Memories, Artifice, and Shadow

TeaniTeani Evening SkySwedenMember Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭✭✭
Participants in this little event are: @Kafein, @Emir, @Severn, and myself (Teani). The log has been edited some, to shorten it, and ends as the group is split up. I hope you enjoy, because I most certainly did.


Office of the Shadow Warden.
----------------------------
Teani sits at her desk, tapping her voidstaff idly against the palm of her other hand.

(Tells): The Divine voice of Severn echoes in your head, "Warden, I have a task for you and your kind. Prepare a handful of those adept in the arts of Sciomancy - ones you trust - and gather at Kuona. She will have further instructions."

Your skin shivers slightly as the cold touch of the shadows crawl across your skin.

(Tells): You tell Emir, "Are you busy?"

<<Moving outside the guildhall>>

(Tells): You tell Emir, "I need you to come to the guildhall. Or rather, I need you outside of it."

(Tells): Emir tells you, "Ok sure."

(Tells): You tell Mazzion, "Are you busy at the moment? If not, I need you outside the guildhall."

You reach out with your hand first to touch the shadowy wall. A shocking chill runs violently up your arm before you are sharply jerked forward.

Your senses are momentarily rendered useless as you are surrounded by complete darkness. Inky tendrils snake around your body as you're shuffled forward through the chilling
darkness. In a rather abrupt movement, you're pushed firmly from the shadowy mass to find yourself in front of an ominous black wall.

Fountain in a frozen courtyard.
-------------------------------
The sun sinks toward the cloudless horizon, shining out radiant and fiery from the western skies. A shadowy wall stands imposingly before you, its black surface almost like a void. A black marble pedestal has been knocked over, cracking the bowl that once rested upon it. The soft tinkling of bells fills the air as Priestess Kuona goes about her duties here.
[HINT]: Priestess Kuona, the Subtle Voice seems particularly alert.

Emir enters from the north, riding an oversized, mountable ant.

You incline your head politely to Priestess Kuona, the Subtle Voice.

Emir raises his hand in greeting to you and says "Hi!"

Emir raises his hand in greeting to Priestess Kuona, the Subtle Voice and says "Hi!"

The soft jingling of bells accompanies Priestess Kuona, the Subtle Voice as she turns to face Emir.

You sense Kafein in the realm.

(Tells): You tell Kafein, "Ah, grab some kawhe and make your way to Kuona right away, please."

(Tells): You tell Kafein, "Our Patron has a task for us. Please hurry."

Bells jingle softly as Priestess Kuona, the Subtle Voice dips her head in greeting with a small smile. "Hello, you two. Are there more to come?"

(Tells): Kafein tells you, "On my way."

You have emoted: Teani purses her lips, nodding slowly. "I am hoping at least Kafein will be here," she responds to Priestess Kuona, the Subtle Voice. "Mazzion has not responded."

Kafein arrives from the down.
She is followed by an inky shadeling.

Emir raises his hand in greeting to Kafein and says "Hi!"

Kafein inclines her head politely to those around her.

Dragging her arms upward, Kafein pulls along tendrils of inky shadow that expand to darken the area. Tendrils of shadow creep in, slowly engulfing the available light and swathing the room in a cloak of magical darkness.

You smile at Kafein.

Kafein peers at Emir suspiciously.

Priestess Kuona, the Subtle Voice inclines her head politely to Kafein.

Emir says, "It's not my fault the sun sucks ok."

You say to Priestess Kuona, the Subtle Voice, "At the moment, these are the most trusted ones I have who are awake."

Emir gracefully hops off of an oversized, mountable ant.
Emir slaps an oversized, mountable ant on the rump and sends it cantering off.

(Tells): You tell Emir, "Be on your best behavior now, please?"

Kafein inclines her head politely to Priestess Kuona, the Subtle Voice.

(Tells): Emir tells you, "Ok."

(Tells): Kafein tells you, "Not sure if it matters, but I follow Lord Severn's congregation now."

(Tells): You tell Kafein, "It always helps, though this is a matter for the guild."

Kafein shrugs helplessly at Emir.

Tilting her head gently, Priestess Kuona, the Subtle Voice says, "The same three, then. Curious. My Lord has a task of utmost secrecy for you, and has asked me to give you the full warnings before you decide individually if you wish to participate."

Night falls, the darkness banishing the sun's last rays beneath the western horizon. It is now dusk on Kinsday, the 24th of Midsummer, year 476 of the Midnight Age.

(Tells): Kafein tells you, "The same three?"

You have emoted: Teani nods her head and smiles at Emir, then looks back at Priestess Kuona, the Subtle Voice. At those words, she nods her head slowly. "Go on, I am certain they will both listen."

Kafein listens intently.

(Tells): You tell Kafein, "I mentioned that you would come."

Kafein nods her head at you.

Emir nods his head in agreement.

Priestess Kuona, the Subtle Voice says, "First, this is dangerous. You will need to exhibit your control over Shadow. If you fail to do so, you risk becoming Shadowbound and will be put down."

You have emoted: Teani keeps her eyes on Kafein and Emir, but nods her head once in understanding.

Emir nods his head emphatically.

Emir says, "Excuse me I will be RIGHT BACK."

Emir says, "Voltda."
A sulfurous portal opens in the ground before Emir and he quickly jumps into it before it snaps shut behind him.

Kafein blinks.

Emir enters from the north, riding an oversized, mountable ant.

Emir says, "Sorry."

(Tells): You tell Emir, "Ritual at that bloodstone in Bloodloch beckoning?"

(Tells): Emir tells you, "Yes. Iazamat had no one else."

Priestess Kuona, the Subtle Voice places three black sacks before each of you upon the ground. As she straightens back up, she addresses the second point. "Second, this is a task of utmost secrecy. You will not know where we are going, and you will not know what the task is until you get there. By covering your head with that sack, you grant permission to My Lord to remove your memories after this is done. That sack acts as a marker - any memory you have after putting it on will officially be forfeit."

With a cautioning tone, Priestess Kuona, the Subtle Voice says, "You may have time to consider this, if you desire."

Kafein looks at the sack, then to you. Resolve builds in her eyes.

(Tells): Kafein tells you, "Are you ok with a brain wipe?"

Emir says, "Sure why not."

Kafein picks up a plain black sack.

You have emoted: Teani ponders the sack in front of herself carefully, head tilted to the side. "And only this task will be affected?"

With a jingling dip of the head, Priestess Kuona, the Subtle Voice says, "Anything from after wearing the sack, up until My Lord declares the task complete."

Emir says, "UGH STUPID VAMPIRES."

Emir says, "Voltda."
A sulfurous portal opens in the ground before Emir and he quickly jumps into it before it snaps shut behind him.

Emir enters from the north, riding an oversized, mountable ant.

Kafein considers Kuona's words.

(Tells): Kafein tells you, "If it is for the sake of the Guild, is it not worth the risk?"

You have emoted: Teani bends down to pick up the sack, fingers shifting it around idly. "And we will have no memory of what we have done," she muses. She finally nods her head, then looks at Priestess Kuona, the Subtle Voice. "It begins right now?"

Emir picks up a plain black sack.

(Tells): You tell Kafein, "I trust Him. I have to. He has earned my respect through our dealings."

Emir says to Priestess Kuona, the Subtle Voice, "If I succeed in whatever I'm doing could Lord Severn erase the Dominion from my memory FOREVER?"

You chuckle at Emir.

Kafein smirks at Emir.

Priestess Kuona, the Subtle Voice motions to the sacks in your hands. "As soon as all three of you pick up the sack and wear it." She beckons to the shadows, two other Minotaurs stepping forth. "Once you are ready to depart, they will escort you to the location where my Lord awaits."

Emir puts on a plain black sack.

You say to Priestess Kuona, the Subtle Voice, "With recent events in mind, will this mission reflect poorly on the Sciomancer guild?"

You have emoted: Teani watches Emir put on the sack, then waits for Kafein to make her decision.

Pursing her lips, Priestess Kuona, the Subtle Voice says, "Truthfully, even I do not know the task He as for you - only what He has instructed me to convey. My personal opinion is that He would not waste His assets in such a way."

You say, "True."

(Tells): You tell Kafein, "It is your choice."

Kafein nods at you. "I feel that is the truth, and I have put my trust and loyalty into Lord Severn."

Kafein puts on a plain black sack.

Wearing the sack on top of his mask, and his mask on top of his face, Emir flails around for a moment, trying to gain his bearings. "Wow this is impossible to see through!"

You are now wearing a plain black sack.

Voice somewhat muffled, you say, "I believe that is the point, Emir."

As the two Minotaur escorts step forward to guide you, Priestess Kuona, the Subtle Voice says, "Good luck to you all."

You travel for some time with the sack obscuring your senses, guided along by the two Minotaur escorts. You walk uphill, downhill, over rocky terrain, over smooth terrain and at some point ford a river. Then, the distinct sound of a portal opening catches your ears and you are guided through it.

Within a rocky ditch.
You find the weather around you imperceptible. An unstable layer of rocks covers the bottom of this crevice, different sized chunks shifting against each other with each step taken. The stones are piled in a deep layer and the edges of the rocky pile climb up the steep walls on either side. The size of the crevice is not uniform: at one end it widens out to a cave mouth set against a sheer stone wall, and at the other end it narrows considerably, hiding whatever terrain lays beyond its sloping walls. The nearby shadows twitch and flicker in response to the presence of Severn, the Manipulator. Kafein is here. She is protected by a reflection of herself. She wields a black voidstaff in her left hand and a buckler in her right. Emir is here. He wields a rune-covered cavalry shield in his left hand and a jewel-encrusted sacrificial dagger in his right.
You see a single exit leading in.

You hear the distinct gruff voice of Severn through your blindings, "You can remove those now."

Kafein removes a plain black sack.

Emir turns his head pointlessly, as if trying to see his surroundings. "Hi. Hello are w-oh ok."

Emir removes a plain black sack.

You have emoted: Teani follows along as best as she can, focusing on her other senses until she hears Severn's voice.

The ebon of the night hugs close, obscuring your view.

You have emoted: Teani blinks a few times, taking in the scenery before turning her eyes to Severn. "My Lord," she offers respectfully, bowing her head. "What do You need us to do?"

There is little to give away what location you now reside in other than the moon being higher in the sky than it was before, and the distant sound of waves crashing upon a rocky shore.

Kafein looks around, checking the status of you and Emir through sideways glances. "Lord Severn, it is an honor."

Severn inclines His shaggy head to you all, then turns to walk towards the cave mouth. "Follow," He commands.

Severn, the Manipulator departs to the in.

Emir leaves to the in.

Kafein leaves to the in.

Before an unnatural abyss.
The walls of this broad, cavernous chamber has been blackened over time with gouts of smoke, the black acrid clouds wafting up from the sheer northern drop. The area is softly lit by a faint amber light that streams in from the deep depression, and an uncomfortable heat can be felt from within the depths of the earth. An unaturally raised lip of stone runs along the northern portion of the chamber, tracing the edge of a great, untraversable hollow. The nearby shadows twitch and flicker in response to the presence of Severn, the Manipulator. Kafein is here. She is protected by a reflection of herself. She wields a black voidstaff in her left hand and a buckler in her right. Emir is here. He wields a rune-covered cavalry shield in his left hand and a black voidstaff in his right.
You see exits leading northeast, northwest, and out.

Gazing out over the abyss, Severn asks, "Tell Me, what do you see?"

"I see.. a blackened area singed by smoke and a..." Kafein hesitates, walking to the raised lip of stone, "what is that hollow?"

You have emoted: "Some form of rift, my Lord?" Teani muses, frowning at the black smoke rising.

Tilting his head as he examines his surroundings, Emir simply states. "A really big chamber."

Kafein smirks at Emir's simple answer before returning to a stoic composure.

Severn purses His lips, though He does not seem displeased. "As expected." His eyes close, His sole arm reaching out to grasp a hold of... something. You're not sure what - but the air seems to ripple in response to His touch. "And now?"

The shimmering, multi-hued curtain of the Artifice stretches over the abyss here.

(Tells): Kafein tells you, "This place feels eery."

You have emoted: Teani's eyes widen as the curtain appears. "That's..." she begins, then narrows her eyes as she focuses on it. "Very different."

Emir says, "I dunno what that is Sir."

Kafein gazes past the curtain, a chill rising up her spine. "There's something spiking my instincts here."

"The Grand Artifice," Severn proclaims, casting a discerening eye over His masterwork. "A small part of what remains of it, at least." A weary sigh escapes the God's snout. "These recent events have not been kind to it. It's breaking down, and I can not spare the essence to repair it Myself." He leaves the implication of what He has called you for unsaid, fixing you with a knowing gaze.

You feel a distant twinge at the back of your mind, as if some old, long-forgotten memory was struggling to surface.

Kafein shudders violently.

Kafein says, "You need our essence, Lord, to repair it."

You have emoted: Keeping her eyes on the slight shimmer, Teani studies it carefully. "All that was hidden will be revealed," she murmurs. "Some that should likely remain hidden, or insanity will become the norm."

Severn corrects Kafein as He loosens the clasp on Umbrael, the cloak of Midnight, "No, not your essence. Your knowledge and abilities, your control of Shadow."

Severn removes Umbrael, the cloak of Midnight.

You have emoted: Teani nods her head at Severn. "A veil to patch up another veil?"

Severn considers this a moment in pensive silence. "No, more of a reinforcement to buy some time." He moves to you, closing the distance in but a single long stride, and offers Umbrael, the cloak of Midnight to her. "Warden, you will need to borrow this for the task ahead."

The Shadow Mark upon your neck swirls with ancient power.

Emir looks from Severn to you, then to the cloak. "Oooo, pretty."

You have emoted: Teani looks down at the cloak, then straightens her back and nods at Severn. "Yes, my Lord," she says, holding it close. "What more will need to be done?"

You are holding:
Umbrael, the cloak of Midnight.

The stygian fabric of this cloak flows down to the wearer's ankles and tapers off into small tendrils of Shadow that trail the ground. Made from an otherworldly material, the cloak's thickness is in constant flux as if the garment was regularly breathing and its surface has a glossy sheen that reflects distorted images of its surroundings. A small venantium clasp accents the cloak and allows it to be fastened together beneath the chin.

You remove a cloak of shadow.

You have emoted: Teani folds her own cloak away before swinging Umbrael, the cloak of Midnight over her shoulders, shrugging it into place.

You slide Umbrael, the cloak of Midnight across your shoulders and fasten it tight. Almost immediately your pulse quickens and your senses become intoxicatingly heightened - it feels as if all the world's secrets are within your reach. You need only to reach forth and harness Shadow to its full potential to part the veil of this world.

Emir straightens his head, focusing his attention on Severn.

That distant memory struggles to swim to the surface of your mind again and you instinctively try to let it form. You feel that you have been in this situation before, in a different but unmistakably similar location. With these people. With this God. Blood curls from your nose and across your chin. You feel a sharp pain your head.

You have emoted: Teani almost stops as she stows her own cloak away, hand trembling slightly. She finishes the task, then looks at Emir, and Kafein, then at Severn. "This is famili..." She stops herself, clutching her hands to her head with a gasp.

Emir raises a hand quickly to his head, his eyes going wide beneath his mask. "Oww."

Kafein straightens, her eyes closing as she tries to concentrate inward. Her muscles tense. She starts lightly swaggering as if readying for something. "I've seen this before somehow."

Severn's eyes narrow as His gaze flickers between the three of you, and the blood that drips to the ground. "We had best proceed. Open your channel to Shadow if you have not done so." He orders.

Kafein grits her teeth, forcing herself to open her eyes. She gazes at Emir and you having similar reactions. Her fists clench and unclench as she forces her attention back to Lord Severn. With a twitch, she checks her channels.

With your superior will and sustained effort, you bind all of the elements under your control to you simultaneously.

Emir wipes the blood from his chin, smearing it across the bottom of his mask. He nods, indicating his channel of Shadow is already open.

You have emoted: Teani lets out a grunt, wiping blood from her nose, then turns her attention to Severn. "Ready," she says.

The tugging upon your memories persist, punctuated once again by that sharp pain - the other two with you do not react. You remember wearing Umbrael, you remember how you PROBEd the ARTIFICE and guided your fellows in this task.

You run your hands over the shimmering curtain of the Artifice as you continue to scout for its weak points.
You feel that the illusion is thinnest on its top layer.

Watching Teani work instinctively, Severn says, "You must DRAW upon your powers of Shadow more, REINFORCE the ARTIFICE following your Warden's directions."

The area around Emir chills slightly, his body trembling as he further draws upon Shadow.

The area around Kafein chills slightly, her body trembling as she further draws upon Shadow.

You have emoted: Teani shifts her attention away from Severn, eyes drifting to the curtain. "Top layer is weakest," she says.

A momentary chill grips you as you open yourself to the Plane of Shadow and draw upon more of its power.

Emir waits patiently for your instructions.

You have emoted: Teani sends some of her energy towards the top, then nods. "Focus your reinforcement to the top," she says clearly to Emir and Kafein.

Shadow quivers in Emir's palms as he reaches out to the top layer of the Artifice and reinforces it.

Severn says, "Do not be afraid to keep drawing upon Shadow. The more of it you wield, the faster this task will go. Observe moderation, do not let the greed for the power overwhelm you or She will notice."

<<drawing and reinforcing it, checking now and then and shifting between top, middle and bottom layers.>>

It is now midnight on Gosday, the 25th of Midsummer, year 476

You feel a searing pain on your neck as the Shadow Mark flares up. Visions fill your mind of Kafein - she risk too much.

You say, "Stop."

You cast a look of concern at Kafein.

You say to Kafein, "You need to pace yourself."

Kafein shudders.

You sense that the Artifice needs no further reinforcement here.

You say, "Hang on."

You run your hands over the shimmering curtain of the Artifice as you continue to scout for its weak points.
You sense that the Artifice needs no further reinforcement here.

You say, "This area is clear."
You say, "We should move on."

Emir begins to follow you.

Severn says, "Lead on, Warden."

You beckon Kafein to you.

Emir and Kafein follow you to the northeast.
Along the edge of the abyss.
The shimmering, multi-hued curtain of the Artifice stretches over the abyss here.

Severn, the Manipulator steps in from the southwest.

You say, "Alright, weakened here. Top first."

You nod your head emphatically.

You hear a faint whispering at the back of your mind.

You grunt noncommittally.

Severn observes the work in cold silence, His gaze narrowing in on Kafein.

You sense that the Artifice needs no further reinforcement here.

You say, "Stop."

You have emoted: Teani looks over at Kafein, "Are you doing alright?"

You say to Emir, "No headache?"

"Ummmm," Emir says uncertainly.

Emir says, "No ma'am."

Kafein gazes at you, gritting her teeth. "It's like something is trying to speak to me..."

Emir says, "I..I thought I heard whispers earlier."

Kafein screams, holding her head.

You say to Kafein, "Don't. Focus on the task."

You have emoted: Teani narrows her eyes, stepping closer to Kafein. "Listen to me, Kafein. Focus here. Sever your channel."

Kafein shakes, resolving herself. "Promises of power." She returns her focus to you.

Severn's jaw tightens, His blade coming into His hand. "You drew too much, too fast. She has noticed you. You must resist, or I will remove your head."

Shadows coalesce together in Severn's hand, manifesting into the Blade of Artifice.

You have emoted: "Sever it, Kafein!" Teani orders firmly, eyes suddenly cold.

Emir says, "She, Sir? Is it that Albedos Goddess lady thing?"

Kafein pants. "I'll be more careful."

The Shadow Mark upon your neck swirls with ancient power.

Kafein says, "Will I not be able to reinforce now?"

Grimly, Severn says to Emir, "Yes, the Shadow Mother. We have Her attention now. Proceed cautiously, do not draw anymore. She will tempt you, do not listen."

You have emoted: Teani nods slowly, the chill in her eyes dissipating. "This area is done, we will move to the other side," she says, then turns to Kafein. "Do you think you can open the channel again, without succumbing to the whispers?"

Emir nods his head at Severn, showing his acceptance.

Kafein seems to think for a moment before nodding slowly at you.

Emir says to Severn, "She's not very smart. She said she'd give me a weapon and then wanted my body. She'd make a great Primus though. She's dumb enough for it."

Emir nods his head at himself.

You ask Severn, "Will what we have drawn already be enough?"

With a slight nod, Severn says, "It will suffice. Proceed to the last point."

You nod your head emphatically.

Emir, Kafein, and Severn follow you to the southwest.
Emir, Kafein, and Severn follow you to the northwest.
Following an abyss.
The shimmering, multi-hued curtain of the Artifice stretches over the abyss here.
You see a single exit leading southeast.

Kafein says, "Shall I open the channel and draw once more?"

You say to Kafein, "No drawing."

Kafein nods her head at you.

Kafein uses Sciomancy Channel (shadow).
A deep sadness overcomes you, but disappears.

Emir smiles and says to Kafein, "Be careful ma'am, I like your head where it's at."

Kafein smiles at Emir, nodding graciously.

You have emoted: Teani looks at the curtain and takes a deep breath.

<<more reinforcing>>

The faint whispering returns, lurking in your mind like an unwanted visitor. The Shadow Mark burns. It burns, and burns and burns and still burns even when you think it impossible for it to burn more. She offers you great power, accept it. You could rule Sapience, none would be able to stop you.

You say, "Done."

With a hiss, Severn says, "Close your channels. Now."

You have emoted: Teani clasps a hand to the side of her neck, gritting her teeth. "Gaaah, that hurts," she gasps.

Kafein nods her head at Severn.

You release your woven bindings on your elemental bonds.
You sever the link to the realm of Shadow.

A cold shadow grips your heart, veiling your emotions.

"Ummmm," Emir says to you uncertainly.

You sever the link to the realm of Shadow.

Kafein casts a sharp glance to you, watching her carefully.

Severn still has His blade held ready, keeping His wary gaze fixed upon you. "Warden, the cloak."

You have emoted: Teani breathes forcefully through her nose, keeping her hand at her neck. She shakes her head quickly, as if to clear it, then reaches for the clasp at her neck with her free hand.

You remove Umbrael, the cloak of Midnight.

You have emoted: Once Umbrael, the cloak of Midnight falls away from her shoulders, Teani tries to straighten up a bit more and offers it back to Severn. "My Lord, Your cloak," she says, voice strained.

Severn releases His grasp on the Blade of Artifice - it simply hangs in the air - and reaches out to you for the Umbrael.

Kafein eases as the cloak is removed from you.

The cavern follows along the circular abyss here, coming to an abrupt halt where the floor has slid away into the depths. The air is thick with volcanic fumes and scorching heat, rasping in the lungs and stinging the sinuses. The nearby shadows twitch and flicker in response to the presence of Severn, the Manipulator. He wields the Blade of Artifice in His left hand. Kafein is here. She is protected by a reflection of herself. She wields a black voidstaff in her left hand and a buckler in her right. Emir is here. He wields a rune-covered cavalry shield in his left hand and a black voidstaff in his right. The shimmering, multi-hued curtain of the Artifice stretches over the abyss here.

Draping Umbrael, the cloak of Midnight over the stump at His right shoulder Severn moves to the Artifice bubble and sinks His sole arm into its depths.

Eyes closing in momentary focus, Severn says, "It will hold, for now. You did well, Sciomancers, but that was almost too close."

You have emoted: "Seems She thinks I would like to rule Sapience," Teani mutters with a crooked smile. "As if I don't have enough with the guild and the city."


Severn withdraws His arm and now jabs His finger towards Kafein. "You. You must learn more Control. Your risk was the greatest."

Kafein nods at Severn. "Aye. I agree, my Lord."

You have emoted: Teani nods slowly at Severn, looking at Kafein with concern. "We'll have to set up some proper exercises," she says, then looks at Emir. "You seemed to do well. I wonder what you would have done if She had offered you the Dominion on a plate."

Kafein ponders, keeping herself still. "She offered me power of any kind. It was not the best approach. I felt violated, but should have known better than to draw so much so quick."

Emir says to you, "I don't need Her for that, they exist because I allow it."

Severn's breath escapes His nostrils with an irritated snort. Drawing Himself up to His full height, He beckons each of you closer. "The issue of your memories."

Kafein steps closer to Lord Severn, bowing her head. She says nothing else.

Emir moves toward Severn. As he approaches, he asks, "Um Sir..have we..uh, have we done this before?"

Simply, Severn says to Emir, "Yes, but you will forget that soon too."

You have emoted: Teani chuckes at Emir's response, allowing herself that brief moment of relief. As she moves up to Severn, she says, "I am guessing we will return again when needed."

Emir nods in response. "OK, was just curious."

(Tells): You tell Severn, "It is a honor to serve You, my Lord."

"Indeed." is Severn only reply. He reaches for your head and places His hand upon the crown, its great size enveloping the breadth of you skull.

I hope this was enough.

You have emoted: Teani glances between the fingers at the surrounding landscape and the shimmering curtain of the Artifice, then at Emir and Kafein. "Ready, my Lord."

You feel your mind being shuffled through, a great searing pain blanking your senses. Blood begins to pour from your nose again, and the Manipulator quickly withdraws His hand -the pain subsides almost instantly, yet... your memories still remain.

Emir glances over at you, his eyes betraying his masked emotions as they fill with concern. "Is it suppose to hurt like that?"

You have emoted: Teani blinks, reaches up to wipe her nose and looks down to see it streaked with blood. She turns her eyes to Kafein, then Emir, and then up at Severn. "My Lord..." she begins, then looks back at Emir.

"That.." Severn begins cautiously, His gaze swinging to Emir now, "Should not happen." He grasps Emir's head in His hand and forces it around to stare intently into his eyes for several long moments.

Kafein grimaces, raising her head to look at you with concern.

Overcome with surprise, Emir remains still as he looks at Severn.

You have emoted: "My Lord Severn," Teani repeats, a bit more urgency in her voice. She watches as He stares Emir down.

The several long moments pass, and Severn releases Emir's head again. His jaw tightens, muscles tensing with restrained anger.

You have emoted: Teani swallows hard, taking a step closer. "What went wrong?" she asks, bringing one hand to her head.

Emir shakes his head, rubbing the top of it after Severn releases him. "Did we mess something up?"

Breathing slowly, Kafein looks to Lord Severn questioningly.

Coldly, and punctuated by a rasping hiss, Severn says, "No. This was My mistake - Her influence was stronger than I anticipated. My previous alterations have come too quick in succession and She has exacerbated the damage it toils upon your minds."

After a pause, Severn says, "The damage will heal, but I can not take your memories again without permanent damage - and I have future need of you all."

You have emoted: "Ah, this time we came closer to the brink than before?" Teani guesses, looking at Severn with a raised brow.

Kafein looks at Emir then you before gazing into Lord Severn's eyes. "I will assume since you are not taking our memories that we do not speak a word to anyone."

"That, combined with the repetead erasures I imagine. The dregs of your past memories were strong, this too was likely an influence." Severn replies with a roll of the shoulders, as if He was not quite sure Himself.

"Mortal minds are all wildly different, the manipulation of them is not a perfect art." Severn observes.

You have emoted: Teani nods in understanding. "Perhaps we can take advantage of this in some way? Knowing what we do will undoubtedly mean that we can prepare better for next time. Learn more control."

Emir says, "I was curious about that part but I didn't want to ask but since you said something maybe I will.."

Severn with a stern nod to Kafein now, "You have the right of it. You are now sworn to complete secrecy - you may tell others you assisted Me with a task if it pleases you. You may tell them how it made you feel. But you will not tell them what you did, or any details you may have gleaned on its location." He pauses, a hard edge entering His voice as He continues, "I do not threaten lightly, and I dislike doing so to those under My guidance - but that is the degree of importance this holds. Do not forget what happened to the last Guild that crossed Me."

Emir says, "Actually I guess removing our memories makes sense, I dunno."

Emir shrugs helplessly.

Severn peers at Emir suspiciously.

Emir says, "Yeah we don't wanna end up like the bug."

You say to Emir, "We most certainly do not. We are quite a bit smarter than that."

Severn says to you, "I will instruct Kuona, and she will prepare a task within the next few months for the fledglings of your guild to practice Control with."

Kafein says, "At least our memories won't be erased to further impact the necessity of training control. Secrecy is a non issue, as far as I am concerned, because of respect to You and the goal at hand."

Your vision suddenly becomes dark, as the shadows influence your sight.

You have emoted: Teani nods her head at Severn. "Excellent, my Lord. If there is anything else we can do, please let us know."

Quirking an eyebrow, Severn says, "If there are no further questions then?"

You have emoted: Teani looks to Emir and Kafein first.

Kafein says, "No, my Lord."

Emir says, "No sir!"

You ask Severn, "How much time have be bought?"

Simply, Severn says, "Enough."

Severn says, "No matter what may have happened throughout this task, the results are undeniable."

It is now dawn on Gosday, the 25th of Midsummer, year 476 of the Midnight Age.

You have emoted: Teani nods her head once. "Thank You, my Lord. I believe that was all I wished to know for now."

An enormous hand-shaped mass of coruscating shadow rises upwards from beneath Emir's feet, its fingers clutching tightly around him. As suddenly as it appeared, it thrusts itself in a nearly violent manner into the ground, carrying Emir with it.
An enormous hand-shaped mass of coruscating shadow rises upwards from beneath Kafein's feet, its fingers clutching tightly around her. As suddenly as it appeared, it thrusts itself in a nearly violent manner into the ground, carrying Kafein with it.

You have emoted: Teani watches the others become transported away, then turns her eyes to Severn, clasping her hands in front of herself patiently.

You remain with Severn as the shadows haul the other two away. He steps away, and the world shifts with Him, taking you elsewhere.



TekiasKelliaraSaritaSteeleTragerLuasNilsPazradym
Sign In or Register to comment.