Announce post #2890: The Soul Plane

<pre>10/15/2018 at 8:53
Keroc, the Starborn
Everyone
The Soul Plane

Hey folks,

When you die, you'll find the death sequence a little different. It no longer throws you straight into the mirror and then spits you out in the Cave. As such, you can now linger upon the Soul Plane for as long as you like until you APPROACH MIRROR. There is no additional costs for doing so.

The same is true for undead, except instead of APPROACH MIRROR you need to REFORM BODY.

If you forget, don't worry, there's a quick notification to remind you of what you need to do.

As for why you'd like to hang out somewhere like the Soul Plane, well, I'll leave that reasoning up to you! For now at least!

Enjoy!

Penned by my hand on Tisday, the 10th of Khepary, in the year 476 MA.</pre>
Nils

Comments

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee

SteeleLuasLeana
  • Someone was going to do it.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    Tekias
  • I might be wrong, but doesn't this go against the lore of undeath? The undead do not, as far as I am aware, go to the Underhalls when they die, which is why Dhar wants them all to bugger off and die properly. Or do the undead have a separate death area like 'Within the Earth' or something?
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Steele said:

I might be wrong, but doesn't this go against the lore of undeath? The undead do not, as far as I am aware, go to the Underhalls when they die, which is why Dhar wants them all to bugger off and die properly. Or do the undead have a separate death area like 'Within the Earth' or something?

They still go to their undead-only location, only living go to the new area. Just now they have the choice to sit there and regret their unlife choices before they 'reform body'.
    Steele
  • Tired of this biased treatment. Bring back Dhaivol. #alldeathsmatter
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    Haven
  • Showing my age a bit here but this is how things USED to be before the forced approach/reform was put into place. You would be a soul and sit losing exp forever. Then they removed the exp loss but you could be a soul and wait forever to approach.

Luas
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I think I remember that too. IIRC. changing it helped people who had gotten DCed, and who couldn't log back in for hours from turning back into newbies.
  • i'm in tinfoil hat mode about it just fwiw - you might notice it doesn't happen in areas that have non-standard death sequences!!! WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN

also luv to0 be proven right about indo doctrine i introduced :3c before we got the banhammer :{
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.