Gone Fishin'

PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of EsterportSomewhere in Attica
edited October 2018 in Roleplay Logs
Hey, everyone!

This log is a follow-up to the last log I posted, 'To Catch a Fish', and involves the hunting and killing of Torax, child of Jox by the combined forces of Enorian and Duiran.

The log is entirely from @Belgarion's POV as he's the one who provided the log. I've edited out most of the combat and ballista stuff aside from a few key moments because it got kinda spammy.

All in all? This whole encounter was super fun, and felt kind of like a WoW raid with the little bit of coordination needed.
Stine arrives from the northeast.

Croaking, Archmage Oonagh Morrog says, "Hrm, I would have expected more, but some are not
necessarily keen to sermons, so for that I am understanding, I will give just a few more moments, before I begin the Poem of Water."

(Enorian): Eliadon says, "We will not play Singularity or Holocaust chicken at the pylon, I promise."

(Enorian): Church says, "Don't make promises that Emir can't keep!"

Eliadon enters from the northeast, riding a white-cloaked gryphon.

Oonagh nods his head at Eliadon.

Church frowns and says in an exotic tone, "Not just anyone can be blessed."

A beautiful, radiant ship of bronze and stained wood comes into view off the coast of Enorian,
massive sails furling as anchor is weighed.

Docent Eliadon, Magus Most Magnanimous says, "Oh."

Docent Eliadon, Magus Most Magnanimous says, "Are we going leviathan hunting."

Oonagh clears his throat, nodding quietly as he reaches down into the basin and scoops up a bit of water, "And thus....we bless this journey, with a reminder of Change." he croaks.

Oonagh begins a recital of the Poem of Water, his voice ringing out clear as he speaks the ancient words of the Kelki: "In every thing, there exists that which is other to that thing. In man, there is woman. In woman, there is man. In Light, there is Darkness. In Darkness, too, there is Light." He pauses, drawing breath, before he drops his voice in a low chant across the next
words: "There is no thing within which an infinity of further things cannot be found. There is no
Light within which Darkness cannot be found; and there is no Darkness within which Light cannot be found. There is noon, and midnight; dawn, and dusk; twilight, and morning; all of these change in time, and all hold within them both brightness and shadow."

Oonagh continues his recital of the Poem of Water, pronouncing: "One thing is all the things of the world." His hands part wide, as if to take in the full immensity of existence. "There is no man, no woman, but a person within which man and woman can be found, and a person is many: mother, son, mentor, babe, warrior, elder." He continues: "There are many people, many creatures, many plants, and many things living and unliving, but they are all of the same water; and Light and Darkness live within every one of these. So too with all other things: that which is, encompasses all that can be."

Oonagh's voice rushes like water through the words of the Poem, lending it a momentum of its own: "And just as the waters change, so too does all change: The people of now are not the people of yesterday. The Light of now is not the Light of yesterday. The Darkness of now is
not the Darkness of yesterday. The water now is not the water of yesterday." He pauses, deliberately, letting the pronouncement echo. "The water itself courses onward. Even at rest, it shifts. There is no element like water in all of existence. Water, in the end, will tear down mountains; walls; the strongest of all barriers; its lack will end mortals. Fire casts Light, but water creates the people that see Light. Water enlivens even the Undead; no blood, no Life, no Undeath; even the Undead," he utters, firmly, "Are weak before water."

Benedicto tilting his head at the heralding of the ships arrival, glances over to Oonagh, listening
piously.

Oonagh's voice is as soft as the receding tides as he completes the Poem: "There is no element like water in all of existence. You mortals are sustained upon it. If you are in movement, remain so. If you are still, remain so. Move as you are moved. Do not move if you are not moved; become a storm if a storm moves upon you. If stones fall upon you, yield to them, and you will turn them to sand." He nears the end of the words, advancing a series of admonitions: "The Undead thinks itself divorced from Life; but like the Living, it requires water. The Darkness thinks itself divorced from Light; but without Light, there is no force to give it shape. Without water, there are no people to give Light shape. Light is water; it flows in abundance from its sources and blots out the drought of Darkness. Light blots out the dryness of deprivation; the thirst of mortal spirit. To be soft is to be strong. To be rigid is to be weak. There is no divided opposite." He pauses, then pronounce the singular truth of Water: "There is only Change."
You feel blessed.
Experience Gained: 1859 (Quest) [total: 8707560]

Croaking, Archmage Oonagh Morrog says, "Let us head to the docks, we shall prepare."

Phoenecia rests her glaive against her shoulder, eyes drifting to the shoreline. "The Admiral
approaches," she murmurs.

Aloli arrives from the northeast.

(Enorian): Slyphe says, "Behold, Beacon, the Radiant Admiral, My flagship restored."

Eliadon lets out a long, slow exhalation, frowning in concentration. The charged tension of a major spellcasting fills the air around you, as you notice Eliadon's hands begin to glow with an unearthly light. As he chants and traces a glowing magical glyph in the air, you notice a rapidly growing light take shape in his left hand, and within moments, Eliadon finally holds the completed form of an intricate Aetherstaff aloft.

Archmage Oonagh Morrog says, "Lead the way Historian."

The Alcove of Water (54078) - The city of Enorian (428)
His hands held behind his back, a scarred Xoran man stands here. Navigating on spindly legs, a tawny ina'a foal explores here. Resting upon a tall pedestal, a set of conch shells shine brightly here. Resting on the ground is a cube-shaped silver sigil. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A clear, Havothi-marked bottle has been set aside here. There are 3 guardian angels here. Snorting and pawing at the ground, a sullen war ram stands here. Abbess Aloli Gallant is here. Docent Eliadon, Magus Most Magnanimous is here. He is riding on a white-cloaked gryphon. He wields a jewel-encrusted buckler in his left hand. Church is here. Jami Siarani-Silverain, The Bruiser is here. She wields an iron mace in her left hand and a jewel-encrusted buckler in her right. Vigilant Stine D. Emerson is here. Benedicto Silverain is here. He wields the living trident, Riptide in his left hand and a dark, jade-eye flyssa in his right. A figure shrouded by steam is here. He is riding on an eerie, armored pale stallion. Azure Rose, Phoenecia Sinclair is here, giving off a truly ghastly stench. She wields a sleek glaive of engraved roses in her hands. Archmage Oonagh Morrog is here. He wields a bronze-banded ancient mangrove staff in his left hand and a banded shield in his right.
You see a single exit leading northeast.

Archmage Oonagh Morrog says to Phoenecia, "You have accomplished great things in record time, I am pleased rr...to see this journey."

Phoenecia spins her glaive around in her hand with a grin. "Let's go fishing."

The corners of Oonagh's mouth turn up as he grins mischievously.

A clamoring shipyard (55784) - The city of Enorian (428)
A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. Resting on the ground is a
cube-shaped silver sigil. Water pools around a weeping bronze altar here, the astrolabe atop it
turning and adjusting under its own power.
You see exits leading north, northeast, southwest, and northwest.

Oonagh nods his head at a weeping bronze altar.

Oonagh gasps, then begins to melt into water, disappearing into the sea!
You follow Phoenecia to the ether.
Aboard the Radiant Admiral (65679) - the Isle of Keltund (Unmapped)
Imposing in its size and clarity of purpose, a massive Slyphian siege ballista is here. An elegant
tulip lies here, forlornly. Water violently swirling about Its form, Slyphe, the Maelstrom is here.
It wields the Maelstrom's Wrath in Its left hand.
You see exits leading east and west.

Benedicto kneels before Slyphe, swearing his allegiance to Slyphe.

Eliadon gives Slyphe a respectful salute.

Oonagh taps his staff and lowers his head reverently to Slyphe.

Taaroshi bows respectfully to Slyphe.

Slyphe peers at Oonagh suspiciously.

Docent Eliadon, Magus Most Magnanimous says, "Hail, mighty Maelstrom of Maximum Magnificence."

Benedicto bows his head, tentacles moving to dangle before his face. "Father." He greets Slyphe.

Aloli presses the open palm of her left hand against the clenched fist of her right and bows
respectfully to Slyphe.

Docent Eliadon, Magus Most Magnanimous says, "I am feeling alliterative today."

Eliadon beams broadly.

Ayanala presses the open palm of her left hand against the clenched fist of her right and bows
respectfully to Slyphe.

Jami holds her hand out to Slyphe, spark flaring to life in the center of her palm and covering her
skin in a purifying glow.

Phoenecia bows low before Slyphe, steadying herself with her glaive. "Maelstrom. We've gathered as many as possible for this expedition."

Slyphe reaches out to snatch the hat from Oonagh's head, but a watery replica appears in the God's hand instead, quickly solidifying into the real thing. She dons Her new hat with much smug pleasure, adjusting it for a moment before speaking.

Slyphe puts on a tricorn hat adorned with a phoenix feather.

Oonagh beams broadly.

Ayanala snickers under her breath.

Oonagh doffs a tricorn hat adorned with a phoenix feather cordially to Slyphe.

Slyphe, the Maelstrom says, "Welcome to the Radiant Admiral, faithful - and My Brother, of course."

A font of flaring green flames blossoms in the air before you, molding together to create the
hulking form of the Hunter.

Pressing the open palm of her left hand against the clenched fist of her right, Ayanala bows
respectfully.

Oonagh smiles at Haern.

Courene Ta'Ros says, in a feral tongue, "Lord Haern!"

Slyphe winks knowingly. "My predictions come true once more."

Wylliam smiles at Haern.

Courene Ta'Ros says, in a feral tongue, "A delight to see you Hunter!"

Wylliam Laidir says, "Hello Lord."

Benedicto stands and inclines his head towards Haern. "Lord Haern." He greets Him.

Courene bows respectfully to Haern.

Elly says to Haern, in a feral tongue, "Greetings, Hunter."

Stine lifts a fist up to press against his heart, saluting Haern. "It is good to see you, Hunter."

Courene Ta'Ros says, in a feral tongue, "Now this will be a real hunt!"

Church says in an exotic tone, "Ah, now we are all but fated to succeed."

Courene nods her head at Church, showing her acceptance.

Phoenecia sips from a small crystal decanter full of bourbon.

Haern lumbers on board the ship - feet unsteady under the gentle swaying of the moored boat. He has a large barrel tucked under His arm and the distinct smell of rum wafts from it. "Ships and rum is the correct pairing, is it not Sibling?" the God rumbles as He pats the barrel fondly.

The corners of Courene's mouth turn up as she grins mischievously.

Wylliam chuckles long and heartily.

Elly smirks.

Taaroshi grins and nods.

Benedicto glances around at the ship, a faintly melancholy cast to his face.

Haern drops a wooden keg.

"Here here!" Phoenecia enthuses, taking a long sip from her decanter as she taps the butt of her
glaive against the deck.

Azure Rose, Phoenecia Sinclair says, "Can't go sailing without rum!"

Slyphe passes a wary glance over His Brother for a few moments, wearing a roguish grin, then looks grimly out to sea. "I should hope we succeed. I have tracked one of the children of that hated enemy to the seas near an island of Mine. Look here - " the seaworthy God gestures to a massive Slyphian siege ballista. " - This is the masterwork which will allow you to destroy the beast. My Brother and I will aid you, but the beast will struggle mightily. You must be on your utmost guard." The God paces the ship, hands behind His back as if He were addressing a proper crew. "You will need to MAN the BALLISTA in midship, fore, and aft. All three will be necessary to hold the quarry."

Slyphe, the Maelstrom says, "I trust you all know how to work a ballista, from there."

It is now noon on Gosday, the 18th of Lleian, year 476 of the Midnight Age.

Azure Rose, Phoenecia Sinclair says, "Those of you who've been on the Dame's Escape, this will all be familiar."

Docent Eliadon, Magus Most Magnanimous says, "Point the pointy end at the giant sea worm, and then release the pointy end!"

[HINT]: A WEB would be useful for coordination!

Slyphe, the Maelstrom says, "You will need to coordinate amongst one another - one mortal cannot fire the ballista repeatedly without ruining their body."

(Web): Benedicto says, "Only one man per ballista."

In His rumbling, gruff voice, Haern, the Hunter says, "Make sure to carefully PROBE the ballista so you understand its workings. Familiarity with your weapon is an important step on a hunt."

(Web): Oonagh says, "We will need to rotate."

Slyphe nods Its head at Haern.

Slipping into a seafaring accent, Slyphe, the Maelstrom says, "When all three ballista have hooked the quarry, I will pull it close enough that you may attack it, like you would any creature. Look out for one another - this creature is immense and deadly."

Slyphe clears Its throat.

You see Slyphe turn to yell out, "Have I given you lubbers permission to roam My ship?!"

Taaroshi snickers under his breath.

Ayanala coughs softly.

Courene Ta'Ros says, in a feral tongue, "Sorry!"

Slyphe nods Its head emphatically.

Slyphe, the Maelstrom says, "If you missed My explanation, receive it from your peers. We will begin the hunt shortly. I recommend three in each section of the ship dedicated to manning the ballistae. The rest should roam - return midship when the creature has been hooked, for I will center its head here."

Stine glances sidelong toward Benedicto for mere moments before returning his attention to Slyphe.

Slyphe, the Maelstrom says, "Then, I will begin the journey."

Slyphe pats Haern roughly on the back, a shark-toothed grin plastered on Her face. "Alright there,
Brother? Regretting that rum, yet?" She asks as She stalks to the aft, heading for the helm.

Slyphe's form bursts into a torrent of water that washes over the area violently until it disperses
and They are gone.

After a deep, rumbling laugh, Haern, the Hunter says, "To slyphe Har, not yet!"

Haern casts a suspicious eye about the area.

(Web): Stine says, "Teams, don't fire until we've said we're cranked."

Haern, the Hunter says, "That sneaky sod."

You see Benedicto turn to yell out, "Lords, will there be opportunity for a test run?"

[Remember this bad boy? It’s got some new tricks. :D)
p ballista
A masterpiece of forging and imbued with the will of the Divine, this enormous weapon of war has been pieced together from the hard work of several smiths. Larger than the average human male twice over, an enormous frame of dark ironwood supports machinery of darkwood and mithril, the ball joint to allow mobility crafted with precision and durability in mind. The entire thing is riveted together with carefully crafted anaxagorite, securing it against nearly any impact, and the bowstring for launching truly immense barbed bolts of weeping klaio bronze. The bolts, crafted to be harpoons, are held on by titanic chains, making them excellent fishing harpoons, but any normal fish would be obliterated by something of this size. It bears the marks of several master smiths: A white stallion, salient, for Luas; a hooded viper uncoiling into a lunge, for Belgarion; an rose of inlaid sapphire, for Phoenecia; and an impression of four knuckles, a thumb mark over the middle two, for Rasani - finally, it bears the mark and the power of Slyphe, the Fabricator, a kelki rune stylized into a trident.
You can do the following with a massive Slyphian siege ballista:
MAN BALLISTA - Take control of the ballista
UNMAN - Cease manning the ballista
LOAD BALLISTA - Load a chained harpoon into the ballista
CRANK BALLISTA - Crank the ballista's firing mechanism to prepare it for launch.
FIRE BALLISTA - Get that beast!

Church says to Benedicto in an exotic tone, "What, you want to make sure it all -works- before
engaging with a deadly beast?"

Church says in an exotic tone, "That's just absurd."

You see Haern turn to yell out, "We'll learn as we go you daft sod!"

Slyphe slots a Divine astrolabe into the wheel at the helm, and the ship lurches to life as the
anchor is withdrawn, the sails are unfurled, and the journey begins. A distant screeching scream
punctuates the start of the journey.

Benedicto holds his hands apart helplessly. "You heard Him."

A screech resounds from the seas around Sapience.

Elly smirks.

Oonagh turns to one of the sails, unfurling it to demonstrate its beauty as he heaves his weight
into it and pulls it taught for the seas.

Phoenecia snorts softly as she folds her arms over her chest. "It'll work. We built it, after all.'"

Slyphe, the Maelstrom yells, "Feeling unsteady, Harbinger? Think if it like a very large tuna!"

Church turns his palms skyward in an exaggerated shrug.

Slyphe, the Maelstrom yells, "Oonagh, Phoenecia, Benedicto! A sailing song, for the lubbers unused to the glory of My domain!"

Docent Eliadon, Magus Most Magnanimous sings, "Sailing on a ship, sailing on a ship, we are sailing on a ship."

Benedicto moves to stand beside the mid-mast, his pearl-white eyes directed out over the waves. "I only have one song to sing."

Eliadon wobbles back and forth unsure of his balance.

(Web): Phoenecia says, ">.>."
(Web): Benedicto says, "I'M ON A BOAT MOTHERF--."

Oonagh croaks quietly as he nods and looks amongst those present.

(Web): Stine says, "Ohhhhhh who lives in a pineapple under the sea~."
(Web): Iames says, "Row row row your boat gently down the..... shut up carl!"

Despite its impressive size, the Radiant Admiral skims the water as if it were flying, helmed
expertly by the Maelstrom. Kelki crewmen along the riggings hum along to the beat of the waves,
occasionally dipping down to get a swig of rum from Haern.

You squint one eye and release a guttural "Arr!"

Benedicto clears his throat, casting his pearlescent eyes fixed on the horizon. "I call this
'Maelo's Melody.'" He declares. "Maelo was my son, the former High Priest of Slyphe and captain of 'The Hydra', his temporarily held and protected our Master Shrine after Corruption desecrated the Spiral."

Benedicto lifts his head and begins to sing, roughly at first, but as his voice becomes accustomed to the notes, it strengthens and becomes a surprisingly melodious tenor. "In afternoon sun he stood, with eyes like pearls, cast out towards the sea. My crew! My crew! He cried. Hearken! Hearken! Listen well to me!"

Benedicto Silverain sings, ""Look there! Black sails ye will find sailing true 'cross the waves .
Steel your hearts men, find your courage, we go to face these knaves.""

Oonagh sits back and affords a soft hum, as he pulls upon the rigging and permits the sails to
unfurl further, catching upon the wind.

Phoenecia glances to Oonagh and Benedicto awkwardly, suddenly beginning to panic. "I sailed with merchants, not pirates!" she yells out, slinging her glaive onto her back as she begins to climb the rigging towards the mast.

Benedicto Silverain sings, ""To Corrupt and kill, the Nazedha sail, Maelo, he did declare. "The War of Midnight has begun!" So said the Captain fair."

Benedicto Silverain sings, "So swiftly did they gather round, to hear their captains cries. They
turned and over waves they searched and black sails did fill their eyes."

Benedicto Silverain sings, "To family they did bid farewell and aboard they went by two. No fear or sadness did they show, that brave and noble crew."

Benedicto Silverain sings, "The Hydra, it did spring to life, as sail and anchor rose. Out across
the Beryl they leapt, to face their evil foes."

Before long, a tropical island comes into view, and several of the sailors stop their task
momentarily to wave and shout. They quickly turn back to the work at hand, though, as the ship
lurches: a truly immense shadow passes underneath the galleon, easily three times as long as the craft.

Benedicto Silverain sings, "With shining gaze did Maelo stand, his tentacles a-flapping. The brave and bold, the Hydra crew, did holler and begin a-clapping."

Benedicto Silverain sings, ""My comrades" sang he, the captain true, his skin as blue as sky.
"Alongside you I'll gladly fight and true, I'll gladly die.""

Benedicto Silverain sings, ""We face a foe we cannot beat, although we'll give our all. We go to buy our city time and prevent that Light shall fall.""

Benedicto Silverain sings, ""And though we'll lose our lives, at least, we will not be forgotten.
Our memory will outlast us all, though our bones be mold and rotten.""

Benedicto Silverain sings, "So danced amongst the waves, did she, the most noble of all ships. The Hydra flew and charged before it crashed the Nazedha midst."

Benedicto Silverain sings, "So valiantly they fought, but then again, so valiantly they died. Each
took with them a dozen foes, as each one fell side by side."

Slyphe, the Maelstrom yells, "There! The beast retreats to its lair! I will draw it to the surface,
then fire with all you've got!"

Benedicto Silverain sings, "Until all was gone but Maelo, our fearless captain true. The wheel he
took, his ship in hand, to see the matter through."

A torrent of water swirls about the area before dispersing to reveal the form of Slyphe, the
Maelstrom.

Benedicto Silverain sings, "The Hydra rammed and clogged the passage, to buy but further time. Brave Maelo faced his final moments, his scaled skin streaked with grime."

Benedicto Silverain sings, "He took their swords, he took their arrows, he took their curses too.
The Hydra sank and down they went, beneath waves of ocean blue."

Slyphe takes off at a running leap over the side of the boat, gracefully striking the water and
vanishing beneath.

Oonagh steels himself and releases the tension, tying up the rigging and turning the crystals in his palm to elicit a barrier around himself preparing for the worst, or the best depending.

Benedicto's determination sets upon his face as he watches the Divine sink beneath the waves, "To Slyphe he went, returned home to sea. A Kelki proud and true. Enough to make a father proud, beneath waves of ocean blue."

Vigilant Stine D. Emerson yells, "We're ready on the fore, Maelstrom! Bring on the beast!"

Phoenecia stares off into the distance from her perch amidst the ship rigging, pulling her glaive
from her back, pointing it towards their quarry.

You see Phoenecia turn to yell out, "Ready yourselves, shooters!"

Taaroshi crosses his eyes, glancing out over the sea and groans as he fights the dizziness.

Haern staggers to one side of the boat and grips the railing tightly.

Haern, the Hunter yells, "Mmgmghhh, how the Pit am I meant to hunt like THIS?"

He vomits off the side - a stream of half-digested lunch and rum.

You snicker under your breath.

Courene Ta'Ros yells, "You can do it Lord Hunter!"

Church bends his knees and sinks into a lower stance, bracing for whatever may come.

Courene Ta'Ros yells, "Now you have more room for rum!?"

Slyphe appears out of thin air.

Abbess Aloli Gallant yells, "Breathe through it."

The great shadow thrashes as Slyphe tangles with it beneath the water! After a few moments, it rears its head, cresting the waves like a mountain rising from the ocean itself! It roars defiance,
flinging the God of Water back onto the deck.

You see Slyphe turn to yell out, "NOW!!"

[BATTLE START! BOSS: Torax, child of Jox. HP: ~304 000]
[For the sake of length, I’ve edited out most of the mechanical stuff aside from the ballistae and some web calls because the battle took a while, and figuring out timing/ballista mechanics took a fair bit of time too]

The air is pierced by the screeching cry of the leviathan as it vents its rage into the sky.
Your hearing is restored in a moment of stabbing pain!
Your deafness defence has been stripped.
Health Lost: 597, psychic, none

The leviathan suddenly turns, ramming its bulk against the side of the Radiant Admiral. The ship
rocks under the impact, swaying from side to side and throwing you to the deck!
[srn] Balance: 0.93s.
Church is thrown to the deck.
Church eases himself out of the Scorpion stance.
Taaroshi is thrown to the deck.
Benedicto is thrown to the deck.
Phoenecia is thrown to the deck.
Oonagh is thrown to the deck.

Taaroshi fires the ballista, rocking the deck with the force of the mighty weapon, impaling the
beast on a harpoon!

The leviathan suddenly turns, ramming its bulk against the side of the Radiant Admiral. The ship

With a mighty heave of rage, the leviathan breaks free from of one of the chains that have hooked it!

With a great heave, Taaroshi loads the next massive chained harpoon into the ballista.

Taaroshi cranks the ballista firing mechanism and readies it for use.

You see Slyphe turn to yell out, "HOOK THE BEAST WITH ALL THREE, OR WE WILL NEVER CAPTURE IT!"

Sir Taaroshi Morrog says, "Fire!"

Phoenecia is knocked free of the rigging and tumbles onto the deck.

Taaroshi fires the ballista, rocking the deck with the force of the mighty weapon, but the harpoon
is deflected by the scales of the beast!

With a mighty heave of rage, the leviathan breaks free from of one of the chains that have hooked it!

(Web): Benedicto says, "K."
(Web): Benedicto says, "Guys."
(Web): Benedicto says, "We need to be concerted."
(Web): Oonagh says, "We need to do it all three at once."
(Web): Benedicto says, "Let me know when you're all loaded."

You see Slyphe turn to yell out, "ROTATE, LUBBERS!"

With a great heave, Taaroshi loads the next massive chained harpoon into the ballista.

Taaroshi cranks the ballista firing mechanism and readies it for use.

The leviathan dives underwater for a moment, as its enormous tail sweeps across the entirety of the Radiant Admiral.
With nowhere you go, you are flung to the fore of the vessel!

Fore of the Radiant Admiral.
Imposing in its size and clarity of purpose, a massive Slyphian siege ballista is here. Casting an
eerie gaze at its surroundings, a heavily armored pale stallion stands here. There are 3 guardian
angels here. Jami Siarani-Silverain, The Bruiser is here. She wields an iron mace in her left hand
and a jewel-encrusted buckler in her right. Vigilant Stine D. Emerson is here. Vigilant Iames
Gallant is here. He wields an iron mace in his left hand and a jewel-encrusted buckler in his right.
You see a single exit leading east.
Health Lost: 699, blunt, none
Church is thrown in by a powerful force.
Church jerks to the side, the attack barely grazing him.
Taaroshi is thrown in by a powerful force.
Benedicto is thrown in by a powerful force.
Phoenecia is thrown in by a powerful force.
Oonagh is thrown in by a powerful force.
Aloli is thrown in by a powerful force.
Eliadon is thrown in by a powerful force.
Ayanala is thrown in by a powerful force.
Elly is thrown in by a powerful force.
Courene is thrown in by a powerful force.
A shadowy figure is thrown in by a powerful force.
Wylliam jerks to the side, the attack barely grazing him.

Slyphe, the Maelstrom yells, "Brother, isn't this incredible?! The spray of sea! The blood of the
enemy! Nothing better!"

With a great heave, Wylliam loads the next massive chained harpoon into the ballista.

Wylliam cranks the ballista firing mechanism and readies it for use.

Wylliam fires the ballista, rocking the deck with the force of the mighty weapon, impaling the beast on a harpoon!

Wylliam steps down from a massive Slyphian siege ballista and ceases to man it.

(Web): Aloli says, "Fire together."
(Web): Iames says, "Everyone in and loaded?"

(Web): Oonagh says, "Yes."

The leviathan dives underwater for a moment, as its enormous tail sweeps across the entirety of the Radiant Admiral.
Aloli is knocked to the fore of the vessel.
Ayanala is knocked to the fore of the vessel.
With nowhere you go, you are flung to the fore of the vessel!

(Web): Iames says, "I'll count down."
(Web): Oonagh says, "Tell me when."
(Web): Benedicto says, "Ready to fire on west."
(Web): Aloli says, "And wait to fire together."
(Web): Benedicto says, "3."
(Web): Benedicto says, "2."
(Web): Benedicto says, "1."

Benedicto fires the ballista, rocking the deck with the force of the mighty weapon, but the harpoon is deflected by the scales of the beast!

Slyphe, the Maelstrom yells, "THE ADMIRAL WILL HOLD! HOOK THE BEAST!"

Iames fires the ballista, rocking the deck with the force of the mighty weapon, but the harpoon is
deflected by the scales of the beast!

Haern sways heavily to one side, nearly toppling off the boat before He manages to right Himself
once more. In one hand, He tightens His grip around the ship's railing; in the other He brings out
His bow.

You see Slyphe turn to yell out, "Marvelous idea, Brother! Aim for the eyes!"

Haern, the Hunter yells, "Grah those ballista look rough on your tendons! Make sure to immediately rotate off it and let someone else begin the next launch - the synchronization isn't working! Just keep shooting the damned thing!"

[More ballista firing and failed attempts. Slyphe tells everyone to try synchronizing shots again - doesn’t work]

Slyphe, the Maelstrom yells, "Bah! My Brother is right! Stagger your fire - fire as fast as possible!"

Archmage Oonagh Morrog yells, "FIRE AT WILL AGAIN."
Fore of the Radiant Admiral.

Haern, the Hunter yells, "The attacks are coming slower - the beast weakens!"

(Web): Stine says, "Left is hooked in."

Slyphe, the Maelstrom yells, "TWO! FIRE THE THIRD! FIRE!"

(Web): Iames says, "Middle impaled."
(Web): Stine says, "West impaled."

Slyphe, the Maelstrom yells, "NOW! KILL IT!"

(Web): Iames says, "Middle now."
(Web): Stine says, "Target: Torax."

Haern, the Hunter yells, "To the center! Slay it!"

[Torax, child of Jox, PHASE 2]

Aboard the Radiant Admiral (65679) - the Isle of Keltund (Unmapped)
Imposing in its size and clarity of purpose, a massive Slyphian siege ballista is here. An elegant
tulip lies here, forlornly. A wooden keg has been placed on the ground. Snorting and pawing at the ground, a sullen war ram stands here. Head held high with a willful defiance, a fiery painted ina'a roams here. A large war turtle stands here. There are 2 guardian angels here. Scarred with savage wounds from a battle, a massive leviathan rises above the waves here.
You see exits leading east and west.

[Fight ensues. Lots of dying and rezzing.]

One by one, the harpoons stuck in the leviathan pop loose in a spray of foul blood. Slyphe releases the chains, shouting orders to hook the beast once more!

Slyphe, the Maelstrom yells, "TO THE BALLISTAE! GO, GO, GO!"

[Back to trying to harpoon it. Easier time of it this time around.]

The ballistae have hooked their target! The leviathan roars in pain and rage as Slyphe gathers the titanic chains and, with a mighty heave, yanks the leviathan closer! The God of Water braces and holds the beast within range to attack!

Haern, the Hunter yells, "Look at how the waters bleed, Sibling! The beast is nearly done!"

With a final screech of unbridled rage, the leviathan surges at the boat, lunging with its
serpentine neck and swallowing Slyphe whole!

Torax raises its head, yellowed eyes swiveling to hold you in its glare as it prepares to devour you , too. Shafts of light begin to escape its mouth, however, as the prongs of a trident jut out from within the leviathan's body again and again, each one accompanied by flares of essence. Finally, With a roar choked into a gurgle, the beast falls forward, limp and dying, as Slyphe casually walks out of its open mouth, covered in grime.

Church says in an exotic tone, "Erm."

You say, "Oh my."

Church says in an exotic tone, "That... is unfavorable."

You say, "There was a moment of apprehension there.."

Archmage Oonagh Morrog mutters, "Holy s..t."

Benedicto breathes a faint sigh of relief.

Courene Ta'Ros says, in a feral tongue, "That was awesome!"

Elly says to you, in a feral tongue, "That was an adventure."

Iames smashes his mace into his buckler, a battle cry roaring from him in doing so.

Dhie Lacinier, Tenshyo Tanarian, fio Unarhete Iahulo says, "....Don't see that everyday."

Phoenecia raises her glaive in the air in triumph. "The child of rage has been felled!"

Haern, the Hunter says to Slyphe, "Gah. You stink worse than piss now, Sibling."

Slyphe wipes some offal and grime from His face, flinging it overboard. After a moment of silence, He raises the Maelstrom's Wrath into the air, roaring aloud His victory. "BLOOD AND THUNDER!"

Page Elliana Tanarian, Dal fio Siha says, "There are worse things to reek of I am sure, Lord Hunter."

Sir Taaroshi Morrog says, "BLOOD AND THUNDER!"

You see Oonagh raise his voice and shout, "BLOOD AND THUNDER."

Benedicto raises the living trident, Riptide into the air crying, "BLOOD AND THUNDER!" Alongside the rest of you.

Stine raises the Staff of the Arbiter into the air, saluting alongside Benedicto.

Courene Ta'Ros says, in a feral tongue, "Blood and thunder!"

Aloli watches the shouting and cheers along.

Oonagh raises his staff and follows suit.

Phoenecia pumps her glaive into the air, blade gleaming. "BLOOD AND THUNDER!"

Elliana steps back remaining relatively quiet, after a moment of displacement she joins in.

Church indifferently says in an exotic tone, "Indeed."

You see Slyphe raise Its voice and shout, "LOOK UPON THE SLAIN CHILD AND WEEP! THIS FATE AWAITS ALL ENEMIES OF SAPIENCE!"

Tenshyo looses a cheer himself for a moment before simply clapping.

Benedicto wipes the back of his hand across his forehead, smearing grime, Leviathan innards and sweat further down his face, the effort ultimately futile.
Elliana offers our a clean bandage in a mild attempt at offering something clean to Benedicto.

Slyphe exhales deeply, clapping one grimy hand upon Her Brother's shoulder, smearing nastiness upon him. "Well done, for landlubbers."

Lexen glances off the side of the decking, a distant look on his features, then flicks a gaze at
Stine and nods.

Aloli comes to stand next to Benedicto and offers a solemn pat on the back.

Phoenecia slings her glaive onto her back and removes her gore-covered mantle only to find the rest of her still covered in leviathan innards.

Elliana offers some sort of amacable glance to Phoenecia. Extending one hand awkwardly to the woman, in an unheard compliment.

Abbess Aloli Gallant says, "This is good training for the next fight."

Oonagh smiles and gives Phoenecia a gentle squeeze upon her shoulder, "Nice work." he says, wiping off his hand on his coat after touching.

Azure Rose, Phoenecia Sinclair says, "Well...I think it's safe to say that the ballistae worked,
Maelstrom. Best smiths in the realm."

Wylliam nods his head emphatically.

You nod your head at Phoenecia, showing your acceptance.

Sister Ayanala Elistar, Blood Monk says, "Best shipmaker in the realm too."

Page Elliana Tanarian, Dal fio Siha says, "It would be a feat trying to even get it there from here
wouldn't it?"

Phoenecia flashes Oonagh a grin before nodding to you. "Be sure to thank him. And Rasani. And Luas. This wouldn't have been possible without their efforts as well."

Slyphe impales the massive leviathan corpse with several of the harpoons, ensuring the chains are steady, then with an intense effort, Slyphe pushes the corpse off the boat with one foot. "And now, home. Ah, cast out the nets on the way back! Let us catch some fish for a feast!"

Sir Taaroshi Morrog demands, "Feast?!"

Taaroshi pales considerably as he faints.

Elliana grins mischievously at Taaroshi.

Slyphe's form bursts into a torrent of water that washes over the area violently until it disperses
and They are gone.

Page Elliana Tanarian, Dal fio Siha says, "Ever thinking of your stomach."

Aloli gives a trillingly melodic laugh.

Sister Ayanala Elistar, Blood Monk says, "Ah, yes, that did work up an appetite."

Benedicto huffs a faint laugh, turning back towards the assemblage. "Of course. You surely don't think we wouldn't be celebrating such a victory, do you?" He declares.

Oonagh is already on it, beginning to throw out the nets as everyone else speaks, the prospect of food clearly resonating thick in his mind as well.

With the leviathan in tow, the Radiant Admiral turns back towards Enorian, skipping across the waves at a brisk pace.

Wiping away some of the vomit that lingers on His chin, Haern rumbles, "Good, return us to land, Sibling. Land is good." Despite His words, the God looks more steady upon the deck now - no longer clutching hopelessly at the railing.

Benedicto chuckles as he glances over at Haern. "Better late than never." He jests lightly.

Lexen's hand moves to grip the deck railing as the ship begins to move, his lips pressed together into a grim line.

Before long, the Radiant Admiral pulls into port at Enorian, is moored to the dock, and you disembark.

[A little celebration ensues with food and drink, and some talk of looting the leviathan corpse before everyone gradually disperses.]
BenedictoStineOonaghEllianaPazradymKelliara