I used to play another IRE game (Achaea) back around 1999-2005. Recently got nostalgic, logged into my character. Nothing was the same (not even my class), but it felt familiar enough that it was too weird for me -- like waking up next to a spouse who looked the same but had a different personality. Also, nobody I knew back then is still playing so I decided a clean start elsewhere would be better.
I have a few questions, thank you so much for your help.
1. Classes - I know this is subjective, but I was hoping to get a bit more information. I am interested in a few classes, namely Shaman, Luminary, and Monk. I don't like to PvP and likely won't ever take part in it if I can help it (which sucks in IRE games because that means half or more of your skills are basically useless, heh), so this is more about bashing and flavor.
- I know all classes can get to 100+ or whatever level, but out of Shaman, Luminary, and Monk, which would be the most enjoyable / least tedious?
- Is there a class that people like to "have around", just in general (whether they're one of the three I mentioned, or any other class)? I've always liked playing utility classes in MMORPGs ... being useful is nice, whether for buffs/debuffs/heals.
- If I were to get attacked, which class would give me a better chance to run away like a chicken and live to cry another day?
- How many lessons does it take now to tri-trans all class skills? Also, what other skillsets do you need for bashing, and should they be transcendent too?
- The Shaman, Luminary, and Monk -- do any of them need artefacts? Even if you're not into PvP?
2. Crafting - I enjoy crafting for crafting's sake, but I do also enjoy being able to maybe sell the things I make.
- Do people still buy crafted items, or does everyone already have their own crafting skills so they could just make their own stuff without needing to buy things from someone else?
- I'm assuming that you can basically learn all crafting skills you want? (Because $$$ for the credits.) I thought I'd ask anyway, just in case.
- Level with me: If we don't consider "RP flavor", which crafting skills are basically useless/worthless?
3. Shops - Back when I played Achaea, I had a shop. I was lucky in that there was someone who was selling one of her shops and I had been fortunate (or foolish?) enough to have enough money to buy credits to purchase it. Being a shopkeeper and getting to sell all the clothes and jewelry I designed was the best part of the game for me, especially when I would randomly see someone wearing my items when looking at them or when customers messaged for special custom designs they wanted. I know just how rare it is for a shop to be for sale, and of course the crazy amount of credits needed to even be eligible to make a bid that might win it.
- Is the system the same here in Aetolia (that is, extremely limited places, extremely expensive, good luck ever getting your hands on one)? When I was snooping around all the IRE games trying to find one that would fill the Achaea gap, I read something about aethershops that existed in Lusternia that were different from normal shops and that it didn't need the humungous credit outlay at the start, so I was curious about Aetolia.
- If you don't have a shop, are you doomed with regards to being able to sell things to people?
Thank you again!