/2018 at 23:15
Razmael, the Synthesist
Duiran leadership structure
When we changed Duiran's governing system back in 2016, it was a bit of an experiment for us in trying out new leadership styles for city. While we're still fond of the overall arrangement of the Speaker system, time has revealed some flaws in it that we want to address. Here are the changes:
- Duiran once more has a city leader position, i.e. the person above the Speakers. This is called the Presiding Voice.
- This is a bit unique compared to other city leader positions. Normally, the ruling council would SUPPORT one of their own and 3/5th majority supported gets the leadership position. For Duiran however, this is going to work a bit differently. Speakers can CONTEST for the position (contest person/vacancy as voice of duiran) and the entire Council can then vote on it like a normal election.
- Speaker<->Guild interaction works a bit differently now too. Guild members can contest for the Speaker position of their guild like before, but now the election becomes a Council-wide election. Everybody in Duiran votes on the outcome. Only members of the Guild that Speaker position relates to can join the election however.
- There is now a fourth Speaker position. This Speaker position is not tied to any guild. Anybody in Duiran can contest for it, both those in a guild and without.
- Guild Speaker system still remains.
- Only guild members can contest that Speaker position, but now everybody in the city can vote in the election instead of just guild-only.
- Duiran gets one more Speaker positions that can come from anybody.
- Overall leader is an elected position, only Speakers can contest it. Whole of Duiran votes.
To contest your guild's Speaker:
CONTEST PERSON/VACANCY AS SPEAKER OF SENTINELS/SENTAARI/SHAMANS
To contest the general city Speaker:
CONTEST PERSON/VACANCY AS SPEAKER OF DUIRAN
To contest the Voice position (only for Speakers):
CONTEST PERSON/VACANCY AS VOICE OF DUIRAN
Penned by my hand on Kinsday, the 15th of Arios, in the year 477 MA.</pre>